Ways to make mothers young in RomComs

Agentt

Thighs
Imagine this, you are a harem manga artist.

Naturally, you want to add some milfs in your MC's harem.

However, most milfs are in their 40s!
And that's just too old!

You want your milfs to be in their 20s!
But a 20 year old milf means her daughter is like an year old.

You can't have that! Because the daughter needs to be part of harem as well.

So, what are some ways to overcome this?

Over time, I have seen the following strategies by manga artists to overcome this

1. The Loli Mother
The most common strategy I have ever seen

You basically just draw a loli, and say, "Yeah, this girl is totally a mother."

2. The Winking Mother

Another very common strategy. You basically have the mother in her 20s, with her daughter being 18. When asked how this is possible, the mother just says: "Tee hee" *winks*
This is usually followed by MC saying something like he is scared and then the topic is never bought up again,

Bonus points if mother looks like the daughter and the MC confuses between the two.

3. The Russian Mother

So, the trope of "kissing is only a greeting in America" is quite common.

But for some reason, many manga artists use russians for this. I don't know why.

They just draw a white hair woman, and just say, "Yeah, she is russian. So you know what that means, go have seduce with her and her two daughters."

Usually accompanied by the said russians being very enthusiastic for japaneese culture, making it very easy to seduce them cuz the dialogue is just like,
"Hey! MC-kun! I just saw those two kiss! Does that mean kissing is a part of japaneese culture? Let's kiss too then!"

Honourable Mentions
Below are two instances of mangas outdoing themselves.

They thought of something no one else did, and are a legend in themselves.

1. The mother from Chichi Chichi
Got raped when she was 13 and died from childbirth at age of 14. Now her big tiddied ghost is a part of MC's harem, making her a milf and a loli all at once. Since 25 years has passed since her death, she is technically legal too.

2. The mother from 100 Girlfriends who really really really love you
Used Artificial Insemination to give birth at age of 14 because the father was suffering from a terminal disease and died soon after.

Making her the only milf on this planet who hasn't had sex ever.

3. The mother from Soul Eater
That was just simple college pregnancy. I am just amazed by their honesty. Like, no gimmics, no sugar coatings. Just straight up said, "yeah, this girl got knocked while she was in college"

+ points for realism

Last edited:

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I guess fantasy settings are out.

1. The Elf Milf
2. The Cultivation Milf
3. Vampire Milf
4. Sorceress Milf who doesn’t age due to magic
5. Science Milf who used technology to look young.

Daitengu

There's the "mother in spirit" type that looks after her younger siblings. Often comes with the dead parents and shit relatives tropes.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

And that's just too old!

Over time, I have seen the following strategies by manga artists to overcome this

1. The Loli Mother

2. The Winking Mother

Another very common strategy. You basically have the mother in her 20s, with her daughter being 18. When asked how this is possible, the mother just says: "Tee hee" *winks*
This is usually followed by MC saying something like he is scared and then the topic is never bought up again,

Bonus points if mother looks like the daughter and the MC confuses between the two.

3. The Russian Mother

But for some reason, many manga artists use russians for this. I don't know why.

They just draw a white hair woman, and just say, "Yeah, she is russian. So you know what that means, go have seduce with her and her two daughters."

Usually accompanied by the said russians being very enthusiastic for japaneese culture, making it very easy to seduce them cuz the dialogue is just like,
"Hey! MC-kun! I just saw those two kiss! Does that mean kissing is a part of japaneese culture? Let's kiss too then!"

Honourable Mentions

Got raped when she was 13 and died from childbirth at age of 14. Now her big tiddied ghost is a part of MC's harem, making her a milf and a loli all at once. Since 25 years has passed since her death, she is technically legal too.

Used Artificial Insemination to give birth at age of 14 because the father was suffering from a terminal disease and died soon after.

That was just simple college pregnancy. I am just amazed by their honesty. Like, no gimmics, no sugar coatings. Just straight up said, "yeah, this girl got knocked while she was in college"

+ points for realism
The mother could adopt. Also us women are very picky about our appearances and will do anything to look young

D

Deleted member 54065

And that's just too old!

1. The Loli Mother

2. The Winking Mother

3. The Russian Mother

Honourable Mentions

+ points for realism
I prefer the 'Russian Mother' trope, complete with white hair, and a rolling T-72 for sides.

SailusGebel

How come you forgot about the magic of being a step-sibling, in our case, a step-mother? As a bonus, I heard step-moms pair very well with a washing machine.

Agentt

Thighs
How come you forgot about the magic of being a step-sibling, in our case, a step-mother? As a bonus, I heard step-moms pair very well with a washing machine.
Funnily enough, I have yet to see this in a proper manga