We want emojis! We, the people!

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
A more peaceful request this time without trying to set the forum aflame.

The thread concerns the matter of emojis and the mysterious forces surrounding them. We actually don't want more. the already existing ones suffice perfectly, but the thing is that for some reason certain emojis despite existing in the database are not available on all platforms.

The scribble forum has a different selection of emojis compared to scribble proper, but why?

Wouldn't it be useful to make all existing emojis available on platforms? :blob_melt: Just add them to already existing ones. Little work, much effect.

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical
+1 to at least syncing emotes between forums and the website
Possibly adding more per user suggestions would be cool too.

You know what would be REALLY cool, if authors could upload their own emoji for their story? Like I know @Erios909 hade emotes of Elania, from his story made. (If I recall right?)

I know it's more work for the moderators though >.>
Not to mention implementation time for such a feature vs adding to existing global emotes.

Speaking of which, am I really blind or is there not a place to contribute? I know it's not much but I'd be happy to pay a couple of dollars a month to a Patreon or something if that'd help give more time to work on the site? After all, I know what a PITA even simple seeming things can require development wise.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Emoji hacks can all drown in their emojiless platforms while I laugh in traditional emoticons ecksdee

Assurbanipal_II

In the future, I will spam suggestions under general thread as they get no attention here if you respect the rules, which is a shame.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Speaking of which, am I really blind or is there not a place to contribute? I know it's not much but I'd be happy to pay a couple of dollars a month to a Patreon or something if that'd help give more time to work on the site? After all, I know what a PITA even simple seeming things can require development wise.
Currently Scribblehub is not monetized. It will eventually have ads put into it when Tony decides it is the right time.

Until then, Novel Updates is the one supporting Scribblehub.

And AFAIK, there are no plans on creating a patreon or anything related to it for Scribblehub nor for Novel Updates. Tony would rather have you spend that money supporting the authors of the platform instead.

Assurbanipal_II

Currently Scribblehub is not monetized. It will eventually have ads put into it when Tony decides it is the right time.

Until then, Novel Updates is the one supporting Scribblehub.
I doubt it will ever be monetised with our current range of content.

Assurbanipal_II

Nah, Tony doesn't work for free. He firmly believes Scribbly has potential to outgrow NU.

Scribbly being monetized is a matter of when, not if~
And I am the empress of China. Do you know the reason why RR and similar websites are currently cracking down on smut novels and why scribblehub has such an influx in recent times?

D

Deleted member 29316

I also get ads on my mobile...

It's an online shopping app.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I got some soap ads today, but they were like... In the very very very bottom of the page, in a section I wouldn't have even visited if I wasn't actively searching to see if there was some place that had ads that I hadn't seen before... >.>

Erios909

Attachments

• Elania Hype.png
    Elania Hype.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Elania Sparkle.png
    Elania Sparkle.png
    156 KB · Views: 54
  • ElaniaHappy512.png
    ElaniaHappy512.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 55
  • ElaniaHuHuSweat.png
    ElaniaHuHuSweat.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 52
  • ElaniaWink.png
    ElaniaWink.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 56

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical
*Looks at your emotes*

*Smiles* "Kawaiiii~~~"

*Looks at your sig*

*Thinking Emoji* :blob_hmm_two:

"Needs more Kawaii Elania"

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
A more peaceful request this time without trying to set the forum aflame.

The thread concerns the matter of emojis and the mysterious forces surrounding them. We actually don't want more. the already existing ones suffice perfectly, but the thing is that for some reason certain emojis despite existing in the database are not available on all platforms.

The scribble forum has a different selection of emojis compared to scribble proper, but why?

Wouldn't it be useful to make all existing emojis available on platforms? :blob_melt: Just add them to already existing ones. Little work, much effect.
I want to see some stickers aswell, like how Line does it and people could add their own sticker/emote sets for a small price and sell them to other users on forum and mainsite! It will also help authors too it can be hard to type messsages sometimes so people could just post an expressive sticker instead!

Also the reposition of the emoji button, pressing 3 dots to bring up the tab for emojis or anything isn't really that intelligible(I'm on mobile so it might just be a mobile thing).

Last edited:

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Also the reposition of the emoji button, pressing 3 dots to bring up the tab for emojis or anything isn't really that intelligible(I'm on mobile so it might just be a mobile thing).
I don't have that on the forums directly but it happens in private messages and I agree that it's a bit annoying