Recommendations Weak Protagonist.

Generik0

Stories with a weak protagonist since I've started growing tired of op/strong protagonists.

Rudia_Estelle

If it is not scribble hub only, I would recommend Trash of the Count's family, The S classes that I raised and Trapped in a fantasy novel as a good for nothing. They are the best for me who don't like super super OP ones that much.

And if you don't mind for self-promotion, you can check my novel here. I also grow tired of OP protagonist so yea I wrote one with a physically weak mc.

FDSIO

Stories with a weak protagonist since I've started growing tired of op/strong protagonists.

What if you aren't growing tired of op/strong protagonists, but mentally weak ones? I for one, am more annoyed by that aspect rather the OPness itself.

But I understand your point. If the MC is weak, the author needs to put some actual work to make the plot move forward...

Generik0

What if you aren't growing tired of op/strong protagonists, but mentally weak ones? I for one, am more annoyed by that aspect rather the OPness itself.

But I understand your point. If the MC is weak, the author needs to put some actual work to make the plot move forward...
It's more seasonal I guess. Sooner or later I would get tired of weak MCs and shift to OP MCs. It happens vice versa every week or month.

Still, I like weak MCs who grow as a human even those who are mentally weak more than the preestablished competent ones. All in all, it's just a matter of taste.

)Then again there are exceptions(

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Oh yes, that's a biggest annoyance is when they're OP AF yet are so mentally weak you'd think they're absolutely powerless and useless. really a waste of OP powers.

MerCurry

not only is my MC weak--but there's five of them. All of them powerless in life in some shape or form during a time in history where fantasy has become reality. It's more about them growing UP during all this versus growing powerful.

siVisPride

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Sorry, I rejected all of those novels.

Derin_Edala

Kayden, the main character in The Cursed Heart, is significantly weaker than most of the rest of the cast. Nobody really makes a thing of this; he's just a fairly average guy.

If you're willing to branch into published novels, you might want to look into the How To Train Your Dragon series. (The books, not the tv/movies. The books are very, VERY different.) They are written for children though.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Dislike weak MC's. Weakness isn't something to celebrate or glorify, and so I abhor it in fiction. Plus, the only time a Weak MC is even remotely entertaining is when they are extremely intelligent/calculating and the plot is moved along by their sheer wit overcoming foes without force. But, this is a tall order to make plot-wise and from my experience, rarely done well and convincingly. Usually, authors who attempt this just make the enemies of said weak and smart MC very stupid.

Freemints30

Dislike weak MC's. Weakness isn't something to celebrate or glorify, and so I abhor it in fiction. Plus, the only time a Weak MC is even remotely entertaining is when they are extremely intelligent/calculating and the plot is moved along by their sheer wit overcoming foes without force. But, this is a tall order to make plot-wise and from my experience, rarely done well and convincingly. Usually, authors who attempt this just make the enemies of said weak and smart MC very stupid.
what got into your coffee? was it weak sauce?

Weakness is to be look at with celebration as one overcomes it. Mayne people have weakness and wish to see heros and heroines with these traits actual be heros without it stopping them. In a physical sense or a mental health sense, its kinda gratifyingly to see.

physically we have disable heros who use more their mind then anything else or find a way to do the plot regardless.

For mental we can have a character recovering from PTSD and or social isolation or issues in a hopefully realistic manner. (no, getting isekied would not make a a shy person immediately become a milf slayer harem gather. Its the dumbest thing to see)

Really your complaint I have seen much more in OP heros. Ie they only look OP compared to their stupid villains who can't debate a toddler to make the hero look wise or fight a fish out of water to make them look strong

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
(no, getting isekied would not make a a shy person immediately become a milf slayer harem gather. Its the dumbest thing to see)
idk man if war can turn the common shy citizen into a hardened, wide-eye'd "thousand yard stare" killer for the nation, I can give the same benefit of the doubt towards a NEET getting hit by a truck, resulting in a trauma so strong it ignited some hidden caveman chad, breeding genetics within

Slaynoir

Well if you mean weak physically/mentally I guess I could give you my story. Not that he's 'weak' character plotting, more like he goes from weak to strong. Funny enough he is strong by a good amount of OP but doesn't know it, if you get my drift. First chapter he's getting the literal crap beaten out of him so...yeah. It has been set up yet it looks like on my profile, but I am more than happy to send you a pm with some spoilers of the prelude of it just to see if you like it.