Webnovel wants to contract me so much that they'll even impersonate me, lol

Tearing_Sanctuary

Complete BS. (I am wondering if u really know something or just acting like an imposter)
Lol i received a contract offer, I'm only sharing what terms I read.
Are you for real, XD?! I wonder if u r just acting like a veteran because of few rumors or it's all just made up. Takes priority over the next work?? It's nothing like that. If I had to say, it means that the chances of getting contract on ur next work is higher than the average writers since u already haave contracted once with them. If u don't want to then they r not forcing u. U cannot join any even as a person, not just as a contracted author?? I really wanna know, from where u got this insight. Bruh
Bruh, i received and read the 21 pages of their contract. I'm only sharing what i read and received

Heavy_Helium

Lol i received a contract offer, I'm only sharing what terms I read.

Bruh, i received and read the 21 pages of their contract. I'm only sharing what i read and received
mhm, I see. Well, I am a contracted author and that too for around 2 yrs now. I think u misunderstood some things that the contract mentioned and took it the wrong way.
If Webnovel was that shady, people wouldn't be a fool to keep writing there. Getting contracted is just a start and after that the real story starts. From ranking to the earning and everything. It's fine to be cautious but it's not good to ask for advice and receive misinformation
Communism isn't a religion and people write all kinds of anti Christianity stuff all the time
I see.

Tearing_Sanctuary

mhm, I see. Well, I am a contracted author and that too for around 2 yrs now. I think u misunderstood some things that the contract mentioned and took it the wrong way.
Maybe so, but it worries me. Especially the no promotion of competition since i have a plan submitting my future works to a publishing house. And the term will likely impede and a headache in the future.

I actually joined one of the writing prompt competition recently wanting to be contracted. But was disappointed since i wouldn't risk taking the contract with those kind of terms.

Heavy_Helium

Maybe so, but it worries me. Especially the no promotion of competition since i have a plan submitting my future works to a publishing house. And the term will likely impede and a headache in the future.

I actually joined one of the writing prompt competition recently wanting to be contracted. But was disappointed since i wouldn't risk taking the contract with those kind of terms.
Mhm, If I had to be honest, the hard publishing and going to the publishing house is a pain in the ass. One of my friend had written around 34 books for hard covers and it didn't work. Writing prompt competition for webnovel or other sites???

Tearing_Sanctuary

If Webnovel was that shady, people wouldn't be a fool to keep writing there.
Also, I'm not saying they're shady by the way. I only have qualms about the contract since they might conflict with the future I was planning because i was only intending to work for Webnovel for a short time or duration of my work that participated in their competition.

It's up to anyone if they want to sign or not.
Writing prompt competition for webnovel or other sites???
Webnovel
Mhm, If I had to be honest, the hard publishing and going to the publishing house is a pain in the ass.
It will certainly be hard. But that is my, one might call, dream or ambition. I sort of want to try it😂😂 i might get lucky or something

TunTun

If Webnovel was that shady, people wouldn't be a fool to keep writing there. Getting contracted is just a start and after that the real story starts. From ranking to the earning and everything. It's fine to be cautious but it's not good to ask for advice and receive misinformation

I see.
The overwhelming majority of contracted authors are from the third world lol

Of course they'll take a contract that is awful as long as the pay is good for them.

LilTV1155

@Heavy_Helium , I can only say this.

If rumors are just smokes. Then where's smokes, then you find fire.

But Webnovel doesn't just have this kind of problem with other Authors here, but also with other Translators even from Novelupdates. Just like Qidian.

Even if it not the actual entity, you still have someone playing around in the name of that Entity to mess with people. If Webnovels are rejected by Author or Translator, shouldn't they take a no instead of harassing people from other country into signing up their works for things they don't want to?

LostLibrarian

mhm, I see. Well, I am a contracted author and that too for around 2 yrs now.
Honest question: How are you a contracted author of over 2 years, making a ton of money, when your account is not even 2 months old, with your only story in hiatus since 3 weeks?

Not saying you are spouting bullshit, but yeah, that sounds like... bullshit.

TunTun

Mhm, If I had to be honest, the hard publishing and going to the publishing house is a pain in the ass. One of my friend had written around 34 books for hard covers and it didn't work. Writing prompt competition for webnovel or other sites???
For what country did he publish 34 hard covers? It sounds suspicious. From what I have seen most authors only ever publish 2-8 books in their lifetime

TunTun

Honest question: How are you a contracted author of over 2 years, making a ton of money, when your account is not even 2 months old, with your only story in hiatus since 3 weeks?

Because it is easy to lie.

Heavy_Helium

That's not a honest question. That's just you checking the name that I have here on scribblehub. I wouldn't disclose much but I will show this screenshot as a proof for my main account.
Because it is easy to lie.
bruh, I am not gonna explain much and I really don't care if u don't believe (just so u know).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-23 235544.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-23 235544.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 43

Tropic_Panda

Well, i once wrote in WN for a few months, but it was not working out for lazy author like me. I mean, i barely write few hundreds words per day when my mood is good. So it was hard to follow term 1500 words / day to get the promised incentive for the first few month.

Now, i settle my butt on RR and SmutHub and find a peace of mind.

Heavy_Helium

For what country did he publish 34 hard covers? It sounds suspicious. From what I have seen most authors only ever publish 2-8 books in their lifetime
hmm, I said, he had written, I never said they were published. Now that's u adding the publish words as a replacement for writing. He submitted 34 works and not all novels are a thick book (just so u know)
The overwhelming majority of contracted authors are from the third world lol

Of course they'll take a contract that is awful as long as the pay is good for them.
awful contract?? Have u even read the contract?! If yes, then I would be grateful if u could mention those awful points. There are people who do not like some points in the contract but there are many who agree with it so it depends on the person himself/herself.(Do not copy someone else's points). If not, then I don't agree with ur point there. (u wouldn't care even if I didn't agree so whatever)

LostLibrarian

That's not a honest question. That's just you checking the name that I have here on scribblehub. I wouldn't disclose much but I will show this screenshot as a proof for my main account.
It is an honest question, because your story and those numbers - even those of the screenshots - don't add up with anything I have seen from WN. Less than a chapter a week with 5-10k words a month isn't something that would have been possible as contracted author when I had those papers in front of me.

So the question still remains. Simply whether they really eased up on the contracts or you are just talking whatever. I don't have interest in WN but I also have seen enough people speaking out of their behind for that company.

If your contract is different and you are happy... good for you.

Heavy_Helium

@Heavy_Helium , I can only say this.

If rumors are just smokes. Then where's smokes, then you find fire.

But Webnovel doesn't just have this kind of problem with other Authors here, but also with other Translators even from Novelupdates. Just like Qidian.

Even if it not the actual entity, you still have someone playing around in the name of that Entity to mess with people. If Webnovels are rejected by Author or Translator, shouldn't they take a no instead of harassing people from other country into signing up their works for things they don't want to?
I agree with you. But I would like to mention few things contradicting some of your points.
Yeah, rumors arise from somewhere at some point but when a gossip goes through a series of talks and chats for a long time, new things are added into it automatically even though they don't exist.
HARRASSING PEOPLE TO TAKE THE CONTRACT?? no, they don't do that.
Also, some were saying that the famous author gave hate to webnovel but if I had to be blunt, it was because Webnovel had implemented some new policies to benefit the newbie authors which in turn didn't benefit the ones that were at the top as it did before. That particular thing struck the respective author and he couldn't agree with it.

LostLibrarian

but you're doing pretty well imo
also, I love the signature art
Thanks. Was really fun to work with that artist...

And yeah, I'm doing fine for a hobby. Especially with all the hiatus.
But there is no way that is enough for monetization, let alone making a living from it.