Webnovel wants to contract me so much that they'll even impersonate me, lol

Reyezwriting

It all started a month ago, when Webnovel offered me a contract for my Smut Spin off.
Why did my spin off received a contract before my main series? Who knows! (Sex sells *cough*)

I just previewed the contract but never signed it. A week later they sent me another contract invitation, now for my main series... Finally! Yay?

Now, everytime I signed in I get this annoying pop up telling me to sign already! Or tell them the reason why I dont want to. And no matter how many times I choose the I'm not signing option, the pop up keeps appearing.

Now, why am I making this post? Because today I found out that my evil virtual doppelganger has been making questions in my place about how to sign the contract.... Twice today!

Once when I logged in through my computer, and then when I did the same on my phone... Lol!

Should I give them the rights for my work for the next 50 years? Nah, I'm good...

BlackKnightX

It all started a month ago, when Webnovel offered me a contract for my Smut Spin off.
Why did my spin off received a contract before my main series? Who knows! (Sex sells *cough*)

I just previewed the contract but never signed it. A week later they sent me another contract invitation, now for my main series... Finally! Yay?

Now, everytime I signed in I get this annoying pop up telling me to sign already! Or tell them the reason why I dont want to. And no matter how many times I choose the I'm not signing option, the pop up keeps appearing.

Now, why am I making this post? Because today I found out that my evil virtual doppelganger has been making questions in my place about how to sign the contract.... Twice today!

Once when I logged in through my computer, and then when I did the same on my phone... Lol!

Should I give them the rights for my work for the next 50 years? Nah, I'm good...
Well, Webnovel is ruthless, alright. 😂

I heard some story from quite a famous author that his stories got stolen and posted on Webnovel. So he contacted them and complaint about it. Webnovel told him that they’d look into it.

Sometime passed and nothing happened, so the said author just sue the Webnovel company. Though, in the end, the company’s still doing fine despite all that.

At last, I think the author changed some contents in his stories into something that violated the rules of Webnovel, and not long after, the stories were finally deleted.

Well, just a little warning of what you might get yourself into~ 😂

Last edited:

Vicky

Ah, isn't it they'll stop having rights 50 years after you die?😂😂😂 Hahaha

Maybe because they're in China, it must be incredibly hard.
Because the only people who can sue them, are those who are contracted with them.

And no one ever accepts a horrible contract unless they are desperate for money. Which means, they do not have the money to sue the multi-million dollar company.

LilTV1155

Wondering why hasn't it get sued to oblivion yet..
They will probably say, "I got lawyers."
But if they steal like that, soon people will start ripping off information from their stories.
If the Webnovel has a main base in China and no one is looking into it, no wonder the bad rep plus extra deliberate stuffs they do to the translation and writing.

Since a corporation is targeting solo creators, then would having a public publisher corporation be able to help combat that?
If their authors or Webnovel complain about someone stealing their work, then other authors should bring up the contracts and stuffs that Webnovel did to get creators' signatures on contracts. Should be no complaints, no?

Eye for an eye. Tooth for a tooth. You take mine. I take your. Work's no private, when you gonna be a pirate. 🎶

That make them shady stupid.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

They will probably say, "I got lawyers."
But if they steal like that, soon people will start ripping off information from their stories.
If the Webnovel has a main base in China and no one is looking into it, no wonder the bad rep plus extra deliberate stuffs they do to the translation and writing.

Since a corporation is targeting solo creators, then would having a public publisher corporation be able to help combat that?
If their authors or Webnovel complain about someone stealing their work, then other authors should bring up the contracts and stuffs that Webnovel did to get creators' signatures on contracts. Should be no complaints, no?

Eye for an eye. Tooth for a tooth. You take mine. I take your. Work's no private, when you gonna be a pirate. 🎶

That make them shady stupid.
Ik, ik. Lawyers, big corp, location...
Thu gotta be some other location's violations stuff they do...
Like if WP has agreement for AU, CA, US...but eh whatever. Just avoid that site. Its trash.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Write fanfiction, and they'll stop harassing you!

S10

Not only your rights for your works, but when you sign it, you might have to give up on working on other projects outside of webnovel 😂😂
They'll basically chain you up forevermore since it restricts you from working with other competition, unless the contract terminates (it does not have an expiration, nor do you have any freedom to choose to leave)
Lot of risks for the future if one has dreams and ambitions.
You have to do work to do with the contracted series/related novels (ie sequel) on webnovel but otherwise you can upload wherever you want

Heavy_Helium

I think u r mistaken about something. That impersonating thing, is nothing like a virtual doppelganger lmao. Each time, the contract pops up on ur screen and u click the cross button to close it, it automatically sends a msg to the Editors. I also talked to them about it and they said that it's just an automated reply and u can ignore it cause they do the same.
Also, I am a contracted author there and when I first read all the replies to ur post, I couldn't stop laughing.
Just join the webnovel discord and u will understand why it's still going on and so many contracted authors are already writing there.
I wouldn't speak much or I will be called a webnovel staff or someone from their side or shit like that(maybe some r already thinking like that) Rest is up to you.
I don't think they will stop at Fanfictions.
Maybe write something that break policies in all other countries?
I mean why would u write something that breaks policies in all other countries??? Also, the fanfiction's completely harmless if u think the originals are harmful.
Really? There's literally a line their that basically says you cannot join or participate any event or promotion for a competition of the company. Which by the way didn't mention that this only applies for your contracted work. Which could mean this applies to you as a person. Furthermore, Webnovel also takes priority on your next work when you finish the contracted novel. A dangerous legal line, which when you break any of the terms -- the punishment is quite worrisome when you have worked for them for like 6 years for instance. I'm just not gonna say any contents of their contracts just to be safe. Ah, this is for Exclusive contract which would be the "best" contract than non-exclusive since with exclusive, they'll promote your work.
Are you for real, XD?! I wonder if u r just acting like a veteran because of few rumors or it's all just made up. Takes priority over the next work?? It's nothing like that. If I had to say, it means that the chances of getting contract on ur next work is higher than the average writers since u already haave contracted once with them. If u don't want to then they r not forcing u. U cannot join any even as a person, not just as a contracted author?? I really wanna know, from where u got this insight. Bruh
Ik, ik. Lawyers, big corp, location...
Thu gotta be some other location's violations stuff they do...
Like if WP has agreement for AU, CA, US...but eh whatever. Just avoid that site. Its trash.
I am fine with it being trash if I am earning quite a sum from it.

Last edited:

Heavy_Helium

Not only your rights for your works, but when you sign it, you might have to give up on working on other projects outside of webnovel 😂😂
They'll basically chain you up forevermore since it restricts you from working with other competition, unless the contract terminates (it does not have an expiration, nor do you have any freedom to choose to leave)
Lot of risks for the future if one has dreams and ambitions.
Complete BS. (I am wondering if u really know something or just acting like an imposter)

Heavy_Helium

Just write a chapter denouncing communism badmouthing China or about how some crazy dictator on the news looks like whinny the pooh they'll never contact you again
u can't write something like that anywhere...It obviously become religious related and no site allows it.

Redemit

u can't write something like that anywhere...It obviously become religious related and no site allows it.
Communism isn't a religion and people write all kinds of anti Christianity stuff all the time

Heavy_Helium

Lol i received a contract offer, I'm only sharing what terms I read.

Bruh, i received and read the 21 pages of their contract. I'm only sharing what i read and received
mhm, I see. Well, I am a contracted author and that too for around 2 yrs now. I think u misunderstood some things that the contract mentioned and took it the wrong way.
If Webnovel was that shady, people wouldn't be a fool to keep writing there. Getting contracted is just a start and after that the real story starts. From ranking to the earning and everything. It's fine to be cautious but it's not good to ask for advice and receive misinformation
Communism isn't a religion and people write all kinds of anti Christianity stuff all the time
I see.

Heavy_Helium

Maybe so, but it worries me. Especially the no promotion of competition since i have a plan submitting my future works to a publishing house. And the term will likely impede and a headache in the future.

I actually joined one of the writing prompt competition recently wanting to be contracted. But was disappointed since i wouldn't risk taking the contract with those kind of terms.
Mhm, If I had to be honest, the hard publishing and going to the publishing house is a pain in the ass. One of my friend had written around 34 books for hard covers and it didn't work. Writing prompt competition for webnovel or other sites???

TunTun

mhm, I see. Well, I am a contracted author and that too for around 2 yrs now. I think u misunderstood some things that the contract mentioned and took it the wrong way.
If Webnovel was that shady, people wouldn't be a fool to keep writing there. Getting contracted is just a start and after that the real story starts. From ranking to the earning and everything. It's fine to be cautious but it's not good to ask for advice and receive misinformation

I see.
The overwhelming majority of contracted authors are from the third world lol

Of course they'll take a contract that is awful as long as the pay is good for them.