Weird Day

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
So my bus was late today, and not for the reason you think.

You see I ride public transportation because I am poor, and it saves me from spending over $3.30 per gallon of gas. I can't really hold down a job given the number of classes I have. So naturally, the price for me being cost-effective was the bus that picks me up every time from college is the one full of mentally unstable people, cripples, and special needs people. I can not make this next part-up.

So there happen to be these two people on the bus, one Karen lady that always rides that by the way she acts leads me to believe she needs meds. The other is a quadriplegic who likes to talk shit, these two argue a lot but nothing really comes of it, until today. I call because my bus is twenty minutes late, only to find out, from the operator on the other end of the phone that the Karen fucking snapped and decided to see if she could fold a vegetable into a pretzel, after the cripple decided to say to her and I quote, "I fucked your mom."

Then the bus driver decide to brake up the fight and things ended up even nastier. When my driver showed up he had a shiner, and the two combatants were gone. I asked the woman who sets to me to confirm the story, and she gave the perfect answer by confirming the story and rolling her eyes and saying, "Fucking retards."

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Cool story. Your probably going to have some more weird bad experiences so here’s my video recommendation to better deal with the possibility of such.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Wow, that's wild! I've seen a few weird things on public transit too, but I've never gotten to know people on any particular route by commuting regularly. I always used my bicycle for routine commutes. I choose not to drive, so I take public transit (mostly trains) to see friends and lovers in other cities. I haven't been on public transit since the pandemic hit, though. That must be extra scary.

TotallyHuman

Wow, that happens.
Usually for me, public transportation is actually very nice. People don't talk to each other, avoid looking at each other and it's all pretty dandy (most of the time), to the point I usually take the bus even if I can go by car.

I usually take public transportation for similar reasons. The last interesting interaction I remember is some guy got up and started talking out of nowhere, praising the current regime. There are two possibilities either he's fucked in the head or a mole. But in either cases you can't really say anything. So, everyone sat and listened while sighing or murmuring to themselves. I got off a few minutes after.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Cool story. Your probably going to have some more weird bad experiences so here’s my video recommendation to better deal with the possibility of such.
I need one of those coins for my son!
. . . and done!
1.png

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
One of the shocking things about reality is that if you wrote this in a story, people would likely call it contrived, because come on, NO ONE could be THAT mean.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
ive seen a lot of shit in public transport, and I've done a lot of shit in public transport

Teanam

As a german, the most shocking is the $3.30 per gallon for gas. Doing some math with converting liters to gallon and € to $, it's around $8 for a gallon for us...

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Well, the worst I every had was during the time of me going to my old workplace and seeing this old uncle everyday on the train kicking the train door whenever he is about to reach his stop. So I kinda use him as my alarm clock by sitting in the same cabin and everytime I hear the kicking, it means that my stop is near.

bloodyWriter

As a german, the most shocking is the $3.30 per gallon for gas. Doing some math with converting liters to gallon and € to $, it's around $8 for a gallon for us...
Im not entirely sure how you get to that:
3,3 $ = 1 Gal
One galon is 3,78 litres
3,3 $ are 2,91 EUR
=> 2,91 EUR = 3,78 litres devided by 3,78 means around 0,7 EUR = 1 litre

Nane

Doesn't go well in a milkshake
So my bus was late today, and not for the reason you think.

You see I ride public transportation because I am poor, and it saves me from spending over $3.30 per gallon of gas. I can't really hold down a job given the number of classes I have. So naturally, the price for me being cost-effective was the bus that picks me up every time from college is the one full of mentally unstable people, cripples, and special needs people. I can not make this next part-up.

So there happen to be these two people on the bus, one Karen lady that always rides that by the way she acts leads me to believe she needs meds. The other is a quadriplegic who likes to talk shit, these two argue a lot but nothing really comes of it, until today. I call because my bus is twenty minutes late, only to find out, from the operator on the other end of the phone that the Karen fucking snapped and decided to see if she could fold a vegetable into a pretzel, after the cripple decided to say to her and I quote, "I fucked your mom."

Then the bus driver decide to brake up the fight and things ended up even nastier. When my driver showed up he had a shiner, and the two combatants were gone. I asked the woman who sets to me to confirm the story, and she gave the perfect answer by confirming the story and rolling her eyes and saying, "Fucking retards."
Interestingly, I'm also having a weird day. It's not up there with extremely mean people doing extremely mean things, but more like uncaring people doing annoying things over and over.
Combined, it leaves you feeling a bit drained. :blob_awkward:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Sucks that that happened to you. Public transportation sucks.