Weird definitely questionable?

ChaosGodOfJashin

The Chaos God of The Towers
I've been wondering for quite a while in this matter. So I've been reading novels for more than 4-5 years now and I've encountered some weird shits and generic shits but also some good shits.

So what I'm wondering is.. why the fuck do ALMOST all VRMMORPG type novels name always ends with a 'Online'? Like I don't even understand? Just why? While I do understand that not all of that have this type of naming but I just dont understand?

Also another thing that I need to probably ask. WHY PRODUCTION CLASS?
Like seriously just why? I mean are the authors just lazy or it's like easier but they in the end made the MC into another just offensive character so I just don't understand?

So someone please answer this.

Jailbreak571

Former CEO of Kamazon. Active lurker
So what I'm wondering is.. why the fuck do ALMOST all VRMMORPG type novels name always ends with a 'Online'? Like I don't even understand? Just why? While I do understand that not all of that have this type of naming but I just dont understand?
Maybe Because they are online? Or Maybe they don't have a naming sense? (don't worry, I don't have one too lol)

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Custom equipment is always the path to ultimate cheese.
I can make some broken characters, but nothing is quite as broken as magical equipment. For example:
In d20 there is a 2,000 gp Weapon Special Ability that gives you the ability to do a free action attack. a mere 1d6 as a ray attack. Kinda pathetic.

Except that you can have Boot Blades, Hidden knee blades, Elbow Blades, Battle Gauntlets, Claws over the gauntlets, Armor spikes, Armor razors, Horned Helmet. That's 13 locations you can put a 2k gp WSA and technically each and every weapon is wielded, so you can use the "free" action for all of them.

Then you get a sorcerer hand. This item normally sucks, but technically it's a weapon, so you can add more WSA to it.... like burning, or acid or splitting, or exit wound. Every attack out of the Sorcerer Hand then gains the WSAs you have in the sorcerer's hand. Oh...

Did I mention any ray attack you make automatically is routed through the Sorcerer's hand? And you can put the free action ray attack on the sorcerer's hand?

So suddenly, as a free action mind you, I can hit you 14 1d6 rays that become 1d6+1d6 fire+1d6 Acid, split into 2 rays and each attack then goes through you for another +1d6 damage and can also hit the target BEHIND you at a mere -4 to hit. And then the next at -8 and -12, until you fail a roll. so that's 28 attacks at an average of 14 points of damage a ray and because it's touch attacks Im bound to get at least 1 most likely 2 or 3 targets behind the front row.

We can then average the damage to be around 20 successful hits for 280 points of damage to the guy in front, then 224 to the target behind him, and 168 to the one behind that. Assuming the MAXIMUM number of hit points per hit die. This would wipe out the front 3 LEVEL 21 CRITTERS. BTW, the only power my PC has is nerveskitter and a billion different stacked abilities to make sure I have a +30 to initiative checks so I can always go first.

Basically, I become a walking minigun that shoots burning acidic 5mm rounds. I go first and can just wipe out EVERYTHING within 50 feet, and then I get to actually start casting spells!

You cannot randomly find this equipment. ONLY someone who has Craft Arms and Armor can hope to create this ABOMINATION of equipment abuse. You will never be able to find the right combination of feats and abilities in an NPC.

Oh, And I can make this monster under Wealth by Level restrictions by level 7.

Production Classes (unless deliberately nerfed) are always the most broken.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
They forgot to use condom carefully.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
So what I'm wondering is.. why the fuck do ALMOST all VRMMORPG type novels name always ends with a 'Online'?
It's an online game and that's the basis of the novel.

I also think that the @TheEldritchGod explained Production Classes perfectly...