weird idea

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
You know those stories with long titles that end up as questions (like mine: wasn't my new life in another world supposed to be easy?)
I had this weird idea: what if there is a story with a long question title, but it's a horror? And the question becomes creepy as the story progresses (like: why are my childhood friends behaving weird? Grows from a romcom to a mystery thriller horror story about a person slowly succumbing to paranoia as the person's friends act weird and creepy in rare places)

Corty

Spaghetti Monster
  • When the house party turns out, he just kidnaps his "friends" and keeps them locked up in this basement. While from his perspective, they are having the time of their life, spending the summer with him.
  • The friend he has in class is not even real.
  • His girlfriend/crush is not a tsundere; she is honestly creeped out by him.
  • His parents are not supportive. He lives alone as they are already dead; he just does not accept the fact.

I could go on, but those are the first ideas that came to mind. Subtle hints could be dropped in every chapter until there is a POV shift or a "nightmare" that the MC has, and in the end, it turns out that the "nightmares" were the reality all along.

melchi

What is a custom title?
You know those stories with long titles that end up as questions (like mine: wasn't my new life in another world supposed to be easy?)
I had this weird idea: what if there is a story with a long question title, but it's a horror? And the question becomes creepy as the story progresses (like: why are my childhood friends behaving weird? Grows from a romcom to a mystery thriller horror story about a person slowly succumbing to paranoia as the person's friends act weird and creepy in rare places)
Sounds like a trap! I'm getting elfen lied flashbacks.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Every once in a while one of my eyes falls out and goes rolling along until it bumps into someone and becomes their familiar, slowly driving the human insane until they harvest the soul of the one they bonded with and drag it back to me. That happens all the time. You could use that if you want. I think I might have some rambling diaries of the victims around somewhere if you need fap material.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Every once in a while one of my eyes falls out and goes rolling along until it bumps into someone and becomes their familiar, slowly driving the human insane until they harvest the soul of the one they bonded with and drag it back to me. That happens all the time. You could use that if you want. I think I might have some rambling diaries of the victims around somewhere if you need fap material.
Sigma male grindset rule #666666: invest for passive income

J_Chemist

As much as I dislike the genre, I think this is a cool idea. I'd probably read it, but then there's also the problem of being late to the party.

If you don't start reading when the author starts posting and making those edits along the way, you miss that detail. So if a reader stumbles upon the story later on, they miss out. Kinda sucks.

TheEldritchGod

Sigma male grindset rule #666666: invest for passive income
Yeah. I let my eyeballs do all the soul harvesting. I'm a lazy bastard.
Seriously, I do plan on doing a 'I was reincarnated as a eldritch horror and bound as a familiar' story some day.

Some poor bastard dies, winds up inside of one of my eyes, freaks the fuck out, (understandably) then flies off. Of course I try to catch him and eat him, but he finds the end of a summoning spell and winds up as some poor shlub of a wizard's familiar. I'm thinking Wogharts, because that'd be funny as shit. Then the poor isekai'd bastard has to desperately keep his wizard happy because if the wizard dies or dismisses him as a familiar, he gets sent back to his plane of origin and most likely devoured.

I do so love devouring.

Anyways, he gets to be a little one eyed ball of spite, all tentacles and shit, trying desperately to help his wizard survive in house Smythering. They are rivals with Liftyndor, the house of wizards who all work out and believe that you need to have lots of magic but also be SWOLE at the same time. So you got Harry Squatter, Hergrind-a-dee, and Ron Lifteasy, three of the most RIPPED wizards ever who enjoy beating the crap out of all the other houses because, they are fuckin' Liftyndor.

Someday...

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
“I love Emily. She hasn’t grown one bit in five years but our love making section is still as passionate as ever.”

“I love him but he chose death instead of love. Too bad. I am a necromancer.”

“My pets won’t eat anything not human so I became the farmer of the largest ranch.”

“My pet is a cute parasite. I love him. I wish other people love him too.”

“I used to have a harem. Now I have one. Me and my multi-bodies mate and our adventurous new life.”

“My baby ate his way out of his mother’s womb.”

Last edited:

rain-090

Hey, so I've been meaning to reach out to you recently. I've found one of your eyes a while back, and honestly I don't want to lose my soul, so could we maybe work out some deal here?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
“I love Emily. She hasn’t grown one bit in five years but our love making section is still as passionate as ever.”

“I love him but he chose death instead of love. Too bad. I am a necromancer.”

“My pets won’t eat anything not human so I became the farmer of the largest ranch.”

“My pet is a cute parasite. I love him. I wish other people love him too.”

“I used to have a harem. Now I have one. Me and my multi-bodies mate and our adventurous new life.”

“My baby ate his way out of his mother’s womb.”
:s_eek:

TheEldritchGod

Hey, so I've been meaning to reach out to you recently. I've found one of your eyes a while back, and honestly I don't want to lose my soul, so could we maybe work out some deal here?
Just don't make eye contact and punt it along. It'll find a soul somewhere. Just don't send it any where near Disneyland or Disney world... or Hollywood for that matter. It'll starve to death.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
It actually is Higurashi if you play the VN.