Weird Thought...

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I wonder if there is an audience for live streaming as you write a novel? I mean they get to watch and make comments as you write it in real time. Like twitch streaming fanfiction and crap.

LilRora

Mostly formless
I'm pretty sure Elamimax or PurpleCatGirl have been doing just that for a while, though I don't remember anything more specific. Live streaming as you write a novel is definitely a thing, but I have serious doubts about it's popularity. It's much better to just talk on discord or something.

Mephi

I wonder if there is an audience for live streaming as you write a novel? I mean they get to watch and make comments as you write it in real time. Like twitch streaming fanfiction and crap.
'l know that the author of The Wandering Inn has done it a few times as well, and it works out. And I know of one author that has discord live chat open as they write and takes feedback / ideas from their patreons in real time.

But I wouldn't say there's an audience, per say. Its your same fans, not a new set being pulled in. So, unless its something you want to engage with your fans in a new way...

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
That would probably be distracting to the author. And, honestly, would be boring to watch. Watching someone write some words, delete those words, and replace them wouldn't be very entertaining.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
A reading of a novel where the viewers can recommend ideas and discuss the plot as it happens in order to better the story would be interesting but not a writing stream. Kind of like live beta readers.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Wasn't planning on doing it, but was curious about everyone's opinion.

Thanks,
- TEG

HappyVainGlory

Only if you have a novel that's suited for it.

For example, my novel has stream chapters that are literally livestreams with chat and all. Something like that would be worth livestreaming since they could be part of the in-universe chat and if you're in-tune enough with the character, you could probably adapt on the fly.

If you don't, then you'd probably need to be entertaining and either talk about the mechanics or other things as you did it. But then you probably wouldn't get much writing done.

A good compromise would probably be brainstorming ideas for chapters. Maybe doing like a slideshow presentation or mockup and scribbling ideas down-

Hold on.

🤔

:noted: