Welcome thread for the newbies!

nemonusquam_

Greetings to all and Happy New Year!

I'm Nemo Nusquam, itinerant writer and daydreamer.

I've been writing for about sixteen years now--with varying degrees of commitment--but I've been creating stories since I have use of memory.

When writing in English I mainly stick to speculative fiction; Fantasy, Scifi and Horror. When writing in Spanish I tend to lean more toward Magical Realism and the "Literary" (which is more of a quality than a genre, I believe, but you catch my drift).

Looking forward to join the conversation. Best of luck this 2024!

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
Totally bypassed this originally. Whooops. Anywho.

I'm L8rose or just Rose.

I'm a hobby illustrator, writer and game developer (although most games I've made have been short ones for my kids). Most of my illustrations have been of my own characters or monsters for games I've worked on. And I've been writing since pretty much when I learned to write, my earliest work being a Sailor Moon fanfic and my current main one being a Dragon Age / Skyrim crossover (just haven't been in the right headspace to finish my editing to continue uploading it atm). I also like researching and often get so lost in looking things up for writing that I never get to the writing.

When it comes to reading, I tend to stick to the fantasy and sci-fi genres but I usually only look for female protagonist stories. Lately I've been on the hunt for Apocalypse or Post-Apocalypse but I've read a ridiculous amount of Transmigration and Reincarnation. Currently, I'm going through another read of a few Chinese stories of transmigration into the 1970s.

I don't really have a favorite book but I'd have to say the Dragonriders of Pern Trilogy and Harperhall Trilogy by Anne McCaffrey were probably the most influential overall. The six books introduced me to the idea of having fantasy but with a sci-fi explanation, yet not delving too deeply into the reasoning. Despite the flaws (and retcons), the books also showcased an interesting world and different take on dragons. Probably why I could never get into the other books in the series where she (or her son) tried so hard to explain everything. Favorite book aside, I tend to read anything when I have the time.

MidnightFox

While I know most of the users here are migrating from Novel Update Forums but I'm pretty sure along with the ones from the other forum there will be members that are completely new so that's the purpose of this thread! To welcome the newbies.

An example of the intro would probably be good so here's mine
I'm called Ophious but people here usually call me Ophi or Phiphi for short
Well since I'm here you can probably tell I have a deep interest in reading novels, games anime and manga are also things I like, basically I'm like an average person. I do like cooking a little and gardening is starting to become a boom in my family and I might join
Current favourite has got to be my sister the villainess by cupcake ninja, there will be r18 scenes later but it'll be indicated in the chapter title and isn't necessary to read for the plot! I like it since it's quote funny
Genres I prefer are fantasy, comedy and slice of life
Not really into deep dark stuff
Meh

BernKatstel

Miracle feline
Introduction.

Please call me Bern or I might bite your head off (it’ll hurt).

I am a pretty avid reader and currently trying my hand at writing for the first time. My hobbies range from hiking to playing the most obscure, messed up RPG games and visual novels I can manage to find. Please do give me suggestions so I can add more games to my list.

I only read stories that have some degree of fantasy or horror mixed in alongside relatively explicit themes (even if they aren’t done very well). I have also found myself sadly addicted to numbers and skills going up in my stories so LitRPG’s are at the top of my pending stories.

My favorite story at the moment is “Markets and Multiverses” because it’s relatively long, gritty and actually uses its intended premise well. The fact that it has a pretty solid upload schedule doesn’t harm it either.

EmeraldKitten

Introduction:

Hey all, name's EmeraldKitten (tho I might change to EmeraldMythra later). Can just call me Mythra.
Not so much a reader as I am a writer. I found this site when googling some questions about writing topics, and I have a lot of ideas in mind to write. Though at the same time I am not sure if my writing is top notch. Not something I really want critiqued though, as I need to remind myself I write mostly for myself and if I try too hard to be "perfect", I will burn out. I don't make money on my writing.

I do like to read some stories on here though, as I do get inspired and learn how to write better through reading. I write NSFW topics but may start writing SFW stories as well, maybe fanfiction?

Praybird

Didn't realize this was a thing until now. Hello everyone! I go by Praybird, Pray, Pb, whatever you'd like.

Despite having heavy writing phases throughout my life, I never really sat down to write a full story. I'd always write small bits of lore or setting, maybe a small scene then and there of this world I had in my head, and I'd never connect them or put them together for others to read. I didn't really trust myself to put in the necessary effort in writing an actual story.

But then I discovered a particular webnovel that broadened by horizons a ton. I finally started realizing that you didn't really have to sit down and write an entire book before anyone ever knew about it. Just last month, I finally managed to work out a coherent beginning, and...it's been super fun so far. It's weird knowing people are enjoying what I have to share through words.

Hopefully the experience will be just as fun on the reader's side. Maybe. Possibly. I dunno, you tell me, huh?

ArtBusterBeeze

Hello there Scribble people! I'm pretty new to this place Scribblehub. You can call me Beeze. I do both writing and I do Art. For me, I only recently got into writing a Novel. I used to do little drawings and tried to formulate a story, but now, I am trying to bring my stories to life. The Genre i'm most invvested in is Fantasy type of Novels involving magic. Iv'e always been into that kind of stuff. Recently, iv'e been leaning into some Dark fantasy stuff too, and even some Horror, but I can't say I wouldn't enjoy a story of any genre if it's done good. Some stories tend to suprise me. I also wrote a story of my own, involving reincarnation with some System and technological elements combined.

Feel free to check out my story Here!

Incoming

Hi, you can call me Khai. I migrated from a site called Commaful because it's shutting down (a shame indeed). I like writing and swimming, and horror or thriller short stories. I used to like the Fazbear Frights books because of their unique and creative antagonists but I'm not interested in them anymore because they have lost their charming quality writing -- at least that's what I think. I'm writing a series of short horror stories called "The Void", which may contain some of my old stories on Commaful that I will decide to rewrite. I'm not interested in anime and I dislike cliche stories. Looking forward to writing more stories soon!

I am writing about a super hero I made called energy source he gets way too op but still manages to have a good time
i love si-fi

HouseMasterPoDing

Hi there! My name is Jason. I go by the handle of House Master Po Ding. I write serialized fanfiction in the Battletech Universe. I'm also a published author in that universe, but there's never enough room to tell all the stories I want to, so my outlet is fanfiction. I've mostly posted it on my blog, but decided to start posting it here to get a better handle on my readership and hopefully to expand it.

I love tabletop wargaming, and games are my primary inspiration for the things that I write. I'll often paint miniatures up to match the stories that I tell. I hope that you'll give my stuff a read. Thanks again!