Welcome thread for the newbies!

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
Hey guys! Nice to meet you all! I'm looking forward to post my work here. So I just joined today & I was wondering:

1. Is the majority of the work on this site fanfiction? Do many fanfiction works become popular?

If not, then roughly what % would you say are fanfiction?

2. How long does it take before someone gives new work a review & how long does it take for new work to get any likes?
Unfortunately, I noticed some works with many views (eg. 189k views) & many users have it as a favourite (7626), with many readers (1076) but the work only received 5 reviews...
Hello! Not someone here for too long but I can give my observations while I'm here.
1. No, majority seems to be 'original' although they're mostly inspired by japanese isekai/novels but they're 'mostly' so don't worry if you have different story. If you're asking if they become popular, they can be. Although not a lot here are fan-fiction, you can occasionally see fan-fic stories on the trending page. If I have to give the percentage of fan-fiction, they would be around 20% in this site, though it's not reliable to ask me since it's just my observation.

2. If you're looking for review, goodluck. People don't usually leave reviews, which might be due to the website being young. Despite that, ratings are surprisingly easy to get here. I think that as long as your work is good, you would get on the trending page within a month or two.

Soraalt44

Hello! Not someone here for too long but I can give my observations while I'm here.
1. No, majority seems to be 'original' although they're mostly inspired by japanese isekai/novels but they're 'mostly' so don't worry if you have different story. If you're asking if they become popular, they can be. Although not a lot here are fan-fiction, you can occasionally see fan-fic stories on the trending page. If I have to give the percentage of fan-fiction, they would be around 20% in this site, though it's not reliable to ask me since it's just my observation.

2. If you're looking for review, goodluck. People don't usually leave reviews, which might be due to the website being young. Despite that, ratings are surprisingly easy to get here. I think that as long as your work is good, you would get on the trending page within a month or two.
I see, thanks for your input!

It's good to know that it's easy to receive ratings.

Regarding reviews, I'm actually not too bothered since I have other sites for that so I just wanted to know, u know, because the more reviews the better.
But what does the site being young have to do with people not reviewing stuff?
Also, when was this site established?

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Hey guys! Nice to meet you all! I'm looking forward to post my work here. So I just joined today & I was wondering:

1. Is the majority of the work on this site fanfiction? Do many fanfiction works become popular?
1). No. Most are originals. Some fanfictions live here, and some get a lot of popularity, but not all.
2. How long does it take before someone gives new work a review & how long does it take for new work to get any likes?
Unfortunately, I noticed some works with many views (eg. 189k views) & many users have it as a favourite (7626), with many readers (1076) but the work only received 5 reviews...
So, reviews are scarce. Most of the people here prefer to comment on chaps or give ratings instead of writing out a review. And gaining favorites, you will get at least 1 within the time of uploading 4 or so chapters. Most likely, you'll get more.

ZacharyAndreasValerian

Sup! Zachary A(ndreas) Valerian here!

Names/Nickname What You Want Us to Call You
You can call me Zach, or Zach Valerian

Hobbies/Interests
Gaming (Hey, I only got like, 3000 hours on Skyrim alone :P ) , reading, writing, watching anime, vibin' on the internet, hunting (bow), lumber harvesting (I'm built like bloody Paul Bunyan for a reason, it's in my blood! It was also my job once upon a time, until a couple close calls made me reconsider), gardening.

Genres I read
Mostly all standard fantasy stories, stuff like Lord of the Rings, Conan, D&D-ish novels, and of course your typical Isekai story set in a RPG-like, Medieval-ish-ish-ish world.

Tags You Look For
Isekai, Fantasy, LitRPG, Adventure

My favorite novel/read
Most of Pratchett's Discworld books because most of his characters, even his villains, jump right out of the pages, and the Discworld is so weirdly awesome! I re-read them so much I've destroyed most of the paperback editions I bought of the series, and bought them again.

Things I love
My family, my friends, my brown Golden-Doodle Mia, my town, my fire hazard of a PC and my shit-box of a car. These last two deserve some love for all the crap I put them through.

What I write
I'm working on an Isekai/Otherworld story set in a classic, Medieval-ish Fantasy RPG-like world called Nevariel. I've titled the project Chronicles of Nevariel : Records of the Black King's Wars. It's going to follow an old wargames and RPG nerd named Charles, who is Isekai'd into Nevariel and reborn in the body of a long sealed Dark Lord of Legend, Ahriman Anastasias, who has just been found and un-sealed by a very curious, and overly cute, half-elf Archeologist.

Now, Charles is effectively immortal, like he can get his head chopped off and it gets magicked back into place in short order, but the "dark-lord-ness" in his new body is long gone for the most part, so he's not particularly powerful otherwise, in fact, he can't use magic at all, and can't get healed with magic (his regen only kicks in for lethal damage), and people who find out he's supposed to be the reborn Dark Lord often don't believe it. Now, despite wanting nothing more than be left alone and explore this brave new world, he gets roped into the affairs of the kingdom he's in, and he ends up taking part in a rebellion against the reigning despot, helping topple him over, and for his trouble, gets placed upon the throne since apparently no one better was around. His problems continue on from there, like, most of the continent decides at one point or another that fighting the Black King of Arkaydia and his rag tag Legions is what is in vogue right now and want in on the action.

I guess this would be a Country/Kingdom/Empire building story. War and Adventure also apply. I'm trying to get my stuff together an start posting this here and at other places soon. Do let me know if this sounds interesting, and if you got any questions or comment on it, I'll be happy to address them.

That's about it I guess. Glad to be here!

D

Deleted member 45782

hi im new and a writter will soon post my work i hope i meet your expectations ;-]
Hi new writer. Don't worry about meeting our expectations or not since everyone is different. Can't wait to see what you write though. :D

Jet

Name/Nickname you want us to call you:
Jet is Jet.
Hobbies/interests:
Movies, occasional gaming, occasional reading, sports (weightlifting, crossfit, running, callisthenics).
Genres you read often/tags you often look for:
Vampires and gender bender.
Your favourite novel/read and WHY; please state why at least since we wanna know more about what type of reads you like and it might help people to find out if they can contribute to your reading list:
Uh, a full-fledged novel, right? Dead souls, Interview with the vampire, The lord of the rings. Ah, the glory of school days.
and even some of the stories you wrote on scribble hub:
The power of blood: Vampire
Then add anything you like
I saw SH being announced on NU. But didn't feel like registering without anything to upload yet.

Harlox

Name: Harlox

Hobbies/Interests: Drawing, watching anime, reading manga/manhwa and novels

Genres you read often:
Action, Fantasy, School, Shounen

Your favourite novel:
I haven't read anything on here yet. But my favourite would be Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

I'm currently writing my first ever novel which I'll be posting here. :blob_uwu:

Mechaphobic

Name/Nickname you want us to call you:
whatever is easiest.

Hobbies/interests:
I play a lot of shooting games. ROCK AND STONE!

Genres you read often/tags you often look for:
Fantasy, I love imagination more than reality, but I want it to make sense. I hate just using magic as an explanation for everything without trying to give it true form. I also have a deep love for psychology and engineering, adding science is always a plus for me.

Your favourite novel/read and WHY; please state why at least since we wanna know more about what type of reads you like and it might help people to find out if they can contribute to your reading list:
Robin Hobb's The assassin's series was incredibly well written as it covers the characters entire life. It felt more like a memoir than just a book and really brought the world to life. I would consider this a true novel opposed to a light novel.

No Game no life was probably my favorite light novel, as I felt it truly brought out the genius of humanity. They didn't use some fancy powers or super magic, it was just a really intelligent novel series.

and even some of the stories you wrote on scribble hub:
I am the only human in another world, Armut, the dollmaker

The smell of hand sanitizer.

Last edited:

KileX00

I'm a bit late with this, haven't found this thread when I joined first :/

Name/Nickname you want us to call you
Asura

Hobbies/interests
Programming, Digital Art (beginner level), Game Dev (beginner level), Writing fantasy novels (beginner level), Listening to music literally all day long (expert), Procrastinating (god level), Reading interesting novels, Learning new things and disciplines (currently neck-deep into high-level math ... help.), NSFW vanilla mangas on a recently banned site (the one with wings).

Genres you read often/tags you often look for

Fantasy, Martial Arts, Sci-Fi, Action, Romance, School Life, Isekai, Transmigration, Reincarnation, Mature, NSFW ...

Your favourite novel/read and WHY; please state why at least since we wanna know more about what type of reads you like and it might help people to find out if they can contribute to your reading list

- Soul Land franchise (read all of them and am currently reading raws of the 5th part. I'm addicted)
The reason would be that it seems somehow deep and well-written, like it awakens 'that' part of me which wants to explore more and more and more and more until you already notice the sun is rising and just ... welp.
Even tho it has some points that unnerve me (seven devils in all novels, constant suck-up to female leads etc), it's still an enjoyable read and what yeeted me onto the path of writing.

and even some of the stories you wrote on scribble hub.

Spirit Realm: The Devil's Path

Hot chilli sauce mixed with honey and cocos.

UndyingSLIME10295

Oh please don—nvm tell me your experience when you do.
Yeah, I didn't have the guts to do that. I lost my appetite just looking at the mixture. One drop, it made me have constipation. Rn, I'm replying from the bathroom..... (¬_¬)