Welcome thread for the newbies!

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
Hello, I go by... a very regretful user name. I wish I used something else now and looks like I'm going to have to wait till next month to change it.

But I just want to say Hi... literally. I just want to make my first post as a way to make my presence known. I'm still getting used to this site so I'd rather not fill out that whole thing from the first post.

Glad to be here, hope you can have me.

And I'm a guy. The avatar is a character from my story because I can't come up with anything else to put there. Her facial gesture is pretty much mine right now. :sweating_profusely:

UndyingSLIME10295

Hello, I go by... a very regretful user name. I wish I used something else now and looks like I'm going to have to wait till next month to change it.

But I just want to say Hi... literally. I just want to make my first post as a way to make my presence known. I'm still getting used to this site so I'd rather not fill out that whole thing from the first post.

Glad to be here, hope you can have me.

And I'm a guy. The avatar is a character from my story because I can't come up with anything else to put there. Her facial gesture is pretty much mine right now. :sweating_profusely:
I won't say anything else, because I'm new here as well but nice expression on your avi...

peelsdeeni

The Unoriginal Disappointment
I don't think I'm THAT new. But I am new to just Forums in general cause I was always too busy with school, and being a weeb. Anyways, nice to meet y'all
peelsdeeni-its just I need sleep, but backwards
I'm an Asian weeb that watches a crap ton of anime, reads both mangas and novels(regular, web or light) and I even write a little just for fun. But because I'm insecure(and I also have reddit) I made a diff account and posted it on that (I also like bl, smut or not, but I'm not a fujoshi, DO NOT confuse me with them, they are much, much scarier than me)
Some of my current favorite novels are probably Life Hunter(you can find it right on scribblehub) and After Marrying An Evil God(yes, its bl, no smut scenes tho, just fluff)
Genres I prefer are fantasy, adventure, comedy, action, and isekai (yes, I'm one of those{I also really like wholesome fluff mangas and novels})
but I'm an anti-harem gang (sorry, I just can't)
Not too much into the non-con incest type stuff tho(I clicked on what seemed like a promising novel from the summary, never once did it mention it was a non-con-smut-incest novel, and me being the idiot I am, I didn't check the tags or the genres for some reason. I still want to bleach my eyes to this day)
I'm also still in school too, lols(even if I'm on summer break, please don't, I HATE the Pacer Gram Fitness Test with my entire soul. and even if I'm good at math{yes, I know, haha, Asian} I still hate it cause it makes me think and I'm lazy)

Lunaressence

I don't think I'm THAT new. But I am new to just Forums in general cause I was always too busy with school, and being a weeb. Anyways, nice to meet y'all
peelsdeeni-its just I need sleep, but backwards
I'm an Asian weeb that watches a crap ton of anime, reads both mangas and novels(regular, web or light) and I even write a little just for fun. But because I'm insecure(and I also have reddit) I made a diff account and posted it on that (I also like bl, smut or not, but I'm not a fujoshi, DO NOT confuse me with them, they are much, much scarier than me)
Some of my current favorite novels are probably Life Hunter(you can find it right on scribblehub) and After Marrying An Evil God(yes, its bl, no smut scenes tho, just fluff)
Genres I prefer are fantasy, adventure, comedy, action, and isekai (yes, I'm one of those{I also really like wholesome fluff mangas and novels})
but I'm an anti-harem gang (sorry, I just can't)
Not too much into the non-con incest type stuff tho(I clicked on what seemed like a promising novel from the summary, never once did it mention it was a non-con-smut-incest novel, and me being the idiot I am, I didn't check the tags or the genres for some reason. I still want to bleach my eyes to this day)
I'm also still in school too, lols(even if I'm on summer break, please don't, I HATE the Pacer Gram Fitness Test with my entire soul. and even if I'm good at math{yes, I know, haha, Asian} I still hate it cause it makes me think and I'm lazy)
Which novel?.....for research purposes of course

D

Deleted member 58761

*incerts boredom* welcome to my life-that is all you need to know-wait also I love reading harry potter fan fic
I don't care..so you shouldn't either

Last edited by a moderator:

Derin_Edala

Hi, I'm Derin. I like to garden, play computer games, and write about magical teens making terrible life decisions. I'm importing my magical school fantasy adventure here, and will probably write about either aliens or lesbian dragons next, I haven't decided.

OllieFarthing

Hi, I'm Ollie. I like writing and drawing, but I'm a vet student irl so I don't have a lot of spare time. I like to read original stories with adventure and good humor. I also enjoy antihero stories, as long as they aren't too edgy/devoid of humor. My favorite novels include Treasure Island, as it is a huge inspiration to me and I thoroughly enjoy the refreshing romance-free classic. The betrayal! The old English! Love it so much. I'm also a huge fan of the Chaos Walking trilogy; obsessed with Mayor/President Prentiss. A good villain really makes a story pop. The writing style is also so unique and interesting and well executed. A Series of Unfortunate Events is another favorite of mine as I really enjoy the writing of it.
Just joined ScribbleHub and started to upload a Nanowrimo work from 2019. It's an unconventional antihero revenge story, dark but written in a more comedic Lemony Snicket-esque style. It's quite unusual and is under mature filter for graphic imagery, so I don't expect it to do well, but maybe it will find a few people!
I also draw a lot, and add illustrations in intermittently. Here's one from the 2nd chapter:

_happy_birthday__pajama_boy__by_alooffloof_delrf47-pre.jpg

AlexaLee

Hello! I'm fairly new here too!

Name/Nickname you want us to call you - Alexa will do!
Hobbies/interests - Psychology, mental health and writing (obviously)!
Genres you read often/tags you often look for
- Fantasy/sci-fi, YA or NA mostly! I'm fairly flexible and will read most things!
Your favourite novel/read and WHY; please state why at least since we wanna know more about what type of reads you like and it might help people to find out if they can contribute to your reading list
- oof this is a difficult question. I think I would day the His Dark Materials novels because it is such a fantastic AU that weaves in so many interesting things that I didn't expect. I first read it as a kid and when I reread it as an adult, I realised there was so much that I missed and I adore it!
and even some of the stories you wrote on scribble hub.
- For Irision was my first attempt into writing and Thick as Thieves is my second, more polished attempt!

I've just noticed that the person about me mentioned Series of Unfortunate Event which is another one of my favourite books! I loved it when I was younger! It's so so good! The writing style was so different to anything I'd ever read before and it continues to blow me away! I actually got a tattoo of the VFD symbol on my ankle a little while back. I adore the idea of the VFD and their work!

chat_bot

Hello there. Name's what written.

I forgot that I made an account here a year ago, and stumbled upon this site back when I'm looking for where to mirror.' Im more of an artist, a mediocre one though. I write a novel solely to avoid the hardships of making comic, I have no knowledge nor basics of it.

I haven't ventured much here, so I don't know what to read. I like to read fantasy —although not the usual Isekai or litRPG genre, supernatural, and maybe drama. I also like to read non-fiction. It's actually have been long since the last time I properly read fiction (until finished). I write supernatural/mystery/fantasy myself.

D

Deleted member 45782

For all newbies, please visit @WelcomeToSH. for starting tips and frequently asked questions such as when can you see your story that you just published, or when and how to change custom titles and your ScribbleHub name and the like. Thanks!\

Also in progress:

Last edited by a moderator:

llcoolnate

I'm real new and I'm always looking for new reads. I just published my own novella on Amazon (The Devil She Drew), and now that my time isn't taken up by that as much, I'm looking for new stuff to read. Horror is my fav but I'm good with any good story! Just googled book suggestions and the like, and this website popped up! I dont even know what it is!

Aza.Iva

Hey, guys, I'm new here. Just posted my new light novel. Following is an introduction to me & what I write ;) Hope to get to know you all!

To introduce myself, I'm a fan of dark humor & sarcasm, especially towards the ones I like, to the point they start questioning my sympathy. I love to write light novels (or Ranobe) by mixing gothic drama with criminals, might sometimes add a pinch of 'detective genre' and serve it with a lot of 'psychological horror' on the side. I'm using the pseudonym Aza.Iva what makes my initials 'AI' those are, similar to my real name's and accidentally similar to the short form 'artificial intelligence.'

I've first decided to publish the short story "The Attachments" and deliver a new chapter weekly. In total, it should make four chapters unless I choose to add one more for extensive detailing if it comes as a necessity to me.

I hope you'd enjoy reading it and always open to constructive criticism or praise. Now, I'll say something I've always wanted to say: "Please check out my new light novel! Now available on shelves of the virtual bookstore. Hope, you'll enjoy the read!"

P.S.: Can anyone give me tips on how to promote yourself over here?

Slaynoir

Name/Nickname you want us to call you: Slayer, Ark, Ally, Noi-Noi
Hobbies/interests: Art, writing, thinking, helping others, joking around, memes, anime, manga, any genres out there I have yet to write
Genres you read often/tags you often look for: Whatever strikes my interest
Your favourite novel/read and WHY: I read mainly manga funny enough but I will read/write as well, though I've nothing to say for actual books lol. But here are Manga that I've either read, reading or want to read.

-Bakemonogatari
-Blue Phobia
-Speed Grapher
-Dawn: Tstumetai Te
-Dead Life
-Human Body Cultivation
-Jagaaaaaaan
-The King of Death at the Dark Palace
-Sweet Home
-Angelic Syndrome
-I'm A Monster
-Never Dead
-Aflame Inferno
-Devil and Song
-Arifureta: From Common Place to World's Strongest
-Blue Excorcist
-Creature!
-Crimezone
-Eschaton Game
-Guardian Dog
-Himensopia
-Infectee
-KoLD8: King of the Living Dead
-Kurozakuro
-Lamento: Beyond the Void
-Monster #8
-Righteous Evil
-Seraph of the End
-Sword Gai
-The Devil's Boy
-The Witch and the Bull
-unOrdinary
-The Devil Ring
-Variante
-11 Eyes
-Absorb;Ability
-Amalgam of Distortion
-Ayakashi
-Eikou no Te
-Iron Knight
-Klan
-Nyan Koi!
-Okitenemuru
-Pygmalion
-Zombie Brother
-The Crimson Wolf and the Trapped Sheep
-(and many more)

Then add anything you like

-I don't mind questions so just ask! :D I'd love to tell you if you'd like me to.

-I am writing a original series called Legacy of Zellenna. It has a sister series called The Collective Archives.

-I like drawing/art in general so if you'd like a concept character/etc. hook me up, all I ask for is a review and follow if you do

-I don't bite and am very prompt to anything you may need to ask etc. want to talk about

-I love suggestions for different FanFic Fandoms (Anime/Manga mainly) I've yet to write about.

-I enjoy humor so don't feel shy about my boisterous sarcasm and silliness, but I can be serious!!

If there's anything more, you know where to find me on the site!!

AggravatingLab

Hello~
You can call me Lab for short. I came here from Nuf, because I was bored. :))
Glad to meet ya! :blob_salute::blob_salute:

blanksphere

It's a bit late from me.

names/nickname: blank? or just blanksphere? If you have better ones, do tell
Hobbies/interests: too many too count, but too little to notice.
genres: prefer fantasy with magic, and prefer a level headed smart MC's; recently nothing because I'm too busy;
fav novel: not saying and I'm not adding anything to my reading list atm;
I'm currently writing one for the contest.
I feel like I'm working unpaid overtime every day. :blob_neutral:

Last edited:

OHAYO

Ohayo, OHAYO-desu! Pretty confusing, right?—Ohayo, Ohayo. I made this a SH account for a while, but have done nothing with it. I'm here because it's time for me to write a novel!

This link isn't suspicious, so click here for free cookies. There are enough cookies for everyone. Come on~

Name/Nickname: Ohayo, Hayo. As long as it resembles the username, anything will do.
Hobbies/interests: Reading manga and novel, playing video games, almost 24/7 on Spotify, finding more smug anime girl pfp.
Favorite Genres: Fantasy

Chestnutriceeee

Heya~! I am chestnutriceeee, short for chestnutriceandkamehameha! (Yes, I don't know how it is short either :/) I just joined SH to post my story and read some while I am at it!

Name/Nickname: Anything related to chestnuts does
Hobbies/Interests: Reading Novels and playing Genshin Impact.
Genres/Tags: Fantasy for the genre and cunning/manipulative MCs for tags
Favorite Reads: Regressor Instruction Manual and Issac. simply because of the main characters.

I am hoping to get better at writing and learn from everyone here! Thank you very much!

TJ_Eyeckleburg

Hello everyone! My username is just a funny name my friends gave me because I lurk a lot. You can call me TJ if you like!

I've been a bit busy lately, but I have been trying to get back into reading and light novels are kind of like junk food in that regard. I prefer sci fi and fantasy, and sometimes I write too. Not well though :)

AriaJane

Hello All! I joined here a few days ago and have spent the entire time procrastinating doing literally anything, but I finally found the introduction thread!
Name/Nickname you want us to call you - You can call me Aria, Jane, or AJ. AJ is cool :D
Hobbies/interests- I love video games, reading, writing, and drawing very badly.
Genres you read often/tags you often look for -
I love fantasy and romance most of all. I'm not very good with sad themes, so as long as it's not sad I will give most things a try.
Your favourite novel/read and WHY -
I love the Dragon Age books since it's my favourite game series. I also like the Immortals After Dark series. Fantasy and paranormal romance almost always land well with me.
and even some of the stories you wrote on scribble hub -
I'm working on something I want to post here. It's a romance slice of life type story that will follow my heroine and her love interest from childhood to adulthood and show how the dynamics of their relationship changes over time. I know this genre isn't too popular here, but it's what I want to write. I'll start posting next week.
Then add anything you like

I'm pretty talkative and I like to be active in writing communities where I can. This place seems good (my lurking was in no small part to see how the community is) so if you want to chat or recommend stories to me, please do!