Welcome thread for the newbies!

hOI! You can call me Sylvi, or Tempest, or Sylvi Tempest, though none of those are my legal name (yet).
My interests include video games, cats, and of course writing.
I don't really comprehend genres lmao so instead I just look around at random and pick up anything that catches my eye. I did read a lot of transgender fic a while back, but then I got distracted and stopped.
Currently I've got one (1) story on this webbed site, that I just started posting a few days ago.

And I'm not gonna say my exact age but suffice to say I'm older than your average Wattpad user. *insert exaggerated old-person joke*

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
Morning, I'm Raven, interests are writing, baking, crafting. Got lots on the go. Genres are fantasy and romance (mainly). No stories here yet, will do soon, when I stop dicking about with it and actually decide it's ready...
Age...hahahaha...'too old for this shit'. Or, 20yo stuck in mamma's body. Stuff still works though. Mostly.

JenLeifire

Heya, I am new too, joined a few days ago. My name is Jen and well my age is 28+, thats all you need to know =P I love writing, gaming, reading, ya thats about it I guess :o
I really got into BL novels last year and so I started writing my own (or actually modified my existing novel into bl) lol I love Mo du for example if anyone knows it. If not I just can recommend it *-*
I have uploaded so far 2 Chapters of my novel Escaping the Abyss

IWantToBeAGoodAuthor

While I know most of the users here are migrating from Novel Update Forums but I'm pretty sure along with the ones from the other forum there will be members that are completely new so that's the purpose of this thread! To welcome the newbies.

An example of the intro would probably be good so here's mine
I'm called Ophious but people here usually call me Ophi or Phiphi for short
Well since I'm here you can probably tell I have a deep interest in reading novels, games anime and manga are also things I like, basically I'm like an average person. I do like cooking a little and gardening is starting to become a boom in my family and I might join
Current favourite has got to be my sister the villainess by cupcake ninja, there will be r18 scenes later but it'll be indicated in the chapter title and isn't necessary to read for the plot! I like it since it's quote funny
Genres I prefer are fantasy, comedy and slice of life
Not really into deep dark stuff
Uhhhhh Yo the name's IWantToBeAGoodAuthor or just Author if ya want.

I'm here with the same reason, but I mostly like LN and WN because I can imagine the scenes more clearly.

I know how to cook edible food, just good enough that I can survive. I can sing aswell but not too great, if my singing had a level it would be level 34 out of 100.

I like misunderstanding novels like Losing Money To Become A Tycoon because I like how the mcs get into situations where they don't know crap.

I like a lot of genres that I don't think I can list them all

Annndd yeah that's it

DripDripDrop

Hello I'm DripDripDrop! Drip or Drop is fine. I usually go for romance and comedy or slice of life. I like anime and reading manga and webtoons. sometimes, if i have an idea, i write songs. I have one story posted here, the title is Frangible.

AskRyuzaki

Hmm... Ryu is fine.
-I like reading, of course, like everyone else here. Unless you don't. Also gaming, but I'm poor so I can't find that many to get addicted to. (I will become your catgirl for a day if you give me a 50$ steam gift card. Meow.)
-Romance Yuri and Fantasy. I know I'm kind of generic.
-Favorite novel? Eh... I'm indecisive. Whatevers good is good.

Now that I think about it, my typing style on forums is insanely different from that of texting. I don't know, it feels like instinct to type formally here.

Florestes

A shard of time embraced by darkness.
Username is fine. I've not really used forums much, ever, so I'm not expecting to be active.

Nature, occasionally fishing, baking, peace and quiet, cycles of gaming/TV/anime/novels/manga.

Isekai, sci-fi, horror, adventure, a bit of romance. Non brain dead characters are preferred, "I'm a puppet for higher powers" MC's are something I try to put in the trash bin.

From the active ones in my reading list:
Isekai’d Shoggoth and Tree of Aeons (an Isekai Story)
Both have Gods/Demons involved in an acceptable manner, i.e. mostly hands off episodic mentions. At this time of my life I find novels with overpowered, overconfident, overinvested deities as a immediate "I do not read" especially if the protagonist is some normal person that constantly wins against them. I can suspend my disbelief only that much.
I like slow build-up and hate it when the MC goes from a salary man in ch 1 to a god slaying hero king in ch 5. Give me a gap of 200 ch at least to make it somewhat interesting.
Slice of life is nice too.

I'm somehow writing my own little thing for no apparent reason other than excess of free time and just because. Those are the same reason for this post too!

MareoKen

Hey, I'm Mareo, and I enjoy reading manga, watching anime, and writing! Genres I look for are generally action, mystery, thriller or sometimes comedy. Currently focusing on my only story : Spirit Exorcists A supernatural action story.

Soren-Draggon

Greetings, I'm Soren-Draggon. You can call me Soren, Draggon, Gon, or Trinket. I have an ancestor who misspelled their surname on consensuses' as Scribben/s. Apparently some of my ancestors were some sort of scribe, what kind I have no idea as it has been lost to history.

Anyone else have a cat try and sleep on their keyboard while they're trying to type and they have to ctrl+z an entire page of kitberish?

Rambles

While I know most of the users here are migrating from Novel Update Forums but I'm pretty sure along with the ones from the other forum there will be members that are completely new so that's the purpose of this thread! To welcome the newbies.

An example of the intro would probably be good so here's mine
I'm called Ophious but people here usually call me Ophi or Phiphi for short
Well since I'm here you can probably tell I have a deep interest in reading novels, games anime and manga are also things I like, basically I'm like an average person. I do like cooking a little and gardening is starting to become a boom in my family and I might join
Current favourite has got to be my sister the villainess by cupcake ninja, there will be r18 scenes later but it'll be indicated in the chapter title and isn't necessary to read for the plot! I like it since it's quote funny
Genres I prefer are fantasy, comedy and slice of life
Not really into deep dark stuff
Taking notes rn

iampsyx

Sup~ Psyx the lurker here. I'm a huge BL fan and forum mafia enthusiast! My stories have been in the storyboard phase for years now so my writing's pretty rusty. :blobrofl:

DamienHanson

Call me Damien. I just came here after hearing about it from some friends. I honestly never heard of it before then. Been a Royal Road junkie for a while and I expect I'm very much going to love it here.
I like to read, write, play games, go hiking. Pretty usual boring stuff. Huge fan of Dnd - isn't everybody though?
My favorite genres are scifi, sword and sorcery, GameLit, and post-apocalypse.
My favorite novel to date is Dungeon Crawler Carl. Dark Humor, Post-Apocalypse, Sci-Fi, Sword and Sorcery, GameLit all rolled into a masterfully adept narrative style.

I guess that's all right now. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Also putting up my ongoing serial from Royal Road - A Rising Star so people seem to like it lol. I'll try to catch it up to the RR when I can but honestly I'm mostly here to read new authors and stories so I might not do it so quickly. Guess it depends on demand lol.

Glad to meet you all! Look forward to future chats and conversations!

Fluffytum

Hello, I'm Fluffytum. Call me Flu. Hobby is sleeping, reading and pretending to be a cat or goat sometimes...
I have an unhealthy obsession with gender bender, slice of life and smut.
My favorite novel is Even If I’m Reborn as a Cute Dragon Girl, I Will Still Make a Harem because it's fun to read, braindead, don't need you to be a genius to understand it and yes I'm dum lol:blobtaco:

Nice to meet you all, hoping for a fun time in this community.:blob_gift:

rainbowsoursoda

Soda here and I am new to ScribbleHub. Got introduced from NovelUpdates. I used to write BL on other platforms but I stopped due to life and being a Mom. Now I am back, looking for a safe platform to post new ideas. So do check out my works if you can. I am also opening to reading any interest BL. So nice to meet you guys! :love:

A little eccentric Soda~

kalonphaos

Hi I'm Phaos. I like to read, learn and construct my own languages, thrift shopping, going to bookstores, meeting cute girls, and writing.

I like to read a lot of non-fiction works particularly ones concerning spirituality and philosophy. For fiction I really like queer stuff (namely yuri/GL) as well as speculative fiction. I'm trying to write a fantasy novel, so I've also been dipping my toes into that. Since I'm trans I like to look at the trans tags as well as gender-bender. In many ways in real life being on HRT I'm already bending my gender lol.

My favorite fiction book would probably be Master and Margarita. It's a wonderful satire on the Stalinist USSR and does an excellent job of using its supernatural elements to poke fun at the regime at the time as well as affirming the responsibility towards truth. For non-fiction there's a lot of books I like, but one of my favorites would be Moses: A Human Life. Wonderful work of exegesis which blends everything from linguistics to psychoanalysis to paint an enlightening portrayal of Moses and who he was in scripture.

Nice to meet you all!

TheWebVagrant

Hallo There! I'm TheWebVagrant, y'all can call me Webby if you like!

I'm a writer mostly, spending hours reading what I can and gushing with folks I know about the best stories I've stumbled upon.

I read a lot of gamelit/litrpg mostly, though I do branch out into hard fantasy when the craving strikes.

I have a lot of favorite stories, but if I had to pick one my absolute favorite book is Darth Bane's Path of Destruction by Drew Karpyshyn. I love stories with moral quandary and protagonists that either struggle with their morals or go whole hog into the land of villainy. It's a fun step away from more tried and true heroic storytelling and there's a certain catharsis to it.

As for stories I'm working on, I'm the author of The Mother of Monsters. I started writing it a few months back on RoyalRoad though I've since decided to move on and get to know new communities and all you amazing readers.

It's awesome to meet you all! I cant wait to learn about your stories and try to get involved in the community here <3

Thekherham

Hi, my name is Thekherham (pronunciation in the signature). I joined some time ago but a couple of days ago
I ventured to post the first chapter of my novel Act Naturally, about a director who is going to shoot a movie in northern
Ontario where aliens live. (Yeah, I know, there's a lot more to this, but I'm not going to give everything away.)
Anyway, I hope to post a chapter a day.

WeebTrashMachine

Hi, just joined and posted all my stuffs. If you like lewd lolis and sci fi/fantasy worldbuilding, then check it out =).

Candescence

G'Day folks, I'm Candescence, I just posted the first three chapters of my adult novel "Henshin Sisters", which first I drafted as a completed NaNoWriMo novel before I was advised by folks who read it to rework it into something smaller in scope. It's a hybrid sci-fi/fantasy story with three main protagonists, there's quite a bit of action and worldbuilding, but also a bit of lewdness in there as well.

My previous experience in writing has mainly been in fanfic material, I am a huge crossover nut, my most complete (albeit currently dead) fanfic story is Fate/Digital Hazard on FF.net, it's something I'd like to perhaps complete someday, or outright rework.

Writing isn't the only thing I do, though, I'm also an amateur game designer by trade, though I've had a lot of bad luck getting any kind of project off the ground over the years.

Most of my recent novel reading has been in Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere and also the original Artemis Fowl series. Reading/listening is probably something I should be doing more often, frankly.

But yeah, looking forward to being involved in this community, even if I'm not the type to post a ton.