Welcome thread for the newbies!

PrincEcnirP

While I know most of the users here are migrating from Novel Update Forums but I'm pretty sure along with the ones from the other forum there will be members that are completely new so that's the purpose of this thread! To welcome the newbies.

An example of the intro would probably be good so here's mine
I'm called Ophious but people here usually call me Ophi or Phiphi for short
Well since I'm here you can probably tell I have a deep interest in reading novels, games anime and manga are also things I like, basically I'm like an average person. I do like cooking a little and gardening is starting to become a boom in my family and I might join
Current favourite has got to be my sister the villainess by cupcake ninja, there will be r18 scenes later but it'll be indicated in the chapter title and isn't necessary to read for the plot! I like it since it's quote funny
Genres I prefer are fantasy, comedy and slice of life
Not really into deep dark stuff

Hello bro Ophi, hehe.
People can call me Prince, but reverse that we'll get Ecnirp, going on,
My hobby is cycling, yes , feeling the air ,etc. And I used to draw everyday, yes, I atleast used to. I'm very interested on angels, I also get to see them in visions ..?. So I love to draw them. And I like to read!
Favoritism is sin, ok no kj but, really, sorry, but what I like? I like novels that will leave you a good thing or two, inspiring ones, especially about healing and adventures or isekai. I dont feel that, yes, dark stories are not for me. I thought bl or gl are okay but it later show itself to me, sonits a no no. But all in all, I like what is inspired--- its a good thing that there are novels that are inspired. Because every good thing and every perfect gift comes from Our Heavenly Father... Evangelism? Yes but I honestly respect your opinions but anyway I just came here, so please take care of me, thank you and God bless us all!

PrincEcnirP

Uh
It would be nice to see what everyone comes up with
mm. Names? Writers adventurers guild! " Ha-har!" lol. Hmm, scribble nation? Scribble clan! Art museum! Wut? Art formation! .. *prcessing peniffier, ok.. Art mark! Writers mark. International books and forums. And yes, we might just be called scribblers, or scribs fam, lol. Ok I rest my case

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Hi, hello and greetings! I don't know how I got here but I'll stick around to see what's up. I'm a novice martial artist whose by no means any good but if you want some basic insights feel free to ask. I'm also an artist when I'm not lazy.
My favorite genres are action and comedy. I read mostly manga so it's taking some getting use to all the chinese stuff on this site.
The only game I'm playing at the moment is Sekiro and it's the only game I've ever played where beating a boss makes me want to fight it again.
welcome to the forum and have fun

Serzy

Hey guys. So I'm not really new to the site, but I've recently finished reading basically everything I have ever felt like reading, and then noticed I can actually interact with other people through forums, so here I am.
First, I am eternally regretful that I still use the username I let my friends make for me a while ago, so feel free to call me Tyler instead. I can't come up with names for the life of me, so my actual name is as good as any.
For my hobbies, I used to play games a lot, but now only from time to time. Also, if it's not clear from me being here, I like to read online novels a lot. I'm trying to learn Korean in my spare time, mostly because I've found Korean novels to be the best ones out there. Maybe I'll try to become a translator if I ever get good enough, I'm not sure. Right now, I'm trying to start writing.
The genres I like are the standard Fantasy/Sci-Fi, Action, and Adventure. Basically anything not on Earth or Earth but with fantasy elements.
I went through all my reading lists to remember which novel is my favorite, and have decided that there are way too many that I'd need a list. For the sake of stating one novel though, I have to go with FFF-Class Trashero. I absolutely love the comedy and how cynical it is, trashing on the cliches and tropes that have dominated the Isekai genre and novels that follow the Hero/Demon King plot template. The main character's strong sense of self and determination mixed with his lacking moral values also made for a very good read in my opinion.
Just as an end note, I'd like to state that I currently don't have any written works yet, and am currently working on an entry for the Short Story Competition. When I finish that, I plan to start uploading a novel. I still have to work out what I want it to be about, though.

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Hey guys. So I'm not really new to the site, but I've recently finished reading basically everything I have ever felt like reading, and then noticed I can actually interact with other people through forums, so here I am.
First, I am eternally regretful that I still use the username I let my friends make for me a while ago, so feel free to call me Tyler instead. I can't come up with names for the life of me, so my actual name is as good as any.
For my hobbies, I used to play games a lot, but now only from time to time. Also, if it's not clear from me being here, I like to read online novels a lot. I'm trying to learn Korean in my spare time, mostly because I've found Korean novels to be the best ones out there. Maybe I'll try to become a translator if I ever get good enough, I'm not sure. Right now, I'm trying to start writing.
The genres I like are the standard Fantasy/Sci-Fi, Action, and Adventure. Basically anything not on Earth or Earth but with fantasy elements.
I went through all my reading lists to remember which novel is my favorite, and have decided that there are way too many that I'd need a list. For the sake of stating one novel though, I have to go with FFF-Class Trashero. I absolutely love the comedy and how cynical it is, trashing on the cliches and tropes that have dominated the Isekai genre and novels that follow the Hero/Demon King plot template. The main character's strong sense of self and determination mixed with his lacking moral values also made for a very good read in my opinion.
Just as an end note, I'd like to state that I currently don't have any written works yet, and am currently working on an entry for the Short Story Competition. When I finish that, I plan to start uploading a novel. I still have to work out what I want it to be about, though.
welcome to the forum

Kitty

Hello all. As with most people, I came here from NUF.

Name: Kitty
Hobbies: Reading (duh), Skiing, Logic Puzzles, Piano, Watercolor, Amusing myself
Interests: Art History, Investing, Business, Fashion, Traveling, Ethics
Genres/tags: Fantasy, Comedy, Science Fiction, Romance, Gender Bender, Mystery, Satire
Favorite Novels/Plays:
  • Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
  • Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher
  • Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks
  • Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson
  • The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
  • Ship of Destiny by Robin Hobb
  • The Prestige by Christopher Priest
  • The Color Purple by Alice Walker
  • The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
  • 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
  • Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
  • King Lear by Shakespeare (though Merchant of Venice is a close second in terms of favorite Shakespeare play)
  • Sherlock Holmes stuff by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
On Novel Updates I love:
  • My Dad is the Galaxy's Prince Charming
  • Reborn as my Love Rival's Wife
  • A Game to Make Him Fall
  • About the Reckless Girl Who Kept Challenging a Reborn Man Like Me

Last edited:

Eukro

Hi I guess I qualify as a Newber. I am Eukro, you can find me all over the internet playing MMORPGs and I DJ as well as host for a club in Second Life. I love to read and by chance found Novel Update one day and have been lurking there constantly.

My favorite stories are pretty much anything that starts with Truck-sama. If it's a romantic adventure even better. I clicked on https://www.scribblehub.com/series/22418/the-villainous-daughter-of-the-duke-needs-a-hero/ by chance one day while looking for something to read and fell in love with the story. Since then I have been randomly looking for other transmigration and truck-sama stories. So if you wrote or know of a good one, link me please!!!

SleepingFox

Hi I guess I qualify as a Newber. I am Eukro, you can find me all over the internet playing MMORPGs and I DJ as well as host for a club in Second Life. I love to read and by chance found Novel Update one day and have been lurking there constantly.

My favorite stories are pretty much anything that starts with Truck-sama. If it's a romantic adventure even better. I clicked on https://www.scribblehub.com/series/22418/the-villainous-daughter-of-the-duke-needs-a-hero/ by chance one day while looking for something to read and fell in love with the story. Since then I have been randomly looking for other transmigration and truck-sama stories. So if you wrote or know of a good one, link me please!!!

*cough...*
Somewhat shameless self promotion here... but, since your asking, I think my story is a decent.

It's not reincarnation, though... it's transmigration, so no rebirth or truck-sama.

Last edited:

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Hello all. As with most people, I came here from NUF.

Name: Kitty
Hobbies: Reading (duh), Skiing, Logic Puzzles
Interests: Art History, Investing, Fashion, Traveling
Genres/tags: Fantasy, Comedy, Science Fiction, Romance, Gender Bender, Mystery, Satire
Favorite Novels/Plays:
  • Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
  • Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher
  • Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks
  • Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson
  • The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
  • Ship of Destiny by Robin Hobb
  • The Prestige by Christopher Priest
  • The Color Purple by Alice Walker
  • The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
  • 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
  • Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
  • King Lear by Shakespeare (though Merchant of Venice is a close second in terms of favorite Shakespeare play)
  • Sherlock Holmes stuff by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
On Novel Updates I love:
  • My Dad is the Galaxy's Prince Charming
  • Reborn as my Love Rival's Wife
  • A Game to Make Him Fall
  • About the Reckless Girl Who Kept Challenging a Reborn Man Like Me

Welcome to the forum and have fun here

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
I don’t remember if I did introduce myself here.
🤔

S-Scherr

Hello Everyone,

You can just call me Scott. I've been writing for a while and been at this serial novel gig since 2014. I found this place through Novel Updates a week ago and I like it. This site is real easy to use.

I enjoy reading lots of different genre stories, and I'm all about the characters. I'm currently writing a dark apocalyptic tale, but that doesn't mean my next one will be the same.

In the real world, I work in the security field (12 hour rotating shifts). I've also served in the Navy for five years prior to that.

It's nice to meet you all and I'm looking forward to reading some stories along the way.

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Newbie here.
My name here is Lazy_B3nch
Hobbies are writing(which I just got back into)Fishing, and Bowling
I'm currently writing a story on here to help refine myself:
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/26936/hana/

Nice to meet you all
Hello Everyone,

You can just call me Scott. I've been writing for a while and been at this serial novel gig since 2014. I found this place through Novel Updates a week ago and I like it. This site is real easy to use.

I enjoy reading lots of different genre stories, and I'm all about the characters. I'm currently writing a dark apocalyptic tale, but that doesn't mean my next one will be the same.

In the real world, I work in the security field (12 hour rotating shifts). I've also served in the Navy for five years prior to that.

It's nice to meet you all and I'm looking forward to reading some stories along the way.
Welcome to the forum and have fun

nani

Came from Novel Updates.

Name: nani
Hobbies: Reading, Watching (Animes, Movies, Series, You*creeps you out*), Sleeping, Shutting In
Interests: Depends on my mood
Genres/tags: Satire, Comedy, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Romance

Favorites on Novel Updates:
Favorites on Scribble Hub:

Last edited:

mr.heavy-writer

Tony's Friend
Came from Novel Updates.

Name: FantasiaRaid [ But I asked @Tony to change my username to nani - still waiting ]
Hobbies:
Reading, Watching (Animes, Movies, Series, You*creeps you out*), Sleeping, Shutting In
Interests: Depends on my mood
Genres/tags: Satire, Comedy, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Romance

Favorites on Novel Updates:
Favorites on Scribble Hub:
nani ?