Welcome thread for the newbies!

clover2218

Ok, thanks... :s_smile:

BTW, are there any requirements to moving your story here from another site???

Friend

... well am I? or not?
Hello, Clover. I also found myself arriving here from Royal Road; perhaps will port over the remainder of my stories there to here. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Yes there is a more or less 'designated' self intro topic. But what I did was write my own [very lengthy] self intro post then got a recommendation to post in the other existing thread. I copied the link to my own post instead of copying the words; I think it works. You may still keep this thread for more 'vigorous' introductory topics, so no bad...

clover2218

I Don't Bite...

That's all I need to say about me. That is how I present myself in discord too. though most people just wing it and call me 'bite'. That's so wrong though, I mean look at me, do I look like I bite???:blob_teary:

Well, although that's all I need to say, I'll say a bit more. I write. I'm still a new writer so I won't specify a genre as I want to give most of them a try, but I'm mostly geared towards fantasy I guess. As of now, I've written a fantasy novel for NaNoWriMo. That's my only completed work also the only work I uploaded online. It's on Royalroad and I'll extend the book from there to here in a couple of days after I sort a few things out.

I like triple punctuations btw(and I don't mean only the ellipsis but ,,, ??? ... !!!, all of them), so don't mind it too much... :blob_aww:

(link to that other place I kinda introduced myself... https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/where-where.1372/#post-25706)...

clover2218

I just uploaded my story. You're welcome to check it out. It's a high fantasy story with swords and magic. Here's the link...

Also, it's my first book, so the writing might not be stellar. Please give your honest feedback as I'm still looking to improve the story...

Elim

Copied from Novelupdatesforums + a little more info

>Hi Elim here!

I'm an avid reader of Japanese/Chinese light novels and webnovels. I also enjoy Korean ones too! I just wish there was more translated of them. I really enjoy reading visual novels too and watching anime.

I often read the junk that everybody loves but I do appreciate it when there is depth to that junk. In terms of genres I'm fine with pretty much everything but I often look for the harem/romance tag within that story. Usually harem> romance. I love romantic stories and its better when you don't know who is going to win at the end. However, every time the treatment I get is either the following:

A thickheaded mc;

An ending where nobody gets chosen;

Plot-central or first main heroine wins.

Why does this always have to happen >_> I'm not really a fan of polygamy either, unless it is done well or not everyone is chosen.

Right now I'm writing my own original novel titled The Odyssey of Dalis and releasing chapters on a daily basis for now. I hope from all the stories I've experienced I can create something that people will enjoy.

My favourite Anime: Steins;Gate Absolutely mind blowing and engaging.

Favourite Visual Novel: White Album 2. I love romance, and this realistic but dramatised love triangle takes the cake!

Favourite Chinese novel? Must say ATG. Even if it may be very generic and filled with tropes. There is a damn reason why its popular. We love this junk and ATG's author is skilled in keeping us on the edge of our seats in spite of its flaws. Yun Che is a badass!

Favourite Japanese novel? Overlord hands down. All hail Ainz-sama.

Webnovel I'm enjoying on Scribblehub? My Sister the Villainess.

Polpota

I’m Polpota. Please don’t forget the a at the end because that’s an entirely different person and I don’t want to get banned.

I’ve been writing for years and have only ever competed or made money in erotica which I picked up writing a few years ago but like many of you I’ve got hundreds of half completed manuscripts scattered around. I got bored of reading books in the library when I discovered that there were fan translated novels online and have been considering writing one for about a year.

That’s actually what brought me here, I logged in to find a new novel to read on NU and saw the contest post here. I don’t have an interest in winning but I like the motivation a contest brings. Maybe I’ll switch my side gig from erotica to this, who knows.

Anyways, thanks for having a place for me to dip my toe in and it’s been a pleasure reading the forums so far.

Last edited:

Etsga

So I'm Etsga. Not much to know of me, I'm just a passerby. I created this account more than half a year ago as a means to test and improve my writing skills, but in the end I only made dozens of unfinished stories.

Currently the account is used mainly for browsing random works or post some equally random stuff. Although my friends' been mostly using this account, even more so than myself, so mostly it's them ranting about novels and films and mangas and stuff rather than me actually speaking my mind. I actually am somewhat busy with life, and doesn't read that much webnovels lately although sometimes I do prefer a good literature to read. My friend who also writes stuff might also be using this account in the near future and so stories from this account might have come from that one friend (or probably more in the future, who knows?).

Thus I've been thinking of adding a "codename" of some sort for each of us so it'd be easier to differentiate me and my fellow geek friends. Check my account for more information.

- Etsga, the original

Last edited:

CommotioCordis

Yo, I'm new here. So I've been keeping an eye over this community and well, it seemed peaceful enough for me. I'm actually new to all this webnovels and stuff so I'm a bit careful on my first impression of it.

I have experience on fan-translating a couple of Japanese manga so I'm quite used to Japanese culture, though I've just recently delve into a new realm of light novels. It's still too hard for me to translate them and my Japanese is quite mediocre (N5 at most) so it's still too early for me to accurately transliterate the raws. Which is why I decided to start writing. Hopefully it would help me on my sentence-building and idioms and stuff.

Although I'm quite surprised over how much Chinese webnovels had an effect to all these original English stories (in this site, at least). I first thought they were translation of Chinese novels, but no, they were ORIGINAL. It's kinda weird seeing a story in English with Chinese words and names sprinkled in between. Though I suppose a couple of writers already did that with Japanese, so I guess it's just a matter of familiarity and some getting used to. In fact, I had always thought 'cultivation' would refer to farming but due to the popularity of Chinese webnovels, the term has been likened to martial arts and meditation and other spiritual stuff.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

fight me you cowardly piece of shit I bet a cuttlefish got more backbone than your sorry ass come on over here yeah you heard me I said come on over here you're a fake and a fraudulent bastard who licks the supermarket ice cream and puts the cap back on come on over here and let me cave your shit in you-

Epsil

fight me you cowardly piece of shit I bet a cuttlefish got more backbone than your sorry ass come on over here yeah you heard me I said come on over here you're a fake and a fraudulent bastard who licks the supermarket ice cream and puts the cap back on come on over here and let me cave your shit in you-
:blob_blank::sweat_smile::blob_popcorn_two:

D

Deleted member 22388

Hello people, Scriblers.
I am ●□○ Nairo, the first 3 letters are censored to keep my name private from some potential stalkers
"if there is one".
The name itself is just my pseudonym and you can just call me Niro/Nairo

Now then, what do I like?
Well something like hobbies as in reading, writing, drawing and the highest is playing games.

The most important thing when I read is the story: I don't like no direction at all
Tags that I would go swim and find;
Wuxia, comedy, normal romance and etc.
I often dislike;
-Unlogicnis(not logic)
-Male mc getting bulied by harem
-sticking to the same common stereotype, common storyline and common of commons(ahaha xd)

What am I really?
-I am just some person that gets bored easily, friendly but careful, acts strange, a curious person and a lazy bastard.
-Inside my head there's multiple of Me's and the character itself Nairo.
-Right now if I chat people like this online then I am Nairo itself and in public I will be me

Now now,
For the last one, I pick unique words and use it on any writings I make whenever possible
The reason to be here on many social flatforms could be to improve my English while also satisfy my stupid boredom

"Hey don't call me stupid!"
"Why not"
"Hey!!"
"It was a joke, it was a joke geez"...
End.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Hello people, Scriblers.
I am ●□○ Nairo, the first 3 letters are censored to keep my name private from some potential stalkers
"if there is one".
The name itself is just my pseudonym and you can just call me Niro/Nairo

Now then, what do I like?
Well something like hobbies as in reading, writing, drawing and the highest is playing games.

The most important thing when I read is the story: I don't like no direction at all
Tags that I would go swim and find;
Wuxia, comedy, normal romance and etc.
I often dislike;
-Unlogicnis(not logic)
-Male mc getting bulied by harem
-sticking to the same common stereotype, common storyline and common of commons(ahaha xd)

What am I really?
-I am just some person that gets bored easily, friendly but careful, acts strange, a curious person and a lazy bastard.
-Inside my head there's multiple of Me's and the character itself Nairo.
-Right now if I chat people like this online then I am Nairo itself and in public I will be me

Now now,
For the last one, I pick unique words and use it on any writings I make whenever possible
The reason to be here on many social flatforms could be to improve my English while also satisfy my stupid boredom

"Hey don't call me stupid!"
"Why not"
"Hey!!"
"It was a joke, it was a joke geez"...
End.
@WelcomeToScribbleHub ~

Visit the Community Games section later, there are some fun games there! ^^)/

CJWrites

Hi all,

I'm a complete newbie here. I generally stay away from forums unless I know someone there or it's for a game related thing. Friend of mine pointed me here as we're both working on our respective books. Thought I might meet some like minded folks here. I'll go down the check list on the initial post.

I'm CJ / Ganlaan - Gan for short. CJ probably works best as its in my name here, so does 'Hey stupid". =D
I like reading / listening to books, DJ'ing, VERY amateur voice acting and gaming. I'm an aspiring writer and people seem to enjoy my work or at least lie very convincingly to my face. I'll take it as my ego is fragile.
Genre's I like to read are generally Fantasy/High Fantasy, Zombie / Survival and some sci-fi. I've written quite a bit of Star Wars fan fic for an RP guild I used to run on SWTOR, but I won't finish it because Darth Mickey is a real bastage.
I don't know that I have a single novel that I would call my favorite, though I do have some series. The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings series are a perennial favorite. My dad read the Hobbit to me when I was 6 and it has always been a favorite since then. Read the others by the time I was 9 or so. other favorite series would have to be the Dragon Riders of Pern by Anne McCaffery. Those two series are woven into my soul.

I know literally nothing about this website so I'm open to any advice anyone has. I look forward to interacting with folks here and hope to have fun.

Cheers,

CJ

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Hi all,

I'm a complete newbie here. I generally stay away from forums unless I know someone there or it's for a game related thing. Friend of mine pointed me here as we're both working on our respective books. Thought I might meet some like minded folks here. I'll go down the check list on the initial post.

I'm CJ / Ganlaan - Gan for short. CJ probably works best as its in my name here, so does 'Hey stupid". =D
I like reading / listening to books, DJ'ing, VERY amateur voice acting and gaming. I'm an aspiring writer and people seem to enjoy my work or at least lie very convincingly to my face. I'll take it as my ego is fragile.
Genre's I like to read are generally Fantasy/High Fantasy, Zombie / Survival and some sci-fi. I've written quite a bit of Star Wars fan fic for an RP guild I used to run on SWTOR, but I won't finish it because Darth Mickey is a real bastage.
I don't know that I have a single novel that I would call my favorite, though I do have some series. The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings series are a perennial favorite. My dad read the Hobbit to me when I was 6 and it has always been a favorite since then. Read the others by the time I was 9 or so. other favorite series would have to be the Dragon Riders of Pern by Anne McCaffery. Those two series are woven into my soul.

I know literally nothing about this website so I'm open to any advice anyone has. I look forward to interacting with folks here and hope to have fun.

Cheers,

CJ
@WelcomeToScribbleHub! We have a pretty active Games Section btw! You can try join the biggest game of the forum here if you want: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/adventurers-guild-registration.1631/

Have fun! ^^)/

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Hi all,

Cheers,

CJ
Welcome and have fun!

jazzupstories

Hi everyone! I'm Jasmine. My pronouns are they/them and he/him. I am nonbinary.

Things I love are goth fashion, reading books and manga, drawing, listening to music, watching anime, creative writing, of course.

I am new to both reading and writing webnovels. Feel free to reccomend me novels to read? I'm a complete beginner at writing webnovels so any tips or advice would be helpful?