What’s the worst thing you’ve done to a character?

aimless

Wanderer of Forums
I’ll go first: My MC is a (kinda?)kid. He’s forced to pick between him AND his friends dying, or having to kill his friends himself to have a chance at survival. Since the book’s still going on and it’s not a reincarnation story, I think you know what he chose..

Last edited:

Esper

A story that I had in my mind, one that I haven't put on any site, had the character force themself into a painful transformation, just to prove that they were better than their family, in the end they became immortal with this, but the cost was great, as they now realized what it meant for them.

Immortality meant they would see their friends and family die, watch as the world collapsed and rebuilt, at first they thought this was a fine way to live, but after years and years they slowly lost their hope of seeing the end.

I may make it a story some time, but for now it is a story I have hidden away

LilRora

Mostly formless
My story went on hiatus then the character's sister (not biological) had her memories regarding the mc scarred and turned into fear. When she comes back home, she finds out her sister was in bad mood recently and wants to check what's wrong only to find out her sister is terrified of her.

I haven't posted the continuation of this story, at least yet, and it gets fixed rather quickly, but this one event itself still is probably the worst thing I ever did to a character. Though I have a few written and not posted that would most likely outclass it.

Yati

A very friendly guy that has a trait that every girl he likes chooses to leave him behind for another girl... the endings are never pretty and cause trouble to those around him.

vaurwyn

Everyone dies someday, but I'm procrastinating
I just threw my mc into an abyss for a few thousand years and made it so that all of his plans to escape/survive had heavy costs, namely incredible pain and a slow destruction of his soul.
Then his final escape method was to abandon his body and forge himself a new one, becoming an artifact spirit.
Power comes at a cost.

D

Deleted member 57675

I’ll go first: My MC is a (kinda?)kid. He’s forced to pick between him AND his friends dying, or having to kill his friends himself to survive. Since the book’s still going on and it’s not a reincarnation story, I think you know what he chose..
Now this is interesting.

LORD_SHAXX

My MC eats people. Oh and she murdered a bunch of innocent people because she was mad one time

Florestes

A shard of time embraced by darkness.
Projected myself onto them :blob_hmm:!

Last edited:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Hard to pick. One character had to rip a key out of their alternate personalities stomach to escape a mental prison. Another committed minor genocide on a werewolf population after watching his wife get eaten alive. It's even worse when everyone learns that she faked her death. Another ones mother made her ritualistically torture and kill people starting at the age of 5. One character watched everyone around her die while she became immortal and vengeful. Another characters testicles were sent back into his stomach permanently due to a black powder explosion which gave him a unfixable high pitched voice. Also, he can summon Eldritch horrors (not related).

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Off-screen rape. The character is an extra, but I shamelessly used his trauma to propel the story further.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'm not in the mood to talk about it right now, but it involves being trampled.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
I haven't actually written it out, but for my first ever story, the main antagonist became the main antagonist because of their specific brand of magic deeming them as the chosen one to save the world. Cultists and rich people with huge things to gain if a chosen one just didn't exist, burned down their family home, making them homeless, though they thought they killed them. Then they were taken up by a rich woman years later, only to be sold off as a slave to the highest bidder because of their magic. They eventually escaped, though years of torture, labor, and assault of the not so good kind traumatized them, and made them realize their goal. To destroy the current world and rebuild a new one in their image.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
In the death korp of krieg, it is your highest ambition to die for the god emperor.

So he was cursed to never die.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Nothing too evil. I just put a main character through a few thousand years of magical torture where her very life was used as fuel, only to be kept alive by some magical drugs that tear on the mind, made her go mad enough to create multiple personalities only for the main personality to watch all of them die to protect her from going insane through torture and drugs. All by an antagonist that wears the souls of her loved ones as a necklace.
I want it to be a fairly light-hearted story, tho. So she gave up her memories to be finally free of her past. Only to get hunted by said antagonist tho.

A more humorous example of "Worst things done" would be another antagonist that forces the protagonist to craft equipment for him, not knowing he can only craft crused stuff. So he gets his "harem" of girls using him equipment that makes them horny and hate him, his equipment eats his brawns and brains and in the first confrontation between MC and the "harem hero" said hero gets a spear shot in his behind.