What advice would you give to others in life or just in general?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45782
  • Start date

Vaxel00

I'd give that as dating advice:
Here's my dating advice:

Everyone is entitled to their past until it affects your future. Past behavior is very indicative of future behavior and whatever they did to others they'll do to you.

Only idiots jump into things without knowing what they're getting themselves into and you deserve what you tolerate.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Non-writing advice.

Some of the advice on here has been pretty helpful. Thanks everyone that did gave great advice. :3

Maybe someone else will also find your advice also inspirational/motivational.

Get a cat, worship it as your overlord!

On less important advice then the above:

1) Don't read while lying in bed, it might seem comfortable now but you'll pay for it

2) Don't sit all day either

3) Make sure you get proper amount of sleep. The body heals and resorts your brain when you sleep. If you skimp on it, then the damage keeps adding up

4) Wedge pillows are pretty useful for heartburn and in general

5) Do lots of walking, while 10,000 steps is great, the more the better.

OpenGL

1. Failure only happens when you give up
2. Live like you will die tomorrow, and be happy as you will live forever.
3. Without love, intelligence is dangerous; and without intelligence, love is not enough.
4. Is the reward for good anything but good?

I quoted those from somewhere ... multiple sources. As for the general advice ...

5. Don't smoke, don't do drugs; if you consume that, don't come near.

D

Deleted member 45782

Advice learned from others and still in the process of learning to work on...

Sometimes others are blunt but when we think about it again, they mean well. Sometimes, they got a point. And sometimes, its us that are the ones that do this too; it is good to learn how to soften it down so it doesn't always come out as too harsh or rude to others.

Take any advice, keep the good parts, throw away the bad parts. Modify it to your needs bc everyone's situation is different.

Sometimes the advice or the pointers are discouraging especially when its goes over some of your flaws. Don't let it take to your heart completely and drag you into the darkness with it. Don't think about how it sucks, or how all those pointers suck. Think, instead, as this way: I got this feedback now, what can I do with it to level up? Use it to practice; one day you'll feel happier that you have made it thus far, with the improvements.

If someone doesn't seem to take in your advice, don't continue to steamroll them with it; accept and move on that you got different thoughts of how certain things progress.

And if you know what you're going for, then go for it. Not every advice there is helpful to you. Do what you want; its your life after all.

Baby steps. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. Eventually, you'll get there.
Things don't become a big success over night; it takes practice, time and a lot of effort into it, sometimes many times before it can even reach just a hint of success. Don't give up on things so easily and don't fear making mistakes as it may cause even more mistakes and possible regrets of what we didn't do. One small step at a time, one baby step in front of the other, until you have made it to the other end of the path where your goal is. Life still keeps moving, you fail today, then try it again with more effort the next day and the next until you get there.

Start by accomplishing little tasks and goals. Then move on to keep doing bigger projects and goals. Don't stop at every single accomplishment, keep on going while you still have the satisfaction that you did something - it is a brief feeling that doesn't stay too long so take advantage of it.

The perfect thing is also balance. Its okay to view the world as half-empty sometimes and sometimes half-full. But if you always view things half-empty you can fall into downward spiral of demotivated, self pity, sad, negative, self loathing, uncaring, etc.. If you're always half full, it is a better mindset for positivity cause it keeps you hoping and striving to achieve your goals and dreams, but make sure don't overdo it or you can become too rosy-tinted. Its good to be in the middle with some leaning to the optimism.

Remember to laugh some, don't take everything too serious. Some parts should be, but not everything. The more you laugh, the more easy going and lighter you'll feel.

Last edited by a moderator:

xluferx

This might sound bad but is legit truth.

Nobody cares about your effort, they only care for results.

Certain jobs or career path you must be ruthless heartless or a sociopath to succeed.

i just wanna say even if i don't know you at all, you guys are awesome in your own way.

if there's any advice: just drink enough water.

Last edited: