What are some of your favorite Scribblehub stories that you're reading now?

ars

trash bin
I figure it's good to have a thread like this! Let's talk about some of the stories you're reading on this site~ :blob_paint:

Right now, I'm very slowly reading three stories. One is Wangfei's Desire for Revenge by Lukha, which is a refreshing and steady story about a calm girl who transmigrates into ancient times. I like how there's a lot of intelligence and consideration in both the protagonist's actions and in the author's writing. It's the type of story that you can sit down and enjoy reading (though I usually have to read standing on the subway :sweating_profusely:)

I also started reading Phantomheart's Undaunted Daughter: Song Gwakkot, which is another transmigrated-to-ancient-times story, except the protagonist's personality is the complete opposite: she's super unruly and fierce, and her antics make me crack up with laughter. It's a very fun read and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

I'm also reading yansusu's Lovely Writing System [BL] - the premise is pretty funny and it's interesting to read the writing-related portions of it, too. So meta~ I want to try reading some of the author's other stories too, since I think I'm a little overdosed on oblivious protagonists. With every chapter, I shed a few tears for my comrade, the ML, who desperately tries to get some progress on the romance meter only to be foiled by the protagonist's inability to understand [cough] interpersonal relations.

I'm interested in finding some more Gen/non-romance stories to read, but I find myself being really picky over wanting to read stories with likeable protagonists that I can cheer for, so I guess my search might go slow.

FriendlyDragon

Your friendly local dragon~
Mine :blob_sir: (But really. I don't really read here much so I would love to see what people like. >.>)

• Haha
Reactions: ars

WaterBear6

To be honest I'm not really reading any stories on here, mainly writing, but I did like https://www.scribblehub.com/series/15320/spirit-immortal/ - - - I also enjoyed reading the one chapter released of https://www.scribblehub.com/series/3472/new-life-in-cultivation-chat-group/ - - - And I would truthfully have liked reading more of this, https://www.scribblehub.com/series/16172/how-to-be-a-good-mortal-father-to-your-demon-kids/ but unfortunately the grammar was atrocious and the writing itself wasn't all the good, but the idea was great and their were some fluff moments that I enjoyed.

To be honest though, the three previously mentioned novels were three of the seven novels I have added to my reading list on this website, and of the seven I haven't actually read any in weeks to months. As I said I'm mainly using this site for writing. For those curious, I'm not so usually long winded when writing so please don't let that put you off from me writing, or my shamlessness, or the fact that I used shamlessness which isn't a word.

sage61

My favorite so far is The Dragon’s Flower by chocolily. The MC is incredibly cute and adorable. The best part is the plot totally makes a lot of sense. I'm also currently reading yaoyueyi's Power Up, Artist Yang!. It seems like a good potential, especially the promised daily updates. There's not much to comment on it as the story just started out. But honestly, The Villainess’s Dark Side by Adeline is what got me into scribble hub. It was so touching that I ended up crying while reading this. I'm really hoping to read more but sadly, the series seems to be on hiatus as it has not been updated much.

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
I'm not really reading anything on this site... Have alot of things i'm reading already, so I haven't picked up anything new for a while so I have more time to do other things like write my own novels...

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
The only novel i'm currently consistently reading is Garden of Amy by @Khiricastares
One of the best original EN yuri webnovels ive read. It is so good that mere words are not worthy to describe the sheer perfection of it.

there's a few other novels on my lists but i read most of them elsewhere like RR

ars

trash bin
Ah, it's great to hear some positive stuff about these stories! I was curious about Artist Yang when I saw it on the updates list earlier; seems like I should go check it out :blob_reach:

Also @sage61 sorry to hear that updates have slowed on one of your fav stories... Seems like the last update was in February? I think you can still have hope! Keep encouraging the author! There are some stories I intend to keep writing even though I haven't updated them in a year.... :sweating_profusely: We can only hope Adeline is more responsible than I am...

Milk.Milkan

Me Milk, me smart.
It's a huge problem to find something dat could be enjoyable to read cuz my interests are so off from typical people's "what to write" view.

So I'm still in active search for something that I can be interested in.

sage61

Nah it's fine @ars. Although I'm sad at the temporary hiatus, I'm willing to wait for Adeline to update at her pace because her story is just so good that it's worth the wait. I understand authors have writer blocks so I don't want to pressure them unnecessary.

And @ars I've read some of your works too and your short stories are incredibly interesting and well-written. My favorite of yours is I Shouldn’t Have Pretended to be the Female Lead. The idea behind this is simply ingenious. Similarly this plot in How to Cook an Egg is great as well. You really do have talent in writing. Too bad I'm not into BL/GL pairing so I can't bring myself to read the rest even when the plot looks so tempting to me. I'm ok with a slight bit of shonen-ai (not main couple) but I really prefer straight pairings in novel so all BL/GL genre are blacklisted from my profile.

TwilightForest

Being myself
It's a huge problem to find something dat could be enjoyable to read cuz my interests are so off from typical people's "what to write" view.

So I'm still in active search for something that I can be interested in.
Interesting! What types of novels are you interested in? Please share:)

Milk.Milkan

Me Milk, me smart.
Interesting! What types of novels are you interested in? Please share:)
Creating an interesting character and then made a story around it without bringing any romance.

Bring a character into a typical but interesting line like Otome game reincarnation and made a story around it and around wold dis character is currently in. Without bringing any romance into it.

Whatever with interesting MC without bringing any romance into it.

But most of dis kind of stories have
1. Male MC dat i just cant read i dunno why just cant its too hard.
2. Romance dat i cant stand cuz it kills any kind of character dat could be developed in a story. Almost every time.

Dere is some rare good stuff like dat in NU but i couldnt see like a lot here for now even with some searching for tags im interesting in.

Kinda, i guess.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
I figure it's good to have a thread like this! Let's talk about some of the stories you're reading on this site~ :blob_paint:

Right now, I'm very slowly reading three stories. One is Wangfei's Desire for Revenge by Lukha, which is a refreshing and steady story about a calm girl who transmigrates into ancient times. I like how there's a lot of intelligence and consideration in both the protagonist's actions and in the author's writing. It's the type of story that you can sit down and enjoy reading (though I usually have to read standing on the subway :sweating_profusely:)

I also started reading Phantomheart's Undaunted Daughter: Song Gwakkot, which is another transmigrated-to-ancient-times story, except the protagonist's personality is the complete opposite: she's super unruly and fierce, and her antics make me crack up with laughter. It's a very fun read and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

I'm also reading yansusu's Lovely Writing System [BL] - the premise is pretty funny and it's interesting to read the writing-related portions of it, too. So meta~ I want to try reading some of the author's other stories too, since I think I'm a little overdosed on oblivious protagonists. With every chapter, I shed a few tears for my comrade, the ML, who desperately tries to get some progress on the romance meter only to be foiled by the protagonist's inability to understand [cough] interpersonal relations.

I'm interested in finding some more Gen/non-romance stories to read, but I find myself being really picky over wanting to read stories with likeable protagonists that I can cheer for, so I guess my search might go slow.

Lol. I can imagine Song Gwakkot right now, ripping herself out of the novel continuity to scream, "Who are you calling unruly?!"

Any who, I personally like a couple of stories right now on Scribble Hub, all of which are already in my reading library, but yeah, none the less they are pretty brilliant!

I Agreed To Be A Hero, So Just Let Me Fight The Demon King! by flucket
The MC in this short story is very dense and is at the center of a few misunderstandings when he is summoned into another world by a bit of a ditzy goddess, leading to some purely hilarious scenes between our supporting characters and the average looking "hero" that was summoned to save them. Just wait until you find out who the male lead is, this story is a good read and simple laugh, definitely recommend it for anyone looking for some lighthearted fun.

I’m Just A Mob, So Why Are The Hero And Villain Acting Like This?! by Myucchi
Similar to the above story, I'm Just A Mob, So Why Are The Hero And Villain Acting Like This?! includes lovable characters who surround our dense MC, who in this case isn't a summoned hero, but is a transmigrated soul who acts as a caretaker and lovable older brother to the two other main characters. It's definitely fluffy and lighthearted, you can tell from the title, and every chapter brings a little smile to my face.

I have a few others on my list as well, those being more misunderstanding type novels, but focus on female protagonists, while also being series that are unfortunately currently on a hiatus, one of these being:

Mother To The Love Interest
by Hainain
This is a story that only has three chapters so far, but from what I can tell you is that the MC is a determined girl who is met with a bit of a confusing situation, giving birth to her very first child after being reborn. She then goes on to try and prevent her previous host's terrible fate, while keeping her son alive and well, of course. It's a story of motherhood, love, and of course, my favorite thing in novels, misunderstandings!

Lukha

mother of all ships
Wow, can't believe this thread didn't come out earlier! I've got quite a few that have been on the backburner for reading, but right now, I'm in the process of reading quite a few!

Currently Reading:

Klue & Berry by ars. This Boys Love story is based on the Japanese manga Bakemono to Kedamono by Renji Range. I honestly love the MC who is quite shamelessly lewd and rather perverted, but he recognizes the innocence and good nature of his love interest and works to help his love interest quite selflessly. There's only 8 chapters so far, but I'm excited to see the development of romance and the relationship between the two main characters (which have the same names as the title, Klue and Berry).

Disgraced 10 Minutes After Arrival by Afterdarkfish. So far, I'm only on chapter 11/24 for this novel, but I find the MC to be really interesting! His motivations for rewards from his transmigrated system is an interesting twist on the trope, and the main love interest has just been introduced so I'm excited to see their dynamic! This is also a Boys Love novel; and Afterdarkfish makes really really cute art depicting the characters, and I think that's a super amazing thing to do! If you're looking for a rather twisted personality MC with a big demon boy cutie, I'd say this is a good pick for you, fufu.

I Agreed To Be A Hero, So Just Let Me Fight The Demon King! by flucket. AHHHH this is a cute fluffy novel filled with a very cute and awkward MC (my bb Tarou) who is summoned to another world to save the human kingdom from the demon kingdom. He is sent as a sacrifice to the Demon King and honestly, it's just super funny and cute. (Plus, fun fact: flucket wrote this drunk and that's highly impressive haha). I finished the main couple's story for now, but there's also a side story for a side couple that I'm excited for! (Hopefully we get to see more of cute Tarou though).

LOGIK: Slow Healing Life Online by flucket also. This is a story about a boy named Baxter who delves into a VRMMO in which he begins to slowly learn how to play while also making friends. He's a very troubled character with a lot of mental health issues, and you see a bit of his irl life through snippets when he's offline. However, I'm very excited to see the character development in which Baxter will have to deal with playing with other people in a VRMMO (and I just want my bb Baxter to be happy okay). Also there's a hint of this being boys love possibly?? And possible funny misunderstandings because Baxter's character on VRMMO is a girl and he's a guy. Anyway, the VRMMO system is fleshed out quite nicely, but if you have no prior knowledge about gaming and MMO systems, etc, you might get a little bit lost. Still a super fun read with an MC you really want to root for!

Have Read/On Hold:

To the Start of a New World (BL) by ars which is a Boys Love novel set in a post-apocalyptic world where people gain powers after the world kind of goes to shit. It's prequel/oneshot is called At the End of the World (BL) and honestly, cried so hard because the pain and suffering of the protagonist's love is so heartbreaking! I definite recommend this series for anyone who likes quiet and supportive sad MCs who get a second chance at their love! However, I think ars is focusing on a second novel which I'm also reading so this one is kind of on the backburner for now.

She Died Twice by flucket. So this is one of flucket's side novels, and it has quite an interesting concept. However, this one was put on hold for me because the updates will be slow because it's on a "whenever upload schedule" (lmao flucket's words). I'm hoping once it amasses more chapters, then I'll probably binge read it, fufu. So far anyway, I've read the first two chapters, and it seems like a very dark and serious-type novel; probably will be a tragedy based on the premise and the tags. But honestly, I hate myself so I love reading tragedy. Will have to keep an eye on this one to see whenever it updates a few more times so that I can binge-read.

The Disobedient and Barbaric Daughter by MyLadyQueen. So far I've only reached chapter 3, and I know the story has a lot more content for me to chow down on, but for some reason this book wasn't clicking with me so I had to put it on hold for a bit. However, hopefully once I have more time, I can return to read this because I'm curious to see what kind of person the MC will be. I've only reached the prologue-ish part where the MC is a baby and you learn a bit of her backstory and her lineage. Knowing that the MC is a revenge-seeking badass, (which is usually the type of characters I love), I'm excited to see her as an actual person and see what motivates her to exact the revenge that she wishes for.

Heavenly Soul [BL] by crimson_carnation. I've read up to chapter 24/104. So I really enjoyed the MC for this novel so far, and I thought he was a really interesting character! I was interested in his background, his two-faced personality, and also his ability to empathize with others. The cultivation stuff is interesting, but it wasn't what really sparked my interest for this novel. I was super WOWed by the love interest and was OOF so hot and super cool dude, but then they immediately went into lovey dovey mode and "you're the only one for me" kind of stuff which seemed to throw me off a bit because they had kind of just met. However, maybe when I want more fluff, I'll return to this novel and finally get to read more about the MC who I'm actually pretty interested in.

The Villainess Will Work Hard For A Good Life After Her Broken Engagement! by Akemin. This novel was quite similar in plot to a lot of the webtoons I had been reading recently; the only reason why it's in this hold section is because the author hasn't quite updated in a while, so I'm keeping it in the backburner for now and focusing on other ones. It's a really well-written novel with a MC who sort-of reincarnated into another world. Basically, the young girl of the story world regains her previous memories of another life, and she realizes that she's been reincarnated into a light novel series that she's read. I'm really interested to see how the author can take this story and make it a unique standout from other similar stories, and I'm really liking it so far! This novel's romance is a harem-type which I usually don't go for, but I was too interested in the story not to read it. Will be keeping an eye out for more updates if this ever comes out of its hiatus!

The Villainess’s Dark Side by Adeline. I LOVE this novel so much; it's literally one of the first novels I ever read on ScribbleHub and I cried like a fucking baby reading this. The emotions of the MC just really tug at your heartstrings and BREAK your heart, and you just really feel and empathize for her. On the other hand, we get this interesting look into what a side character villainous feels about transmigrated hero-type typical protagonists, and I honestly thought that point-of-view was super interesting. The relationship the MC had with the love interest was HOT, but I had wished it was fleshed out just a bit more. We didn't really get to see much of the love interest, but I just want them to be happy and aaaah. Honestly, loved this novel and would recommend it to anyone who loves tragic romance novels set in ancient China settings! (With also revenge and marriage and stuff). This one is on here because the status of the novel is quite ambiguous. Some people think it's merely on hiatus while some think the story is done; either way, I'll definitely be watching for updates!

To Read: (Just thought I'd put this here cuz if y'all can tell which kind of novels I like, here's more of similar genres if you're looking for recs!)

- To Be a Beauty by EmeraldStrawberry
- Lovely Writing System [BL] by yansusustories
- Rebirth and Will Love You by zana
- Shadow Princess by BawMeaw
- The Villainous Heroine by Justderpin
- The Vow of a Broken Heart by in_awe

Also feel free to give me more recommendations!

es_carva

I like fantasy stories with smart, believable characters. I prefer a focus on adventure rather than romance, but I put a lot of importance in character development and don't mind romantic subplots. I like the reincarnation theme, specially when it's both boon and bane, like a different body that the MC has to struggle with. I am new to the site, so I haven't read all that much yet. Still, I have a couple of favourites:

Undermind is about a disabled girl who dies on Earth (probably; it's complicated) and reincarnates as a troll with videogame-themed magic. Because of her backstory, she's actually not all that upset about the change, but as you would expect, the locals don't like trolls very much, specially world-hopping trolls. She is forced to run for the hills while trying not to break anything too important (spoiler: she fails). There are also weird events that hint she wasn't all that normal to begin with.

Second Life as the Sister of a Goddess is about an old man who makes a deal with a fallen goddess in order to save his granddaughter, only to wake up in a different world as the twin sister of said goddess. I thought this one would be super silly, but it turned out surprisingly good! The characters (currently babies) are very believable, the MC is smart and capable, and there is a dark undercurrent of things to come even though things are still chill and fluffy.

ars

trash bin
And @ars I've read some of your works too and your short stories are incredibly interesting and well-written. My favorite of yours is I Shouldn’t Have Pretended to be the Female Lead. The idea behind this is simply ingenious. Similarly this plot in How to Cook an Egg is great as well. You really do have talent in writing. Too bad I'm not into BL/GL pairing so I can't bring myself to read the rest even when the plot looks so tempting to me. I'm ok with a slight bit of shonen-ai (not main couple) but I really prefer straight pairings in novel so all BL/GL genre are blacklisted from my profile.
Aw thank you!! I'm super happy that you read and enjoyed even just those short stories! And no worries, I understand :blobrofl: I'm a big supporter of 'read the things you enjoy'! Thank you so much for the kind words~!

Creating an interesting character and then made a story around it without bringing any romance.
Ah I totally get that! It's really nice to read a story with a great plot and interesting characters who are focused on what they have to do. Sometimes in stories, characters who are so strong and driven start to lose their way once the romance subplot kicks in... It always hurts :blob_cringe:

I hope people start posting more stories like what you're looking for! Maybe @LotusLily has some suggestions? I remember seeing them post their Scribblehub search filter that completely X'ed out every single romance-related tag :blobrofl:

Wow, can't believe this thread didn't come out earlier! I've got quite a few that have been on the backburner for reading, but right now, I'm in the process of reading quite a few!
HEHEHEHEH thank you <3<3<3
And I'm so eager to start reading Flucket's MMO story too!!!! I love reading MMO stories, so that one's on the top of my to-read list!
I like fantasy stories with smart, believable characters. I prefer a focus on adventure rather than romance, but I put a lot of importance in character development and don't mind romantic subplots. I like the reincarnation theme, specially when it's both boon and bane, like a different body that the MC has to struggle with. I am new to the site, so I haven't read all that much yet. Still, I have a couple of favourites:
Ooooh wow Undermind sounds amazing! Second Life too! I'll have to keep an eye on those :blob_reach: Thank you for sharing~

D

Deleted member 5560

Everything currently on my Reading List (alphabetical order):
  1. At the End of the World by OP ars. I first read this on wattpad a couple years ago and it instantly became a favourite, so I was happy to see it here on SH too. The language is very delicate and melancholic, and has a way of lingering in the brain for a while after reading.
  2. I Didn’t Even Want to Live, But God Forced Me to Reincarnate! by Lynne Suzuran. I started reading this on NUF because it had a very fresh and original take on the reincarnation genre. It's not an isekai, as she's reborn into the same world she lived in a few years after her death (I forgot when exactly). I put reading it on pause around chapter 30, but the world building so far is very interesting and the MC has a lot of baggage she is gradually beginning to overcome.
  3. The Villainess Will Work Hard For A Good Life After Her Broken Engagement! by Akemin. Although it's teetering on a particular trope I find personally frustrating (the villainous tries to avoid a bad end, but the mere fact of becoming aware of the meta-narrative has intrinsically changed her personality and nature already, avoiding the bad end entirely barring external forces like "destiny"), the reincarnated villainess genre is one I love and this one is a particularly fresh take on it, as it becomes quickly apparent that there's a larger conspiracy at work behind the fate of the villainess then mere personality problems. Akemin has a real nose for writing mystery and thriller, and it's given the story a great hook beyond the genre.
  4. Wangfei’s Desire for Revenge by Lukha, another story I started reading on NUF. I left a more extensive plunge into my thoughts on a review on the story, but I more or less can't praise this enough. It's a story that really balances the tropes of historical Chinese dogblood stories that make them fun and exciting to read, but with new twists and a few clever subversions that keeps the story fresh and elevates it above just soap opera.
There are a few other interesting villainess stories recommended in this thread that I'll have to check out. I always appreciate a more in-depth recommendation of why a story is good.

Also I'm very flattered to see my stories on Lukha's post, as I personally feel that WFDfR is one of the greatest gems on this site atm and I'm also happy to see other people in this thread mentioning it and recommending it.