What are some realistic powers that can possibly exist in our world?

killwrites

Need motivation
I want to write a reverse isekai story and basically, I want to ask what's a 'cheat' power that the MC can have (context: he's a Hero in his own world, so preferably hero-like powers) which won't make the average person go "WTF did I just witness". Perhaps at most they'll be like "hold up, something ain't right" but won't really suspect MC isn't from our world. Right now I'm thinking of a power that basically maxes out MC's charisma so that he'll get his way most of the time, but what's your take?

SailusGebel

Not technically a power, but I'm going to say it anyway. Fighting skills.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Anything that can pass off as winning the genetic lottery. I've seen some YouTube vids of conditions that gives someone reduced body fat and increases muscle mass, and some that make you more resistant to extreme temperatures. Nothing like straight up psychic powers or mind control though.

Charisma can work as long as it's actually his way with words and not some system mind controlling everyone to believe him.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Basically give him the ability to see probability like Contessa in Worm? Just a bit enough to make people think that "wow, he is really lucky" and not "oh shit he is a 5D chessmaster".

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
Rewind Time or Time Manipulation, how would they know he rewinds and goes back to the past if they can't follow him along except him?

Mr.Grey-Cat

just give him something that is impossible to notice, but leave some doubts. things like future vision, time rewind, probability manipulation, mind-reading, or even memory manipulation.

something that is actually useful as an OP ability but at the same time is hard to notice.

of course, you can also just give the generic ability of all heroes, the plot armor, and then call it the hero's blessing, that just make things and people weaker than him go the way he wants it.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
I want to write a reverse isekai story and basically, I want to ask what's a 'cheat' power that the MC can have (context: he's a Hero in his own world, so preferably hero-like powers) which won't make the average person go "WTF did I just witness". Perhaps at most they'll be like "hold up, something ain't right" but won't really suspect MC isn't from our world. Right now I'm thinking of a power that basically maxes out MC's charisma so that he'll get his way most of the time, but what's your take?
This will be kind of OP, but here it goes.
1. Supreme Memory & Understanding: The ability to not only remember and understand everything the MC ever saw, heard, touched, etc. in their old world. But, let’s say they once read a Wikipedia page on something, they now have the ability to both remember and understand everything on it, even the info on unopened linked pages. MC saw a boxing match? Now they can both do everything they did, but also understands why they did so.
2. A.I. chip: same as #1, but makes sense. Preferably the chip would store memories and download info from the internet to help contextualize the memories and info in them. Chip can analyze things with high accuracy if given enough related data. Even with no context. Chip has the ability to ‘upload’ any of its info into the brain.
3. Seeing and/or predicting the future. See Lord of the Mysteries.
4. Telepathy
5. Telekinesis
6. Hypnosis
7. Transmutation
8. Bungee Gum
9. Shape shifting
10. Illusions
11. Super strength/reflex/speed
13. Supper strength/reflux/spoon
14. Crazy Diamonds abilities
15. Mind Control

You know what, just do Saiki’s abilities
1.1 Apport
1.2 Astral Projection
1.3 Bilocation
1.4 Clairvoyance
1.5 Cryokinesis
1.6 Curse
1.7 Electrification
1.8 Flight/Levitation
1.9 Hydrokinesis
1.10 Hypnosis
1.11 Invisibility
1.12 Mediumship
1.13 Memory Alteration
1.14 Mind Control
1.15 Petrification
1.16 Precognition
1.17 Psychic Hold
1.18 Psychokinesis/Telekinesis
1.19 Psychometry
1.20 Pyrokinesis
1.21 Restoration

Last edited:
instead of charisma you can max out his luck. he'd be a rich, almost immortal, playboy.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Hypnotism? Not straight up mind control, but the person targeted would find themselves losing much of their composure in front of the character and not able to win arguments/keep secrets and such.
Not very hero-like power though.

An ability to infiltrate dreams.

Some level of precognition.

Fast healing.

Traineye

Telekinesis, except it's like 1cm/hour, but they're able to lift anything they want or something similar, which no one would notice.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
There are literally people like charisma like this.

Leyligne

It’s been said, but fighting prowess is that ”how did that happen?“ kind of thing. There’s a video out there, giving normal people a katana and asking them to slice through bamboo. Some manage to chop through a stalk, maybe two. Then the kendo master comes on and cleanly cuts through five. Practice, as they say, makes perfect.
Since you said hero-like powers, the ability to recover from injury can also be miraculous, how did they survive that? “Made of sterner stuff”, everybody heals differently, good healer is a thing. Or some such.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Just give 'em "didn't win the lottery but got hit by lightning twice in a row and didn't even notice" luck. Depending on what genre you wanna go it might get 'em out of (or in) trouble, let's them find anything they need or maybe lose their way just to find party member/ love interest/etc.

Out of all the things said outside of causality manipulation, having the devil's luck is the most broken ability you can get.

I always like the thought of being able to control probabilities. Depending on the scope, that could be everything from winning at gambling and saving cats, to influencing the weather, to determining if the sun shines. (thanks to quantum mechanics, everything is a matter of chance).

rain-090

For more low scale, I would say just take a bunch of cases of people winning genetic lottery and throwing all that into one person