What are some uses for [Inventory]?

USA

Inventory: A game-like ability that allows the user to store inanimate items into a separate space.

What would be some uses for such an ability in irl?

pojlk

World's safest vault, one-man armory, impromptu body storage, keeper of all the snacks (Your sister will never snack again), camping with an entire house instead of a tent, convenient moving company, easy cheats in poker. Honestly, there's a lot you can do if there's no limit, although even with the limit, it tends to still be an incredibly convenient ability. Unless the separate space is the size of a high school locker. Then it's just a high school locker. Personally I'd use it to store huge stuff and then fight people by pretending to summon them. "I call upon the Gods of the Sea. Hear my call and summon ships atop my foes!" or something like that.

Dearest_Violet

If the size is large enough, you'd be able to replace an entire ocean freighter route. Pretty sure that would make you at least filthy rich if you stuck to the safer countries.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
oh shit a nuclear warhead is flying into your hometown!

> TAKE NUKE

You have taken the NUKE.

There is no longer a nuclear warhead flying into your homeland.

(many hours later)

You have arrived a kilometre above the enemy castle.

> DROP NUKE

You have dropped the NUKE.

There is now a nuclear warhead falling down on the enemy castle.

> CAST QUICKEN+STILL+GREATER_TELEPORT, HOME

You exit ENEMYCASTLE.

Jemini

oh shit a nuclear warhead is flying into your hometown!

> TAKE NUKE

You have taken the NUKE.

There is no longer a nuclear warhead flying into your homeland.

(many hours later)

You have arrived a kilometre above the enemy castle.

> DROP NUKE

You have dropped the NUKE.

There is now a nuclear warhead falling down on the enemy castle.

> CAST QUICKEN+STILL+GREATER_TELEPORT, HOME

You exit ENEMYCASTLE.
Yeah, that scenario doesn't quite work out with how ICBMs work these days. They achieve flight speeds of mach 10, which means by the time the missile enters your state/provicial boarders, it will take about a second for it to hit the target.

EDIT: I mean, maybe you could manage it if you also had the Superman power-set, but that is typically not packaged together with this kind of game-like ability.

Keriahenta

Yeah, that scenario doesn't quite work out with how ICBMs work these days. They achieve flight speeds of mach 10, which means by the time the missile enters your state/provicial boarders, it will take about a second for it to hit the target.

EDIT: I mean, maybe you could manage it if you also had the Superman power-set, but that is typically not packaged together with this kind of game-like ability.
He has that gamer reflex so no problem

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Inventory: A game-like ability that allows the user to store inanimate items into a separate space.

Depends on details but maybe logistics

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Theft if you lack morality. Walk right into a tech super store and walk out with literally Thou$ands undetected.
Or become perhaps the best magician to ever live on this world.

D

Deleted member 54065

I'll use that to store my entire house then go travel the world.

Another potential use: I'll create my own 'trucking' company with only our SUV the service vehicle. Less paperwork, more goods to transport and more money to earn.

BlackKnightX

The only limitation you've stated is that it can only store the inanimate items. You haven't stated how large that separate space can be or any other limitations. So I'm just gonna assume that space has no limit.

Then you can do a whole lot with it. You can even store your own house and bring it out whenever and wherever you want. You can store vast amount of clean water. You can store cars, planes, or any other vehicles. You can steal anything without getting caught—unless you steal something big, like a public building or something, then the authority might find a lead to you, making you a suspect; then again, the police might not be able to tell how you did it. Anyway, use it wisely, kid. You can hide your favorite sex toys without your family members ever finding out. You can become the best magician in the world, making tons of money with it. (Wow. How did he make the whole building disappear? He must have real magic!) (Well, you're not wrong, my dear~) And the list goes on...

Beeteetee

You could store found items at the curb with the safe knowledge that all biologicals are destroyed in the process.

or even offer a furniture pesticide service without anyone knowing exactly how that's done.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian

Ironically it ends up being a really good thing for our hypothetical adventurer that they were piloted by a console text adventure system on a fairly lenient rules engine, allowing our intrepid hero to think about these problems in zero time (generally time is paused while waiting for user input. rare and notable are text adventures that Don't.)

... Superhot but you're a wizard. Id play that.

He has that gamer reflex so no problem

And it proves obscenely useful that our hero is an abstract entity and not an actual person, especially not me.

Draconite

Exist in the void
You could suck the air around you and deny everyone of the capability of breathing.

Tempokai

Overworked One
If it has no limits and you can swing it like a sword, you can become the one who strips everyone bare. Imagine the horror when you swing it towards the armored person and his fucking equipment is dissappearing into the thin air. Or imagine someone in a tank and in one second it's fucking gone with your fucking clothes and pants that had hearts pattern on it gone too. Or use it as a impregnable shield with ability to relaunch the missile back to sender. Or making tunnels just by using the inventory as a shovel in record times.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
You can store things, like rations and a water supply to keep yourself stocked on food and water.