What are you researching?

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
I've been researching best practical places to find supplies in a zombie apocalypse in Oz by mining my dad's (an ex-soldier) brain about where the military keeps important supplies as well as hidden storehouses of ww2 era reserve weapons and vehicles.

tahu653

how big a standard grave is, how long it would take a person to dig said grave, and how fast can a dog dig. important things

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Spies.
Government archives are good stuff. lots of declassified info there.

this article is a nice help both in real life and my stories.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I started writing a new novel that started with reincarnation into a medi-fantasy setting, so I started looking up a bit about infancy in the middle ages.

This was quite enlightening, dispelled quite a few myths~

NagatoSaitou

Spiders and snakes’ anatomy and perception methods. Animals’ behavior or characteristics.
for example, some spider can produce milk-like liquid, snakes’ tongue can detect scents, young bees sleep less than older bees and such. (My Mc is human but raised by a spider spirit beast (cultivation novel but without too much of that exaggeration typical of that genre)).

recently, ships’ structure, in particular the names used for each part of a ship. I also researched about flowers and plants.

AliceShiki

I barely wrote yesterday because I had to start researching some thing every 2 or so paragraphs... T.T

Lots of child-related stuff mainly. How were children viewed in the Middle Ages? What was the Daily Life of a child in the Middle Ages? What tasks were appropriate for children in the Middle Ages? What were the tools used to discipline children in Middle Ages?

Then there were some miscellaneous like... Were birthdays celebrated in Middle Ages? What Cakes were available in Middle Ages? How often did people go to the Church in the Middle Ages? What fruits are available during Autumn?

I think those were all? Sometimes I hate my wish to make things historically-kinda-accurate in a medi-fantasy setting... >.>

Edit: Oh, and "When do children start feeling romantic affection?" as well as "When is it okay to send your child in their first outing?"

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
im getting a gf to research true love will update soon

one of my favorite articles

currently this one

AliceShiki

So... I just had to research how to teach your child how to read~

The things you end up going to while writing~

Thor

So... I just had to research how to teach your child how to read~

The things you end up going to while writing~

Thankfully I have practical experience in that matter :P

Today I researched why different eye colors are dominant in different regions.

AliceShiki

Thankfully I have practical experience in that matter :P

Today I researched why different eye colors are dominant in different regions.
:blob_aww: :blob_aww::blob_aww:

Hopefully I'll learn it myself in a few years, though it will depend on the age of the child I end up adopting...

And wow! That's something I'd never research myself! I'd just throw eye colors whimsically! XD

Thor

:blob_aww: :blob_aww::blob_aww:

Hopefully I'll learn it myself in a few years, though it will depend on the age of the child I end up adopting...

And wow! That's something I'd never research myself! I'd just throw eye colors whimsically! XD

Yeah, it will help if the need comes up in the future. I just had a head start with 5 younger sisters who were curious and diligent beyond measure, unlike myself at their age, and parents with generally no time.

Regarding eye color, it started with some mystical stuff like 'the eye is the window to your soul' and after that I looked up the most common eye colors and it then went further to wich color is dominant in wich region and why. Just to think up some lore with a bit of facts.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I am trying to dig as many shits on medieval evil like droit du seigneur, execution techniques like chinese water torture, slavery and racial discrimination, human experimentation and other vile things just to create a mini 40K world for my MC and his buddies.
So far I am feeding my dark side well.
Will probably study the effects of psychological traumas of people instantly losing all their loved once they are not there for them and on survivors who survived a disaster when others had failed.

AliceShiki

Yeah, it will help if the need comes up in the future. I just had a head start with 5 younger sisters who were curious and diligent beyond measure, unlike myself at their age, and parents with generally no time.

Regarding eye color, it started with some mystical stuff like 'the eye is the window to your soul' and after that I looked up the most common eye colors and it then went further to wich color is dominant in wich region and why. Just to think up some lore with a bit of facts.
Ooooooooh, that must have been tough! >.<

I'm the youngest child that my parents had, so I never had to teach anything to my brothers! XD

... Though I did need to teach some computer stuff to my mom~ *giggles*

And that's a pretty sensible reason to start looking up eye things! \(^^)/
I am trying to dig as many shits on medieval evil like droit du seigneur, execution techniques like chinese water torture, slavery and racial discrimination, human experimentation and other vile things just to create a mini 40K world for my MC and his buddies.
Will probably study the effects of psychological traumas of people instantly losing all their loved once they are not there for them and on survivors who survived a disaster when others had failed.
So mean! >.<

I think @NiQuinn made a thread about PTSD a while back, you might wanna look that one up!

Thor

Thats something I have to look up in the future. Can't say if Im looking forward to it or not >.>

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Some good people made good points to the thread here: