What art do you normally commission?

RainingSky

Coffee lover (addict)
I mostly draw my own art or sometimes take commissions mayself hardly ever commission anything of my own, but if I did I would be willing to go up to 100 Dollars

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I mostly draw my own art or sometimes take commissions mayself hardly ever commission anything of my own, but if I did I would be willing to go up to 100 Dollars
:blob_cookie: For a full body colored art?

RainingSky

Coffee lover (addict)
There should be a commission thread on this forum by a group of Japanese artists. Their prices should range between $100-300 for full render
mhh, didn't know that.....oh well....

Navtz

For me, it would depend on the extent that I like the art style.
There was one guy making characters designs for $300 that I saw back then, and his art would never reach that value to me.
I think it was something about how he draws feet.
Btw I don't plan on spending money on this hobby haha.

SailusGebel

There should be a commission thread on this forum by a group of Japanese artists. Their prices should range between $100-300 for full render

tiaf

I award SailusGebel the medal user of the hour.
mhh, didn't know that.....oh well....
You can find artists for less than $100 just that they either are from countries with weaker currency or their level is not professional.

Last edited:

RainingSky

Coffee lover (addict)
You can find artists for less than $100 just that they either are from countries with weaker currency or their level is not professional.
I know and thus why I am happy I can make my own...or am very very selective when I comission which is mostly from friends in art school.

tiaf

I know and thus why I am happy I can make my own...or am very very selective when I comission which is mostly from friends in art school.
:blob_teary: Art school

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I like stuff with multiple characters to illustrate chapters of my story. I asked for half-body to full-body, depending on what I felt was needed to convey the scene. I'd spend hours looking for pose reference pictures, background pictures, etc. I'd try to get stuff under $50 per piece but occasionally go a bit over. I once got a great deal on four illustrations for $100. I'd like to pay artists more if I had more, but I'm a bargain hunter.

I look for people who are still developing their skills, so quality on the final result varies widely when compared to their portfolio. Some people didn't even finish the commission. Some refunded me because they had too much anxiety over it, some just kept my money and ghosted, and some took several months. I understand putting your work out there (especially when you're new) is hard, and sometimes it's even harder to offer a refund when you're embarrassed about not following through, so I'm not too upset about a little lost money here and there. I give the artist some gentle reminders and eventually give up if I hear nothing back.

For a cover, I'm thinking $400, maybe a bit more, but not much more should be my budget. Quality is important for a cover, but it's not such a huge deal for chapter illustrations.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I can't afford art due to how absurdly expensive it is (understandably so, since artists need to live, but it doesn't change the fact it is absurdly expensive), but if I was able to afford it...

Probably two to three characters, full-body, on a background that has a decent amount of details and the like. If I was going to spend money on art, then it would have to be on something I can't get at Waifulabs, so it would have to be like... My dreamy cover and stuff.

Of course, more characters and stuff makes it even more expensive than it already is, but... Welp. It is what it is~

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I can't afford shit, so I do my own covers. they're more or less ghetto-tier substitutions for better things, but beggars can't be choosers.

on the flipside, I have done some covers """commissions""" for free before. i know there's a guy in here who can vouch for me.

my idea of commissioning is casually going to AI sites and make them generate the lewdest pictures I want.

tiaf

i want a stickman holding a smaller stickman holding a smaller stickman that's holding a tiny flower
1663954219067.png