Votes: 8 20.0%
  • 3. Sculpt

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • 4. Poetry

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
You died in a car accident ... or so it seems.
Your body appears in an empty void with a person in front of you.
“Mortal of Earth, I have chosen you to extend my faith in another world“ Goddess
Summing it up, she will give you an Art System (with levels experience and skills) and send you to a cultivation world. The goal is to create a church of her there, which will also be an art academy (all graduates from that academy will also be awarded a system). When it is complete and functioning for five years, you will be sent back to your world safe and sound.
As a goddess of art, she can only give one of the following OP skills.

1. Music. You can play any instrument and sing any song perfectly (sound will be your weapon)
2. Dance. Your movements will be as charming as possible and you will have unlimited stamina (body reinforcement will be your weapon)
3. Sculpt. Your hands will have perfect dexterity and any material will be soft like clay in your hands (golems will be your weapons)
4. Poetry. Fast writing, perfect grammar in any language and improved intelligence (everything that is written with your blood will appear in reality for a limited time)

“It will be a dangerous world, so choose wisely“ Goddess

*As a bonus, the skills that don't require magic will remain with you when returning to earth.
Music. Imma be a bard and just seduce hot women into my Academy.
|.o)
Are people ignoring the fact that the writing things into reality requires your bl**d?
@w@
You only have so much of it.

X
Exactly. I wouldn't wanna have to prick my finger all the time to make it work. I can handle cuts, but only on accident. Doing it to myself? Nah man.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
To be fair, unless it requires an absurd amount, it would only take a pinprick on the finger and then you you could start writing. You could even just mix it with normal ink, and write with that. Do the blood donor thing, but keep it for yourself.

In exchange, you can write 'Dragon' and destroy a city. Or 'Wall' and protect a city. It's probably the most OP of the abilities, until you get back to Earth. Then you're going to be a starving artist, lol. Or you'd have to get a patron, I guess?
What if you have a fear of bl**d?
@w@

Or, don't like pain?

Also, how would you control said dragon and ensure it doesn't kill you?
Would you have to determine the exact size, shape, colour, aggressiveness, strength, abilities and diet when writing it into existence?
What if in order to get exactly what you want, you have to write a whole page, otherwise there could be consequences you didn't plan on?
You say wall but what if it only made something the size of say a small garden wall?
What material would it be made from?
How high would it be?
How thick would it be?
How long would it be?
Would there be entrances for people to go through?
Would people be able to go on top of it to attack from above? If so, how would they get up there if there's no stairs? After all, it's just a wall.
'-'

As they say, the devil is in the detail. Arbitrarily saying one word and bringing it into reality doesn't seem very accurate or secure, or even reliable.

Though, this is just how I interpret that power. Hence why I'd prefer not to have it.

X

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
What if you have a fear of bl**d?
@w@

Or, don't like pain?

Also, how would you control said dragon and ensure it doesn't kill you?
Would you have to determine the exact size, shape, colour, aggressiveness, strength, abilities and diet when writing it into existence?
What if in order to get exactly what you want, you have to write a whole page, otherwise there could be consequences you didn't plan on?
You say wall but what if it only made something the size of say a small garden wall?
What material would it be made from?
How high would it be?
How thick would it be?
How long would it be?
Would there be entrances for people to go through?
Would people be able to go on top of it to attack from above? If so, how would they get up there if there's no stairs? After all, it's just a wall.
'-'

As they say, the devil is in the detail. Arbitrarily saying one word and bringing it into reality doesn't seem very accurate or secure, or even reliable.

Though, this is just how I interpret that power. Hence why I'd prefer not to have it.

X
Definitely don't pick it if the first two are a problem.

Don't bother controlling the dragon. :devilish:
Individual limitations and details would be up to the author/god, and you'd have to work around them as the user. All we know for sure is it takes blood and it eventually fades from reality.
The more limitations though, I think makes it more interesting. As long as it isn't completely useless. All you have to do is find the things that aren't limited.

I read a book a long time ago where someone could read books(picture books?) and the things inside would come alive and follow their desires. I don't remember how it ended, though.
There was also a light novel I read where the user could cast spells using single words, and as they got stronger they could add more words to make more complex spells. It was a kinda boring story though.

Writing a single word is kinda boring, and it doesn't fully take advantage of your talent as a poet. Instead, to maximize your talent, it actually makes sense to do something like this:
It's possible to make things with single words, but they're incredibly weak and simple. A full sentence will slightly increase the power, and the precision of the translation from your imagination to reality. But the true strength is when you make a full poem. A short poem, with rhymes, echoes, and other linked words, could result in something like an intermediate or even advanced magic. A long poem, ballad, or epic could have world altering power, as long as it carries the weight to move anyone and everything that hears it.

For my example, 'Dragon' may just summon a dragon made of ink that can make a single attack. No city destruction there. But if you read the Fate of Beowulf out... Maybe that might destroy a kingdom.

Nahrenne

Definitely don't pick it if the first two are a problem.

Don't bother controlling the dragon. :devilish:
Individual limitations and details would be up to the author/god, and you'd have to work around them as the user. All we know for sure is it takes blood and it eventually fades from reality.
The more limitations though, I think makes it more interesting. As long as it isn't completely useless. All you have to do is find the things that aren't limited.

I read a book a long time ago where someone could read books(picture books?) and the things inside would come alive and follow their desires. I don't remember how it ended, though.
There was also a light novel I read where the user could cast spells using single words, and as they got stronger they could add more words to make more complex spells. It was a kinda boring story though.

Writing a single word is kinda boring, and it doesn't fully take advantage of your talent as a poet. Instead, to maximize your talent, it actually makes sense to do something like this:
It's possible to make things with single words, but they're incredibly weak and simple. A full sentence will slightly increase the power, and the precision of the translation from your imagination to reality. But the true strength is when you make a full poem. A short poem, with rhymes, echoes, and other linked words, could result in something like an intermediate or even advanced magic. A long poem, ballad, or epic could have world altering power, as long as it carries the weight to move anyone and everything that hears it.

For my example, 'Dragon' may just summon a dragon made of ink that can make a single attack. No city destruction there. But if you read the Fate of Beowulf out... Maybe that might destroy a kingdom.
Which would make sense since the skill/power is called Poetry.
(^-^)

But yes, I'd be terrified to just write 'dragon', tbh.
Who knows what kind of devastation that could cause.
Of course, there's also the interpretation of dragon, since there are other animals with dragon in their name.
Heck, there's even some foods with dragon in their name.
@w@

But yes, my main problem is with the requirement and the pain that would likely come from it.
*doesn't do well with bl??d*
@w@

X

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
imagine choosing Music and you beat the Demon Lord in a freestyle rap battle via 8 Mile

FoxxieFox

Apprentice Wizard
4. Poetry. Fast writing, perfect grammar in any language and improved intelligence (everything that is written with your blood will appear in reality for a limited time)
You can use Math as the most powerful language ever

c = 0
*everything becomes nothing

peelsdeeni

The Unoriginal Disappointment
Music

If you can somehow create a way to direct the sound away from yourself it would become stupidly OP
A quick Google search lets you know that you can kill by singing
I could kill someone while singing Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up
They're not gonna know what it means, but we will

D

Deleted member 45782

Reminds me of Inkheart (never read, but saw its movie) and the Anybodies by Julianna Baggott

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Music or poetry. I would favor music just because it can bring a permanent change to cultures, unlike the temporary nature of poetry. My goal would then to create songs in the goddess's name and spread happiness to the world. The idea of using sound to kill is not bad, but I would much prefer a whole individual set of skills (does not need to be OP) and summon contracts based on dedicated songs to the specific summon. Then it would be time to create my own religion in the name of songs and music. By then it would be inevitable to recruit elves, mermaids, harpies and whatever other species who can sing well under the name of the goddess of songs. Yes, this sounds like the most ideal scenario to me.

For poetry, it would be more warlike similar to konjiki wordmaster I guess. Drawing is nice, but if they are temporary it sounds pretty wasteful. I guess a fun way would be to create a story labyrinth or epics as an ultimate skill. Imagine writing 500k words just for a 30-minute reality marble, sound pretty underwhelming. Not that I would have enough blood for that. I guess that is a possible normal skillset in xianxias, but not OP from my view.

The other two are just too mainstream, would pass.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Reminds me of Inkheart (never read, but saw its movie) and the Anybodies by Julianna Baggott
Inkheart, and more specifically Inkspell, are the ones I was thinking of. I barely remember the story though, lol. Didn't know there was a movie either.
The other two are just too mainstream, would pass
That's... A strange thing to say. Music and Poetry are the domain of Idols, Bards, Poets, and Musicians. Literally the most mainstream you can get. Dance is somewhat popular, so I could understand that. But Sculpting? I can't name a single sculptor from the last 400 years.

Though, if you take the perfect dexterity and any material means literally any material, there's actually a lot of promise in sculpting outside of golemancy. Everyone who's wished they could draw.... Yeah? WAIT! Would it help with videos games?!? These are the kind of questions that MUST be answered!

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Ahem too mainstream in novel terms not RL applicability I should specify. Ideas are always borrowed after all.

Nahrenne

That's... A strange thing to say. Music and Poetry are the domain of Idols, Bards, Poets, and Musicians. Literally the most mainstream you can get. Dance is somewhat popular, so I could understand that. But Sculpting? I can't name a single sculptor from the last 400 years.
'-'
We have a sculpture park near where I live that has works from famous sculptors in it.
Even a museum named after a famous sculptor.
'-'

X