What did you learn today?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
This is a thread for people to share what interesting things they've learned today. It can be anything from introspective philosophy to finding out that you're not a normal person. I'll go first: Today I found out that not only do people think that eating garlic raw is weird, but I also found out that Taco Bell (Destroyer of colons and remover of 90's aesthetics) has been considered the healthiest fast-food restaurant in America for years and Chipotle has topped it this past year.

WingsOfPhantasy

Tomboy Agenda Symphathizer
I learned today that most Red Velvet Cookies/Cakes just shortcut the Red part by adding in Red Food Dye instead of mixing in buttermilk, vinegar, and cocoa powder which would create an acidic chemical reaction to get the red color.
And yes, Red Velvet w/Red Dye+Chocolate tastes somewhat different than Red Velvet w/Buttermilk, Vinegar, and Cocoa Powder.
I also learned that people work themselves over till their mouths are frothing over it, and honestly, I don't mind.
And while I did had to sit through a lecture about cakes and cookies, getting to eat it washed away most of my complaints.

Paul_Tromba

I learned today that most Red Velvet Cookies/Cakes just shortcut the Red part by adding in Red Food Dye instead of mixing in buttermilk, vinegar, and cocoa powder which would create an acidic chemical reaction to get the red color.
And yes, Red Velvet w/Red Dye+Chocolate tastes somewhat different than Red Velvet w/Buttermilk, Vinegar, and Cocoa Powder.
I also learned that people work themselves over till their mouths are frothing over it, and honestly, I don't mind.
And while I did had to sit through a lecture about cakes and cookies, getting to eat it washed away most of my complaints.
As a baker/cook myself, I too am disgusted. Using the red dye is just lazy and makes an otherwise amazing cake into a meh white cake with red coloring. Yeah, if I'm making a cake for a kid's party, I may skimp and use red dye but not if I want to impress people and show my baking prowess.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
My kid is 2 and he's smarter (and more coordinated) than most 3-year-olds. I kinda already knew that based on the CDC's milestone checklist, but now that we're going to parks every day, it's abundantly clear. My kid seemed to interact best with the 5-year-old we met yesterday. He's amazing with sharing his toys and giving toys back to other children after they've shared with him.

Paul_Tromba

My kid is 2 and he's smarter (and more coordinated) than most 3-year-olds. I kinda already knew that based on the CDC's milestone checklist, but now that we're going to parks every day, it's abundantly clear. My kid seemed to interact best with the 5-year-old we met yesterday. He's amazing with sharing his toys and giving toys back to other children after they've shared with him.
I'm glad that you have a kid as kind and capable as that.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I learned that @SailusGebel is not @Paul_Tromba as I had thought they were the same persons.
If they are one and the same, I think that he needs to go visit a psychiatrist for schizophrenia.

The lesson I have learnt today...

I got nothing. Other than the fact that I am still not into loli, still slightly okay with furry and still very horny for oneechan and OL types even though I am in my mid 30s.

Please don't fuck schoolgirls, man.

Tempokai

Overworked One
I learned about the quantum immortality and asked ChatGPT to write an essay about it. Here:

The trope of being "reincarnated into another world" is a popular theme in many works of fiction, particularly in the realm of fantasy and science fiction. This trope involves a character being transported from their own world to another, often through some form of magical or technological means. In many cases, the character retains their memories and experiences from their previous life, which allows them to adapt more quickly to their new surroundings.

One theory that has been proposed to explain this trope is the concept of quantum immortality. This theory is based on the idea that consciousness is a fundamental aspect of the universe and that it can never truly be destroyed. According to this theory, when a person dies, their consciousness simply shifts to another parallel universe where they are still alive.

In the context of the "reincarnated into another world" trope, this theory suggests that when a character dies in their original world, their consciousness simply shifts to another world where they are reborn as a new character. This new world is often vastly different from their original world, with different rules, cultures, and even physical laws.

One of the key elements of this theory is the concept of the multiverse. According to this idea, there are an infinite number of parallel universes, each with its own unique set of conditions and possibilities. When a person dies in one universe, their consciousness simply shifts to another universe where they are still alive. This process can continue indefinitely, as long as there are still parallel universes where the person has not yet died.

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
I have searched for critical points of New York's infrastructure which if damaged could paralyze the entire city and unleash chaos, along with damaging the bridges and tunnels that would be used for evacuation. In addition to creating a map of where an invasion of the city would come from and which points they would try to take. Along with a plan of counterattack in case something like that happened. I also made a map with all this information well explained.

It was for my novel, I wanted to make it as realistic as possible. But legitimately I think it got me on a police list.

Le_ther

This is a thread for people to share what interesting things they've learned today. It can be anything from introspective philosophy to finding out that you're not a normal person. I'll go first: Today I found out that not only do people think that eating garlic raw is weird, but I also found out that Taco Bell (Destroyer of colons and remover of 90's aesthetics) has been considered the healthiest fast-food restaurant in America for years and Chipotle has topped it this past year.
Well I've learned to day how to procrastinate when you got 5 tasks and the submission is tomorrow.

SailusGebel

Go do your work!

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
I learned that people getting all up in my business whilst behind me in a queue is really, really triggering. Mind my personal space, you bastards, and also learn the difference between feet and inches because I can assure you, next time you mistake it, my fist has a 5 foot range.

Paul_Tromba

I learned that people getting all up in my business whilst behind me in a queue is really, really triggering. Mind my personal space, you bastards, and also learn the difference between feet and inches because I can assure you, next time you mistake it, my fist has a 5 foot range.