What did you learn today?

DaisukeHanashi

Once a horny writer, now a happy writer
I learned about Polymorphism, Inheritance, Abstraction, and Encapsulation in Java Object-Oriented Programming.

Still learning more about GUI implementation, though, which is the most interesting part.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I learned that I still have to be on-guard about people invalidating my child's feelings at school. I managed to slip onto a campus and saw a sign today: “Why Yearbook? Because you’ll remember how much easier school was than a job.”

No, school is not fucking easier than a job. At least, that's not the case for everyone. Some people choose a difficult job because they enjoy challenges. Different types of work are more difficult for some people than others. Most children don't get a choice when it comes to going to school. They have to study things they find difficult and deal with difficult classmates. They don't get to search for another school that might suit them better. They have to beg and plead with their parents, and chances are that their parents will say no, so how the fuck is that easier? So many kids feel trapped at school, and telling them that things are only going to get worse is extremely rude.

2023-02-22_17-47-47.jpg

2023-02-22_17-48-45.jpg

chatgpt is quite interesting when discussing alternate takes in fiction

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author

Empyrea

Dense Writer of Lewd
Today I learned that I shouldn't write when tired. I use way too many "it" and "its".

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Today I learned that I shouldn't write when tired. I use way too many "it" and "its".
It may need more editing time but it's usually better because all your best/worst ideas can come out when sleep deprived.

K5Rakitan

I learned that I don't feel comfortable falling asleep in a beanbag chair . . . at least not while my kid is tugging on my nipples.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
TIL about the Latin poet Catullus of the Roman Republic era who is renowned largely for his blistering invective targeting anyone he happened to dislike at the time. i also learned that Latin profanity and obscenity is deep and profound in it's use, both directly and obliquely.

If you go to look up Catullus out of curiosity, then do so google his 16th poem (Catullus 16) and be amazed.

K5Rakitan

I made this stuff, and it works really well! I've been doing longer walks with the kid and retrieving his balls after he rolls them down the slide, and the magnesium clears up muscle soreness instantly. At least, it does for me.