What did you learn today?

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula

AlanDufran

I always like to learn something new. This way i feel like my life become full. And as a matter of fact my profession requires me to know many things, for example about nursing homeworks and other crucial things that can be relied to medical things. In my opinion we all need to be smart if we want to achieve something and in my case this also applies to helping people

Last edited:

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
Afaik if you render a GMO ingredient through an industrial process into something else it is no longer considered GMO
e.g. making sugar out of GMO beets

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
TIL in 1974 the US made Daylight Saving Time permanent with 79% public approval. Support dropped to 42% the first winter due to everyone waking up in darkness. It was repealed the next year.
Lots of people don't wake up that early anymore. For those who do, we've got sunrise alarm clock these days. Also, our lights use less electricity these days.

melchi

What is a custom title?
I learned that Ukraine was a three way battlefield between the ottoman empire, the Russian empire and the polish/Lithuanian commonwealth.

helgoka2

I'm learning how and what is different about online schools. What are their advantages. Ever since the pandemic began, I've been thinking about starting my own online school to share my knowledge. Now this has not lost its relevance, so I decided to give it a try. Especially since the existence of special platforms has greatly facilitated this task. So I started to cooperate with Kwiga and get to grips with all the aspects. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
At the Boston Tea Party, 340 chests of British East India Company Tea, weighing over 92,000 pounds (roughly 46 tons), were smashed open by the Sons of Liberty and dumped into Boston Harbour £9,659 worth of damage was reported by the company which is roughly $1,700,000 dollars usd in today’s money.

The specific teas were 240 chests of Bohea, 15 chests of Congou, 10 chests of Souchong (all black teas), 60 chests of Singlo, and 15 chests of Hyson (both green teas). They were produced in China