What do people do on class reunions?

LilRora

Mostly formless
As the title says, I want to know what and where happens on class reunions, cause I'm still in high school and if I would be doing something there it would be going home. Put simply, I need ideas less generic than what many jp novels and manga show (like, chatting idly, cause not much else seems to be happening most of the time).

For further context, the mc is a not very sociable girl (though she is not a shut-in, just doesn't like talking with people pointlessly) who is going to a class reunion party alongside her friend, who is more on the extrovert side. She's nineteen, so past the legal drinking age, and she lacks a forearm. Setting is similar enough to modern world that it doesn't change anything.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I was homeschooled. Holidays are the closest we get to class reunions. Though depending on which side of the family it is, we either discuss our plans for the next year or we pass around a bong.

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
As the title says, I want to know what and where happens on class reunions, cause I'm still in high school and if I would be doing something there it would be going home. Put simply, I need ideas less generic than what many jp novels and manga show (like, chatting idly, cause not much else seems to be happening most of the time).

For further context, the mc is a not very sociable girl (though she is not a shut-in, just doesn't like talking with people pointlessly) who is going to a class reunion party alongside her friend, who is more on the extrovert side. She's nineteen, so past the legal drinking age, and she lacks a forearm. Setting is similar enough to modern world that it doesn't change anything.
Mate, the point of class reunions is to see what everyone has been up to since graduation. Usually its five to ten years later. What the fuck are you gonna show after just ONE YEAR? if you already wrote the reunion is gonna happen, maybe make it an informal occasion like a meet-up at some popular area. A water or amusement park maybe. A mall. Someone's house.

If you dont have anything hard written and published, put it off until later.

If it were me, I'd definitely just write it as the classmates, who kept in touch via group chat, decided among themselves to all meet up. Not some school arranged event where the district contacts everyone on its own.

Would probably have everyone show up at a strip club and pass out pot brownies. Really spice things up 😈

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Drinking and chatting about what everyone has been up to is how those things usually go, and I don't see much of a reason that one would be inevitable, especially after such a short while.

So the central question is what makes you want to write a reunion in the first place.
Whatever should happen during or because of it is what you should start with figuring out how the rest should go down.

P00H

You talk to people you grew up with, are baffled at how 20 years has passed, remember back at the "good old days", talk about the old movies, songs, celebrities; who did what stupid thing, who had a crush on another... Stuff like that.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
We try to talk over the loud music, give up trying to talk, and start dancing like idiots.
Also, the cool rich kids are the ones organizing it, and they're charging quadruple what you expected the ticket price to be.

En_Arris

We try to talk over the loud music, give up trying to talk, and start dancing like idiots.
Also, the cool rich kids are the ones organizing it, and they're charging quadruple what you expected the ticket price to be.
The reunion market is rough.

i no longer connect to my old classmates at all.

so what i do is simply not attending them / not knowing they exist and just go with my daily life.

CubicleHermit

I don’t know any class reunion that you’d go to at 19. Normally it’s like a 30 and up thing, and activities are mostly just alcohol
10 year is usually a big one and for most people, that's late 20s. And yeah, mostly alcohol, and among the guys, a bit of a dick-measuring contest in terms of where people had gotten in their careers.

Homecoming at some schools is like a mini class reunion, but if they actually got into a college out of town I don't know of many people who'd actually go back to their home town for it a year or two into college. If the college was a commuter school or in their home town, I could see somebody going.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

Ai-chan's first class reunion was held when Ai-chan was 25. That's 8 years since Ai-chan graduated high school. While you can make class reunion happen after graduation, since there is no set rule on when class reunion should be held, it normally wouldn't be held that early. You'd have your classmates busy with college, working part time jobs and maybe trying to find out what they want to do with their lives.

In general, they'd be either far too busy or far too reluctant to join said reunion. For those busy with college, they'd be far too broke to travel back to their hometown just to meet their 'friends' who they'd rather not meet again, at least not so soon. For those working part time jobs, they wouldn't be able to get a day off just for a reunion, and they'd also be reluctant to meet people they'd just met a year earlier instead of, you know, making ends meet. As for those who are still trying to find out what they want to do, they'd also be reluctant to go to such reunions, as they have nothing to brag about.

Class reunions are held usually around 5-15 years afterwards. Ai-chan's mom had her class reunion 60 years later, some of the classmates are already buried and rested in peace. What people do there? Reminisce old memories, there's fun in recalling fond memories that you reconstruct years later with your friends help. You also tell people what's been going on with your lives, such as getting a job, getting married, having children. Or you flex on your superior prowess such as getting a new house, getting a sports car, buying a yatch, having a Forbes 500 company or in Ai-chan's case, brag about legally having a lesbian wife to Ai-chan's all-girls school classmates.