What do y'all think about school?

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
One form of a hell torture for me
As someone that has been in college since he was fourteen.

It something that needs extreme reform, and needs to stop pandering to peoples feelings, and teachers need to stop injecting personal politics into their classes, focus on completely unbiased education.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Yeah it kinda sucks I know.

But it also helped me because it forced me to interact with people that I wish not to know of and learn something called "planned schedule".

As in, follow the masses when you do something and it is not own time own target. Me being a lazy fuck means that OTOT is always tomorrow and I end up having a lot of busy tomorrows and empty yesterdays.

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
You will get over it. It's a tiny portion of your life. You have bigger and better things to get to once you've got that useless slip of paper.

Remember, it's not about what you STUDIED, it's about what you LEARNED, and not a lot of learning goes on in most school institutions. Personally, we'd all benefit from more homeschooling, but that's just me.

BlackKnightX

If we’re not talking about the time spent with friends and some good and practical knowledges, then it’s a total waste of times.

HappyVainGlory

It's an excellent tutorial stage to grind out your skills as best as you can if you know how to optimize your time and resources. Especially if you follow the walkthrough and learn all the exploits to start the main story over leveled. Of course, if you don't know the exploits, it's a serious drag. Especially since you can't skip the cutscenes and have to do all the mandatory story quests and arbitrary fetch quests.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Because my counselor thought I was smart. Now I spend 60 hrs. a week studying so I don't fail to meet people's expectations.

My social life is virtually nonexistent, because of college. But hey, at least I'll have a degree that will boost my starting pay!

Last edited:

EternalSunset0

No strong feelings, if we put everything together. Hated it as a kid, loved it as a college student because compared to the very strict upbringing as a child (Oriental family and all), college me had relatively free rein to do whatever I wanted like what I do with my money, my time, etc.

My uni also allowed students to organize their own schedule, so I was able to have a very healthy study-play balance. By no means was I a slacker or an irresponsible student, but I also never experienced all those "horror stories" of all-nighters, super stress, and such.

Grades ended up average, too. I mostly kept to myself in all those five years with the exception of people I played video games with, the anime club people, and tabletop game club members, so I also didn't experience any sort of those college nightlife or the sort. Unless you count card game/fighting game tourneys or D&D sessions that reach all the way to night. Probably also helped contribute to a overall decent life those years.

D

Deleted member 57675

Depends what level one is referring too. Let say for college. Depends on what you study. Some studies are easier but less pay/stability. Others are harder, but higher pay with the added stress. And then there's majors that are in between.

There are opportunities, but thats if you put yourself out there to use it. Advice is to always plan things out for yourself. Otherwise, you are unprepared and can easily just flow along whatever path recommended to you even if its not correct.

School system needs to update here. Half the time people complain bout it is bc its shitty to pay so much or only for circculm to be outdated/very little done to help prepare a student for once they get out of college and into workforce. Things that could be useful aren't taught. Feels like they just want stick as many classes to you to get you to take more classes with them, which means more tuition going into their pockets. Add to problems with enough seats for classes, policies, etc etc.

High school was a blessing when you look back to it once you start diving deep into college. It was boring but you don't have to pay for crap ass textbooks, working part-time to meet tuition and other needs. And that hs feels have most free time. But my time then is different than the time kids are in now; circculum changed for folks younger than me, but instead of teaching straight to the point, they teach complex ways to get you into critical thinking. Except its worker harder, not smarter and not helpful in retaining and learning useful info.

Redemit

Waste of time and money anything you could ever need or want to learn is readily available elsewhere for free the only reason why the school system continues to exist is as a daycare for parents because the government forces them to pay taxes for it making both parents need jobs most of the time and indoctrination

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Waste of time and money anything you could ever need or want to learn is readily available elsewhere for free the only reason why the school system continues to exist is as a daycare for parents because the government forces them to pay taxes for it making both parents need jobs most of the time and indoctrination
Indoctrination is the bigger part. Most countries still have school set up in similar ways as many decades ago- when schools acted as introductions to factory work. Desks in rows and columns, obedience training, etc. Tho I can say for sure that, at least in America, it's been slowly getting better. Finland tho... they got it right apparently

Generik0

I'd say my school is fun despite it's problems. It's the only way for me to meet individuals who have the same interests as me. I love my home more but I don't like the place outside of my home. It's filled with sour tiktokers and wannabe gangsters.

longer

Balls
I hope they abolish school

That's how much I hate it
Bro aren't you 14 or sum? Don't head down the dark path of hating school so much you either become a social reject or a drug addict.

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
i think school is a good place to met people and learn how to interact with them.

my only problem is, those school are under the impression that children intellect and capabilities can be measured and quantified. so they separate people by rank and stuff.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Bro aren't you 14 or sum? Don't head down the dark path of hating school so much you either become a social reject or a drug addict.
Or both. That's quite plausible.

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
... that's a bit too far now, ain't it? Did I give the impression of being an emo lord who loves drugs? :blob_facepalm: