What Do You Call This?

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
So I've been having issues with this, since I have no living or otherwise conversationally reachable examples I could ask.

So, so you have an uncle Johnny right? Then let's say that uncle has a first-cousin named Jenny.

So, if Johnny's your uncle...what is Jenny? A second cousin? Third cousin? An abomination?

D

Deleted member 29316

I think that's a third-degree aunt to you.

Edit: My bad. She's called a 'First-Cousin Once Removed', according to Quora. Once Removed part meant that she's one generation ahead of you.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
So I've been having issues with this, since I have no living or otherwise conversationally reachable examples I could ask.

So, so you have an uncle Johnny right? Then let's say that uncle has a first-cousin named Jenny.

So, if Johnny's your uncle...what is Jenny? A second cousin? Third cousin? An abomination?
at this point, you're better off calling her auntie. or close relative, if she's younger.

She's called a 'First-Cousin Once Removed', according to Quora. Once Removed part meant that she's one generation ahead of you.
fuck that bullshit imma call her a hag straightaway

Monk_Origins

When in doubt, all woman more than 15 years older than me goes to 'auntie' category. If not much older than me, then its 'sis'.

D

Deleted member 29316

at this point, you're better off calling her auntie. or close relative, if she's younger.

Well, everyone we don't know (or familiar with) within our family or relatives, we call them 'Aunt'. Calling her a 'hag' would make her take away the 'gift' (money) intended for you in Christmas.

Discount_Blade

Well, everyone we don't know (or familiar with) within our family or relatives, we call them 'Aunt'. Calling her a 'hag' would make her take away the 'gift' (money) intended for you in Christmas.
See? This guy is smart. Take notes kiddies, Hans here is going to help us all go places in life. If not, we'll just ice him and replace him with a better version.

Remember peeps....we're all replaceable according to our AI Machine Overlords.

Discount_Blade

Guess we're going with Aunt then. Kinda thought there was an exact term for it though.

D

Deleted member 29316

See? This guy is smart. Take notes kiddies, Hans here is going to help us all go places in life. If not, we'll just ice him and replace him with a better version.

Come on, what's the harm of calling them 'Aunt' when the 'gifts' are at stake?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I think that's a third-degree aunt to you.

Edit: My bad. She's called a 'First-Cousin Once Removed', according to Quora. Once Removed part meant that she's one generation ahead of you.
The bleeding f*ck is with once-removed? One generation ahead of me, so what? My granduncle I should call him twice-removed uncle?

If my 18-generation ancestor comes back as a vampire (pls no sparkle), I can call him what? My 18th removed uncle? Sounds like 18-Forbidden to me.

D

Deleted member 29316

The bleeding f*ck is with once-removed? One generation ahead of me, so what? My granduncle I should call him twice-removed uncle?

If my 18-generation ancestor comes back as a vampire (pls no sparkle), I can call him what? My 18th removed uncle? Sounds like 18-Forbidden to me.
I dunno. I just looked at it in Quora. But there are some people who use that term, apparently.

In my case, I just call her Auntie (or in Filipino, Tita/Tiya).

BenJepheneT

if you don't even know if this is the first Hans, how would you know if you're the first You?

BenJepheneT

Meception
Ourception