What do you do to get yourself in the mood to writing light-hearted stories?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45782
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45782

Not sure if I worded it correctly, but just curious.

Like for example, what do you do to set yourself in a mood to write a light-hearted/comedy/romance/fluffy scene or story?
What kind of music do you listen to?

My mood to write in certain genres depends on the music that gets stuck in my head and to what I currently feel. Sometimes the mood to write in certain genres can take a long while to shift into another mood for another genre. Like think seasonal sorta (weeks or few months) lol. So I'm wondering how do you propel yourself faster to shift gears into an entirely different genre focus?

I kinda want to move out of writing in the dark genre for a bit. I feel its pretty easy to write dark twists and get people's quick interest it. It sorta feels like writing in other genres may be bit harder. Not trying to specifically avoid the genre, but just want to change things up a bit and get some inspiration to write something more, light-hearted stuff sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

hauntedwritings

I agree that mood changes with music. That's why I have a playlist from only one band that I listen to while writing my current story.
I'm writing a story that (I think) contains the properties you mentioned. And apart from pure romance scenes, all of it comes down to the following.

- Take the piss out of everything.
I listen to an upbeat band that can help me not give a damn about the situation. Trying to have a romantic moment? Ruin it. Someone just made a mistake and are embarassed? Insert flirtatious lines. Listening to the same playlist keeps the emotion fresh, as long as it has enough songs not to make you bored.

Any writing project draws inspiration from somewhere, be it memories or something you can draw from in the present. I suppose you simply have to be selective with the feelings you wish to paint your new masterpiece with?

D

Deleted member 45782

You watch spongebob for 3 hours straight and feel your IQ plummet through the ground.
Maybe unpopular opinion...it just wasn't something I really liked to watch. Yeah the IQ plummet lol.

D

Deleted member 45782

I agree that mood changes with music. That's why I have a playlist from only one band that I listen to while writing my current story.
I'm writing a story that (I think) contains the properties you mentioned. And apart from pure romance scenes, all of it comes down to the following.
Maybe I should stick with few songs for certain stories. I do jump around to variation of different songs sometimes, so maybe its hard to get one feel down bc my mind is playing music that sets a different mood. I already feel like I burn a playlist into my head with the same music repeating until it fades away or my mind decide to change it up which it does quite a bit lol.

Any writing project draws inspiration from somewhere, be it memories or something you can draw from in the present. I suppose you simply have to be selective with the feelings you wish to paint your new masterpiece with?
Yeah. Probably.

tounokenja

Gyaru connoisseur
I read copious amounts of girls love manga before any romance scene. Yuri is the spice of life.

Reisinling

Taking a walk/running helps. Long time medium intensity exercise in general. Walking is nice because it also changes your location

D

Deleted member 45782

Taking a walk/running helps. Long time medium intensity exercise in general. Walking is nice because it also changes your location
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind - it'll probably help with other stuff too actually.

Ruyi

༺ aureate sect ༻

Like for example, what do you do to set yourself in a mood to write a light-hearted/comedy/romance/fluffy scene or story?

My mood to write in certain genres depends on the music that gets stuck in my head and to what I currently feel. Sometimes the mood to write in certain genres can take a long while to shift into another mood for another genre. Like think seasonal sorta (weeks or few months) lol. So I'm wondering how do you propel yourself faster to shift gears into an entirely different genre focus?

I kinda want to move out of writing in the dark genre for a bit. I feel its pretty easy to write dark twists and get people's quick interest it. It sorta feels like writing in other genres may be bit harder. Not trying to specifically avoid the genre, but just want to change things up a bit and get some inspiration to write something more, light-hearted stuff sometimes.
Kpop. Kpop is Queen, especially girl groups and their love songs. I made a boppy love playlist just for that purpose lol: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2OQqagr7ywY5pq4evM4yp2?si=22085b3e64ec4c36

EDIT: omg I just read that kakao m deleted songs from spotify b/c of some disagreement so some of the songs don't play anymore...ok but you can definitely make a YouTube playlist instead, those are BOPS~

Last edited:

Businesssn

Brick-San the god of wholesome hentai

I would like to know to

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
Watch and listen to the Lucky Orb music video with Hatsune Miku and you’ll be writing light hearted shit without even realizing it.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

Sleep enough. Don't get any stress. Play with the dog. Play with the cat. Don't let your husband ruin your mood. Sleep. Keep low stress for a week.

Then you're good to go.

D

Deleted member 29316

I listen to the music I like at the moment, regardless whether it is classical, metal, or happy Japanese music whose lyrics are about suicide.