What do you guys prefer while writing an isekai.

Types of setting

• An already setup setting

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Or making from scrath like most of isekai novels

Votes: 30 83.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 53101

Like, MC will think that all the girls will be attracted to him, but turns out women actually do have a free will and don't just fall for him.
This is the isekai story I'd like to read ... it's rare to see them nowadays. It's almost impossible to find Japanese isekai with that style. I remember some Chinese or Korean isekai(isegye) which not only has snail-paced story progression but also the characters there look like human and not some heroine horny thot who crave for beta MC's dick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agentt

Thighs
This is the isekai story I'd like to read ... it's rare to see them nowadays. Although it's almost impossible to find Japanese isekai with that style. I remember some Chinese or Korean isekai(isegye) which not only has snail-paced story progression but also the characters there look like human and not some heroine horny thot who crave for beta MC's dick.
Well, mine is third one of the series, and I am still writing the first one. So, wait for an year or two, I suppose?

BubbleC

Floating Idiot
I guess I’m going against the grain and saying I prefer set-up isekai. I’m not really into reading about the MC’s baby years as it can get slow and boring if it’s not written right or if it has a pretty basic “born as a noble in a fantasy world” premise. If the MC’s transmigrated/transported as a teen or adult, then I prefer seeing their shock to the new world.

Nymus

I just wanted to ask authors about their preference while starting a story.
  • An already setup setting (Like where MC has already lived in another world for a significant amount of time)
Or
  • Do you guys prefer to start the story from scratch, like MC growing up form the first day he/she was born in another world or something like that.
In my case, it depends.
I spent a good amount of time thinking about whether to reincarnate or transport my MC when I did my story. For quite some time I also laid out the story for reincarnation. But finally I realized a mistake in my thinking. If I want to let my MC have sex, I have to wait a hell of a long time at reincarnation or at least skip growing up several times.

So in the end it was a purely practical decision in my case.