What do you really want to become?

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Thought I'd ask because some don't stay long to become real authors because they are forced to become something else in the future... and well, because they don't have the guts to say they love writing. Some make writing a hobby; to cure their depression, to support their introverted selves, or to tell other people their story. But yeah, at the end of the day, it is unclear whether they'd want to become a writer because there are a lot of things people must learn and experience in order to blend in with the writing community, which makes it rather tedious - of course, there is another easy way, but the easy way tends to make you a writer with poor experiences... which can affect your story.... losing time and effort while destroying your title as a writer.

What do you really want to become? I ask! In the future, are you assured to become a writer and write your journey or someone's fictional journey to your readers? Or become a doctor who helps does who still deserves to live? Or a video game developer to create video games that people would love and enjoy? Tell me what your heart is trying to say, not from your parents nor friends nor your logical brain.

Motsu

Don't know.
image0-14.jpg

In any case, the future is unpredictable - making it even harder to decide because you never know that thing you've decided might not be what you'll become in the future. I guess that's why all of us get lost sometimes...

PhillisCreziles

﹤Once a Potato﹥
I want to become a video game developer and as well as a writer. It's what I love to do, and I would want to keep doing things that express my creativity with books and games as an adult.

BubbleC

Floating Idiot
A badass, rich, successful CEO with twelve wives, twelve Lamborghinis, twelve Siberian huskies, and underground connections to every mafia group and drug cartel across the country.

My parents say this is unrealistic, however, so I'll settle for broke and starving animator instead. (With connections to maybe one drug cartel at least?)

EternalSunset0

Nothing much. Just a guy with financial needs met and has all the time in the world to stay at home, play video games, watch anime, spend time on social media, and occasionally go hang out with friends to play card games, go to conventions/concerts, or watch a movie or two. I don't have a lot of ambitions in life. I just want to enjoy my time here to the max and not worry about things like work or money.

If I have to say something along the lines of being a writer, I guess being an actual LN author/webcomic artist would be great. It's a very long reach, but one can dream. Getting anime adaptations of my works would be amazing, especially if a decently-sized fanbase is there to buy the merch, fight over waifus, and make fan art.

Motsu

Nothing much. Just a guy with financial needs met and has all the time in the world to stay at home, play video games, watch anime, spend time on social media, and occasionally go hang out with friends to play card games, go to conventions/concerts, or watch a movie or two. I don't have a lot of ambitions in life. I just want to enjoy my time here to the max and not worry about things like work or money.

If I have to say something along the lines of being a writer, I guess being an actual LN author/webcomic artist would be great. It's a very long reach, but one can dream. Getting anime adaptations of my works would be amazing, especially if a decently-sized fanbase is there to buy the merch, fight over waifus, and make fan art.
A decent approach in life, indeed!

D

Deleted member 45782

• front end web developer
  • can program make own apps
  • sucessful traditionally published novelist
  • design Tshirts with phrases that sell

Most of these are unrealistic. Some are just during time when in a phase want to be creative. And unrealistic given way I am. I cant tell if something truly want or what I think is good but later turns out to be just something I don't like. The very last one ik that not really realistic, that was a hs idea. Anyhow gonna try to work towards the first one though. The rest eh.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I want to be a wife with four husbands. I have the first one. The others may take time, but I'm working on it. I probably won't get to have kids with all four; my biological clock is ticking too fast.

Motsu

I want to be a wife with four husbands. I have the first one. The others may take time, but I'm working on it. I probably won't get to have kids with all four; my biological clock is ticking too fast.

Okay, what?

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
I want to become happy...

Although if you ask what I wanted to become, I might say I want to be a farmer. I want to wake up, plant when the sun isn't up yet, cook using harvested ingredients and recipe from internet, watch anime and do hobbies at noon, sleep and repeat cycle...

D

Deleted member 52929

I dont know what the future holds for me in terms of the writing side of things, but when Im like 80 id like to be retired in the mountains somewhere, hopefully still doing something creative.

Kitsura

Not sure, My career and my hobby writing wildly diverge. One of them causes people to go to wars(Over waifus), and the other is working towards being a foreign policy advisor.

Maybe not so different...

But in all fairness, I've always wanted to be published but that's a side dream. Especially since I have to rewrite several portions of my novel. :P

Reisinling

• front end web developer
  • can program make own apps
  • sucessful traditionally published novelist
  • design Tshirts with phrases that sell

Most of these are unrealistic. Some are just during time when in a phase want to be creative. And unrealistic given way I am. I cant tell if something truly want or what I think is good but later turns out to be just something I don't like. The very last one ik that not really realistic, that was a hs idea. Anyhow gonna try to work towards the first one though. The rest eh.
Bwahaha. It's always funny when you see someone type the job you have, and you are depressed about as a thing they want to become. (Front end dev, though i'm more of a full stack I guess?)

I would like to finish my stupid game project. So that I can either succeed, and become full time game dev, or just give up and move on.

AsteroidTamer

Thought I'd ask because some don't stay long to become real authors because they are forced to become something else in the future... and well, because they don't have the guts to say they love writing. Some make writing a hobby; to cure their depression, to support their introverted selves, or to tell other people their story. But yeah, at the end of the day, it is unclear whether they'd want to become a writer because there are a lot of things people must learn and experience in order to blend in with the writing community, which makes it rather tedious - of course, there is another easy way, but the easy way tends to make you a writer with poor experiences... which can affect your story.... losing time and effort while destroying your title as a writer.

What do you really want to become? I ask! In the future, are you assured to become a writer and write your journey or someone's fictional journey to your readers? Or become a doctor who helps does who still deserves to live? Or a video game developer to create video games that people would love and enjoy? Tell me what your heart is trying to say, not from your parents nor friends nor your logical brain.
My heart says I don't have long to live so screw what people say I'm going to make it as an author no matter what, I legit don't even bother listening to my brain anymore the heart has taken over.