Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Typewriter

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Well, I also use typewriter (though my current one is broken) since it's where I learned powertyping.
Pictured: Hans doing his pre-writing routine

MajorKerina

Word Count Notes on iOS. It’s like notes from older versions of iOS which I used to use on an iPad but it’s easy for just taking down whatever. I typically just tell Siri to transcribe whatever I’m saying and that’s the fastest way to type. Once I need to edit something, it goes to the Scribblehub editor and MS Word along with Grammarly.

RynnTheTired

Pathological Sleepyhead
Mostly laptop, but I also added phone and paper.

My usual process is to write a chapter in Obsidian (which I like because I've developed a weird sort of quick draft/expanding outline method that uses the Markdown features). Then I copy it over to Google Docs, fix the formatting a little, and do a final editing pass by reading through it on my phone. Then I upload it to Royal Road, fix more formatting (horizontal lines really shouldn't be as complicated as they are...), and copy it over to Scribble Hub.

I use pen and paper once in a while when I'm stuck on a story problem. Something about writing by hand loosens up my brain gears and lets me untangle and develop my thoughts in a way that typing can never quite replicate. Maybe it's the magic of sparkly gel pens. :blobrofl: