What does the +quote function do...?

Lire

I Wanna Be, The Very Best. Like No One Ever Was!
I accidentally clicked a +quote function after I highlighted something. I was gonna press the [reply] thingy instead, but I fat-fingered...

This made me curious though, what does the quote thingy actually do? There was a pop-up thingy that said something about multi-quote? The f is that?

I'm new here and I'm just trying to figure stuff out.
As an add-on question, is there, like, a guide to using SH here...?

LilRora

Mostly formless
There was somewhere, I don't remember where tho.

Quote is basically used to do the exact same thing as the reply button, but multi-quote is useful because it allows you to save the quotes from different sources and paste them all at once into the message. It's not very intuitive at first.

How it works is that when you highlight something and press the quote, it adds what you highlighted to the bottom of the multi-quote list. When you have everything you want to quote, you click the "Insert quotes" button that pops up on the left next to "Attach files", then you get a pop-up where you can switch their order or delete them, and then you add them.

Edit: Mainly it's used to copy things from different threads, since reply works only on one thread (or profile).

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

1661072400428.png

1661072417599.png

1661072361759.png

1661072435328.png

1661072451531.png

1661072468845.png

|
|
|
V

I accidentally clicked a +quote function after I highlighted something. I was gonna press the [reply] thingy instead, but I fat-fingered...

This made me curious though, what does the quote thingy actually do? There was a pop-up thingy that said something about multi-quote? The f is that?

I'm new here and I'm just trying to figure stuff out.

Lire

I Wanna Be, The Very Best. Like No One Ever Was!
Thanks, everyone! I'm sorry for the late thanks, I didn't know you couldn't get forum notifs while I'm on the main site...
I spent the entire day thinking my post wasn't getting any answers. lol