What Element should my Mc use?

What Element should my Mc use?

• Total voters

RootBeerBert

Was definitely popular growing up
I’ve actually been making good progress climbing out of my hiatus hole and have almost got to the point where I can start updating chapters again. But I was curious on what element my Mc should use. She’ll primarily use Dark (or Yin) but I was thinking of having her use a secondary element. Since I can’t think up which ones I’ll look at everyone else’s thoughts and votes and decide.

Note: The elements aren’t limited to the uses listed they’re just the basic uses of the element

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
How about a space or void element? Or is it just limited to the votes?

PancakesWitch

These look pretty boring bro ngl. Give him some wacky nonsensical element like "War" and he can summon weaponry, or world war 2 german army soldiers to fight. That would be dope

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Space and void are apart of dark but I’m open to other elements for other characters in the story.
In that case I think coming up with unique was that space can harness itself into different powers would be more interesting than adding any of the elements.

space can be void of heat for instance, producing cold, or darkness can absorb all light as a black hole does and then produce heat.

it can crunch earth particles together and produce metals that are more dense. Have you ever heard of nuclear spaghetti? Exploring that would be more interesting than generic elements.

that’s just my opinion.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
I'd say it depends on your characters personality. Hotheaded? Use fire. Calm and strategic? Earth. Caring? Water. Quick witted? Air.

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
I've seen so many protags locked to these four elements so it's not as fun to read about them anymore. That being said, there's no problem with it. If it's only between the four of them, then wind or water would be my go-to.

RootBeerBert

These look pretty boring bro ngl. Give him some wacky nonsensical element like "War" and he can summon weaponry, or world war 2 german army soldiers to fight. That would be dope
The ones listed are basic elements anyone can use, the cool one are unique elements.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I always go for the healslut route because offense wins game, defense wins championship and healslut gets a cult for themselves.

There will always be DPS and tanks (ok, tanks are few unless masochistic) but healsluts are few and far because no one wants the guy who only lives by attaching to others. Also, people are assholes when they demand heals.

Sola-sama

Human Supremacist • African Warlord
What about element [Wisdom]? [Enslavement]? [Rule]? [Dream]? [Bio]? If those are too hard to incorporate, there's so many thing that can be derived from the basic four elements, such as [Metal], [Sand], [Lava], [Glass] or if your story have eastern component, [Paper] (*cough* Read or Die *cough*), [Ink] (Chinese mythology have a large amount of references using paintings), or the most basic of all, [Time].

RootBeerBert

What about element [Wisdom]? [Enslavement]? [Rule]? [Dream]? [Bio]? If those are too hard to incorporate, there's so many thing that can be derived from the basic four elements, such as [Metal], [Sand], [Lava], [Glass] or if your story have eastern component, [Paper] (*cough* Read or Die *cough*), [Ink] (Chinese mythology have a large amount of references using paintings), or the most basic of all, [Time].
Some of those elements would be Unique elements used by a select few while others could be derived from the basic elements like you said.

Sola-sama

Human Supremacist • African Warlord
Some of those elements would be Unique elements used by a select few while others could be derived from the basic elements like you said.
Cool.

If you want to have a greater amount of references, the anime Seikon no Quaser is all about fighting using the periodic table. The mc can control the element Ferron (iron), there are some that can use Chlorine, Argent (Silver), Aurum (Gold), et cetera.

Arkus86

Without knowing your story or MC, I would pair Dark with Ice most likely. Yin also seems to be associated with earth, besides cold and dark, so there's that as a natural option. If I was going for the contrast, I would choose Fire or Light.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

BlackKnightX

I always have a thing for wind element. It’s freakin cool when you can slice anything up just by a wave of your hand. Like the protagonist from Kaze no Stigma. He’s cool AF.

Macha

Not a Klutz
I’ve actually been making good progress climbing out of my hiatus hole and have almost got to the point where I can start updating chapters again. But I was curious on what element my Mc should use. She’ll primarily use Dark (or Yin) but I was thinking of having her use a secondary element. Since I can’t think up which ones I’ll look at everyone else’s thoughts and votes and decide.

Note: The elements aren’t limited to the uses listed they’re just the basic uses of the element
Surprise.