What Genre/Concept appeal to you?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Basically what the title says, what story/genre/concept/idea appeals to you the most? What would you like to see more on SH or just in general?

Ace_Arriande

weeb stuff
unironically, by the way, I want more weeb stuff because the fact that weeb stuff is the popular genre here is why I like this site over its competitors

Last edited:

D4isuke

Depressed Pervert who loves writing good smut.
Hentai... and everyone like that!

Especially Futanari (don't click this if you're below 18)

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
Okay for reals tho maybe some sci-fi? Idk. I like anything really. However, if the author is also an artist then that’s jus’ a bonus for me because I like art.

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
Psychological. I want to see more of the following themes: sacrifice, identity conflicts when reincarnating/transmigrating, self love, despair, hero failing for lack of support because people were waiting to be saved.

And comedy, light-hearted one.

Owl

Nervous writer
Psychological. I want to see more of the following themes: sacrifice, identity conflicts when reincarnating/transmigrating, self love, despair, hero failing for lack of support because people were waiting to be saved.

And comedy, light-hearted one.
I agree whole-heartedly. I love comedy as much as psychological themes if they're well done

Generik0

I dunno Sci-Fi genre with a bit of educational value.

Also Educational intrigues me so Hook me up if the topics are mentioned:

Medical
Neurological
Mathematical
Biological

That's it

LilithFairen

Light-hearted stuff with positive outlooks. And gay girls being cute together.

Daichi

Usually I am attracted towards tragedy, obsessive love and smut. You can say I am a sadist.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Tragedy— romanticism is one of my favourite type of storytelling. The gritty, dark world of realistic proportion with an ever so creepingly disturbing undertone of an out of context problem.

I also love insanely-determined characters, because they are the ones who did the impossible, did the unthinkable, and did the most insane things, even though it is down-right foolish because they held onto their belief——— They will suffer eternally for the sake of one glimpse of their illusionary hope.

There is a certain beauty in self-sacrifice for the sake of 'greater good', especially those kinds of "can quit any time, but if you continued to suffer for an eternity, you might have a small chance of meeting your lover again." suffering.

Absolute despair also works— a hopeless situation of having one's fate decided by an infinitely greater being at whims.

Lastly, I also prefer the dramatic irony that resulted in an unforgivable mistake, irreversible damage, or generally the sudden realisation of the tragic consequence from ignorance.

All in all, I want more permanence in the storyline— permanence loss, lasting consequence— they serve as a reason for the mistake, and also a progression of characters.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
I just want more aliens and androids and really anything Sci-Fi. But really I want aliens, aliens that aren't just humans with a new coat of paint, give em three legs, have them eat the males during there reproduction rituals, make them three times bigger than us or smaller then us I don't care so long as their not just weird looking humans. I mean for fucks sake the sky's the limit and you stop yourself at humans, that's lame as hell!
Totally not ranting here or anything.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
I just want more aliens and androids and really anything Sci-Fi. But really I want aliens, aliens that aren't just humans with a new coat of paint, give em three legs, have them eat the males during there reproduction rituals, make them three times bigger than us or smaller then us I don't care so long as their not just weird looking humans. I mean for fucks sake the sky's the limit and you stop yourself at humans, that's lame as hell!
Totally not ranting here or anything.
Ya know, I'm writing a story about aliens (despite the mc being a humanoid alien, her army of aliens are full-blown monstrosities), and I found that it is excessively hard to describe the image of an alien, especially their body part, without going full biology terms or going on a tangent. Also, I find going full-on gore /body-horror to be a perfect way to demonstrate how brutal and strange aliens could be.

Like, it took way longer for me to describe their appearance than their supposed screen time! :blob_catflip:

Zoey

Mustachu
Ya know, I'm writing a story about aliens (despite the mc being a humanoid alien, her army of aliens are full-blown monstrosities), and I found that it is excessively hard to describe the image of an alien, especially their body part, without going full biology terms or going on a tangent. Also, I find going full-on gore /body-horror to be a perfect way to demonstrate how brutal and strange aliens could be.

Like, it took way longer for me to describe their appearance than their supposed screen time! :blob_catflip:
That's a hard part about aliens in text based mediums, the readers won't fully understand what they look like unless you can provide a image.
Which is sad because I want more aliens

I want to see a love story between a man and his airbag.

and probably between a yandere yuri girl and her dead girlfriend turned ghost, where the ghost girl end up getting pregnant and they raised a cute family together.

don't ask me to write them, my backlog of projects is full atm.

and more of happy, cozy and funny stories in general, i guess.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Reverse harem, which is why I also write it and live it.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi