What Gets You To Favorite A Chapter?

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
Answer the question above folks!
I'm a greedy heart hogger, so I wanna know how to get more hearts. Tell me what gets you to favorite a chapter! Is it good writing, a reminder from the author, or do you just do it at random? Tell me so that I can grow my heart collection even more :0

I usually give favorites when I'm reminded by the author or when I finish a binge. If there are about ten chapters available and I've read all of them and liked them, I usually go back and spam favorite. But when novels go above 20 chapters, I sometimes forget to favorite any past chapters :blob_hide: I also binge on completed novels, usually to just thank the author or translator for their work.

Elim

For me its the chapters I really enjoyed or was well done. Otherwise reminders from author!

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
I'm a heathen when it comes to this. I never give hearts.

LostinMovement

how-could-you-be-so-heartless.jpg

kira

I really think you should rethink your I 'never give ❤s'... liking a chapter encourages the author and lets them know you appreciate their work. It doesn't cost you anything and usually means alot to the person who puts their ❤ into their writing for your enjoyment. Especially on SH where the authors aren't paid a little love goes a long way imo. Personally I feel so happy 😊 when I see a ❤

kira ❤😊😊

Last edited:

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
I have never given a favorite outside of voting for SSSC

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I barely read any novels these days tbh, so I haven't favorited anything because I didn't really use Scribbly to read much so far and I forgot the function existed as a whole.

I treat it as a Like button though, if I like the chapter, I favorite it. I just need to remember the function exists before doing it... >.>

Epsil

I just bookmark a good chapter on my bookmarks tab on chrome :blob_pout:

Dezel

Honestly, if I can make it to the end of the chapter without skimming anything and there was nothing particularly bad that stood out to me, I'll give a heart. I do the same in AO3 with kudos. Was it decent enough to provide me at least a bare minimum of entertainment for reading it? If yes, 💕.

nani

I binge read and if I feel it's deserving, I spam it with ❤. I will favorite every single chapter. The most chapters that I did this is 34 chapters. If it's over a hundred chapters I favorite the last chapter, leaves comments and reviews to make up with me not favoriting it.

But if the story is ongoing, I favorite the last available if I like it. So to get more favorites from me, usually the key is to not have too many available chapters because I just kinda binge read it. But you wouldn't want to leave your novel on hiatus hahaha.

LiquidCeil

Unfortunately, I treat it like a bookmark, especially if authors post comments and spoilers and things that I want to return to later. Idk. I wish we had more options as readers, where we could "earmark" pages personally, aside from liking it. Because I want to give the authors here some love. I'm going to be posting my own series soon, so I don't know how I will feel if/when I receive hearts. But I imagine it feels great. So I think I will probably bookmark things in a browser folder, and go on a love spree.

D

Deleted member 22388

I give hearts because there is one sentence that will always be special;
"I like you forever but that is just the surface of it."
See, is the sentence special?

Other ways is when the chapter makes me keep remember of that one funny joke
"I curve like the broken bamboo~" as she danced with fluid but with the sound of broken bones
(I would give 1 extra hearts to that, if there was an option)

And one last more(searching the content in my head)..................... ........
An intro to that character that you really like
-Whoa this guy has muscles and his a macho! Favourite!
Next few chapter later*
-My guy came! Favourite aha!

Idk that character could be anything especially if it was a side character.

Nanakawaichan

An intro to that character that you really like
-Whoa this guy has muscles and his a macho! Favourite!
Next few chapter later*
-My guy came! Favourite aha!

Idk that character could be anything especially if it was a side character.
I can relate this 😂
Whoaaa hot guy! Auto fav.
Whoaaa more hot guy. More fav.
Simply, send me a chapter with a hot guy, I will give you a free fav 😂

'cuz there's that epic joke i want to re-read, i guess.

if i favorite the chapter, it made it easier to go to that one.

but generally, i just give hearts whenever i feel like it. most of time, i'm too lazy to even bother.

though i also did that to my own chapters, especially those i find pretty fun.

ludagad

If I like the story, I'll heart all the chapters on principle.