What Good Thing Happened Today?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 πŸ‘ͺ πŸ’ Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I set up the string lights in my office.

K5Rakitan

I woke up with my alarm. The max volume on that thing is not satisfactory.

K5Rakitan

I woke up with my alarm again. I guess that's a sign I'm getting enough sleep and my body has adjusted to waking up earlier.

Jet

It actually happened on Monday, but I'm staggered still. And feel like bragging.

So, I've been going to the same gym for 11 years now. A pretty standard commercial gym near my home. I came to train on that day only to find the world champion and deadlift WR holder, Yuri Belkin, doing a shoulder press in the rack beside me... I mean, I'm no pro, just your average Joe. I've never participated in any tourneys or even seriously planned to. As weightlifting is just one of my hobbies. But I did, out of curiosity, watch several world championships and interviews. And, well, I was pretty certain it was him. I asked some instructors just to make sure, and I was right. That came out of nowhere. I had no idea the guy was in the country, much less in town. There are also gyms on every corner nowadays as you might imagine. I don't think my gym has ever had any national-level athletes, much less the world level. Heck, possibly top1 or at least one of the strongest living ppl on Earth in it. He gave me a handshake when I saw him on Wednesday YET AGAIN. I was told by instructors that he got a membership and will be coming regularly now... Such a bizarre appearance became quite a hot topic in the changing room obviously. I'm just proud that my gym got enough plates to accommodate if anything. Even though it does take him quite a tour to collect 'em all, it seems. Not sure if these halls had seen such weights being moved before, but I was mostly blown away by the too impeccable of a technique. The motion so fluid it's as if one gets born with that.

I guess, I'm more raring to train than usual. And wonder whether he'll be there today as well. Guess that dude basically lives in every gym he goes to. One of my mates stipulated that he got tired of ppl accosting him for an autograph, so switches between the lesser known venues now. I don't really know.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

I enjoyed some tea this morning.

K5Rakitan

I used my fine motor skills to repair one of my kid's fine motor skills development toys.

K5Rakitan

I decided to throw away the glossy recipe cards that always smudge when I try to write on them no matter what type of pen I use.

K5Rakitan

I made Christmas cookies with my son.

K5Rakitan

I looked at the CDC's milestones for 4 years. My son isn't even 2 yet, and he's doing this, except he consistently says, "Um," for yellow because he hasn't figured out how to make those sounds yet. I'm hoping he'll be in a talkative mood at his checkup when he turns 2 so I can show off:

D

Deleted member 54065

I looked at the CDC's milestones for 4 years. My son isn't even 2 yet, and he's doing this, except he consistently says, "Um," for yellow because he hasn't figured out how to make those sounds yet. I'm hoping he'll be in a talkative mood at his checkup when he turns 2 so I can show off:

Kids not talking under 2 years is still normal, or at least, that's what I was taught to. But they should be making baby noises 😁😍

K5Rakitan

Kids not talking under 2 years is still normal, or at least, that's what I was taught to. But they should be making baby noises 😁😍
Indeed, they should be trying their best to talk:

My kid's "red" is very clear now. "Blue" is reasonably clear, too. He makes a pig sound instead of trying to say "orange." Purple is "bdubadub." Green is "reen" and sometimes I can't tell if he's asking for "rain" on the white noise/alarm clock thingy, so I have to ask him to confirm what he's trying to say.

D

Deleted member 54065

Indeed, they should be trying their best to talk:

My kid's "red" is very clear now. "Blue" is reasonably clear, too. He makes a pig sound instead of trying to say "orange." Purple is "bdubadub." Green is "reen" and sometimes I can't tell if he's asking for "rain" on the white noise/alarm clock thingy, so I have to ask him to confirm what he's trying to say.
Ah, just like how my nephew would say 'mamam' for water and 'yed' for 'red'.

He can say 'baby shark' clear though, prolly because his mom always leave him in front of the TV.

Any case, an old prof of mine told us that to help them be articulate in their speech, we should minimize 'baby' talk to babies and toddlers, and instead talk with the right pronunciation. πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

melchi

What is a custom title?
I asked for a doll knight from an AI program and this is what it gave me.
clockwork knight with a shield and chain flail, doll joints, doll, armored dres s-1707661312.png