What I like and don't about SMT I so far

MisterEnigmatic

What I like:

- The music is slamming.
- Combat System.
- Story & Characters.
- Demon Negotiations.
- How you can make your own character build.
- How talking to a demon you own allows you to skip a battle and get free money/items.

What I don't like:

- Dungeon lay-outs are baffling.
- How in the fresh HELL are you supposed to know where to go? (Respect to those who played this without a guide.)
- The Encounter Rate is insane. (Thank you, whoever it was that told me to put points into Luck.)
- Demon Negotiations.

D

Deleted member 113259

What I like about SMT - Music (SEGA)
What I don't like - Everything else (SEGA)
Edit: Only since IV.

Zinless

How do I
Demon Negotiations is way too abstract in older SMT games. To the point it might as well be RNG.

One of my favorite SMT series, devil survivor, doesn't have negotiations, but it's still RNG based cause you need to win an auction everytime you want a new demon.

MisterEnigmatic

Bless your heart, my mate.

Because I think that I would be cooked without your advice.
Demon Negotiations is way too abstract in older SMT games. To the point it might as well be RNG.

One of my favorite SMT series, devil survivor, doesn't have negotiations, but it's still RNG based cause you need to win an auction everytime you want a new demon.
Yeah, it's crazy how random it is. Sometimes getting a demon is cake, and other times it's utterly impossible.

I heard some demons won't join you due to alignment, but I'm certain that most of my struggles don't have anything to do with that.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
i am not sure to what extent but the outcome of a demon negotiation is in part random

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft

You're gonna need this, man.

MisterEnigmatic

What I like:

- The music is slamming.
- Combat System.
- Story & Characters.
- Demon Negotiations.
- How you can make your own character build.
- How talking to a demon you own allows you to skip a battle and get free money/items.

What I don't like:

- Dungeon lay-outs are baffling.
- How in the fresh HELL are you supposed to know where to go? (Respect to those who played this without a guide.)
- The Encounter Rate is insane. (Thank you, whoever it was that told me to put points into Luck.)
- Demon Negotiations.
Add Dark Rooms to the Don't list. I'm going to pray that whoever came up with that does not see God.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I have only played SMT 3 Nocturne and thought it was possibly one of the best RPG's I've ever played. Everything from themes, story and the combat system.

I agree I didn't like the navigation and having to figure out where to go.