What if a heterosexual girl reincarnates/transmigrates into a Yuri Manga/Novel/Game?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26725
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 26725

Just don’t make a prompt of that girl gradually becoming a lesbian, because this is too cliche!

Last edited by a moderator:

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Well, it could be done as a Japanese harem style. There is a clique of obviously interested ladies but the MC instead of being wishy-washy is not interested but unable to convey her feelings. Ergo hijinks in her private life with her girl-friends sabotaging her attempts to score a man/date/one night stand.

Add in a necessity of the clique - for example, the enamoured girls are members of the party necessary to defeat the big bad. So MC can't just brush them off and needs to maintain contact and you have hundreds of rom-com chapters just from that alone.

Mephi

If she was 100% het and transmigrated, then she'd... probably get confessed to a few times, turn down the confessions, and try to find a guy when she wanted to date.

In other, similar stories, the role of the transmigrator isn't as a love interest, but rather as a problem solver (or generator) for the issues the other LGBTQ couples encounter. Usually political troubles of some kind. For example, I remember reading a story where a princess was a transmigrator into a yaoi story, and her brother, the crown prince heir, had a gay lover. In the original, pre-reincarnator story, the princess promised to give her child up to become the prince's son. The reincarnator refused to give up her child, and this caused problems revolving around the kingdom's heirs.

Honestly, if we're dealing with a heterosexual reincarnator into a yuri/yaoi/whatever story, the yuri/yaoi part is pretty meaningless for the most part. Because the story focus will always turn away from romance and focus on other things. Mystery, politics/psychological, action. The genders matter only so much as the inability to have a biological child, and even then, you could just genderswap part of the couple, but make them infertile, and have the same problems.

sereminar

Oh there's a ton of great potential here.

I think one pitfall to avoid would be the "predatory lesbian" trope though as it pushes harmful ideas. Plus, given that it's a yuri story-verse there should be loads of other people for any given 'bian to be attracted to. Though there could be a character which ignores boundaries, it should probably be treated seriously and not as a joke (there are predators in every sufficiently large group).

Mc could spend some/much of the story re-examining her beliefs and prejudices about lesbians. Lots of fun, stumbling into couples making out, or getting hit on etc. and how her reaction changes the longer she's around them and if she gets more comfortable or not.

Could be used as a fun intro into a specific lesbian subculture from an outside perspective. Whether it is Japan's, or Tokyo's specifically, or the authors local area, or even what it's like in rural areas.

Could have the mc really start to experiment with her style as she is surrounded by other people who might express themselves differently. Clothing, hair, etc.

Could have the mc re-examine her relationships with men as she sees the different ways that couples handle things like: communication, chores, pleasure, hierarchy. (Fun scenes like: "you have had many orgasms last night?!")

I know some straight women who went through a questioning phase who realized that yah, they were straight, but really valued having a safe and supportive community while they figured it out. And the realization that there are other options, even if they don't take them, is nice instead of just blindly following expectation. That is an identity they chose to don, rather than one forced onto them. (I didn't phrase that too well, sorry)

she could be adopted as a kind of token straight mascot character for her friend group. With goofy scenes like "I don't only hang out with my exes and nextes, see mc here's straight as can be!" (No I have no idea if people actually use the word "nextes" please don't judge)

I think early on there could be the painfully common
[Mc] "your gay? Well that's fine as long as you don't hit on me."
[Lesbian] "don't worry you're not my type"
[Mc] "what's wrong with me?!"

It could be that mc accidentally gives off strong lesbian vibes. Because -insert reason here- and she is totally oblivious, and the terrible that causes. The reasons whole of course be highly context/culture dependant, lesbian culture and style of course varying massively between locations and time.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Just don’t make a prompt of that girl gradually becoming a lesbian, because this is too common!
Well first off, they rape her. Scarred and traumatized by the aftermath she takes up a giant club known as Womanizer and seeks vengeance upon her enemies. She travels the world in search of them, shoving her massive club into their gaping holes and allowing them true knowledge of what it means to be a woman.

She eventually meets a ruggedly handsome man named Ragnar Bjornson, a Northman from half the world away. His calm understanding and non-pitying eyes are a comfort. His tree-trunk like arms a welcome distraction.

Together they travel, each with a quest of their own. Love ensues. But they must part ways. And then...betrayal strikes.

The Nords, his own countrymen, have come to invade Northumbria to rape and pillage. As Ragnar rides to warn his friend Queen Ericka about the impending dangers he is intercepted by his brother, Floki, and struck down. Bea, months later after completing her revenge, catches wind of his demise.

Pain. Like a knife to the chest. She wails, her cries cutting through the heavens as she promises to end Floki's life.

She will impale him upon her club. He, too, shall know the pains of a woman...

LilTV1155

Well first off, they rape her. Scarred and traumatized by the aftermath she takes up a giant club known as Womanizer and seeks vengeance upon her enemies. She travels the world in search of them, shoving her massive club into their gaping holes and allowing them true knowledge of what it means to be a woman.

She eventually meets a ruggedly handsome man named Ragnar Bjornson, a Northman from half the world away. His calm understanding and non-pitying eyes are a comfort. His tree-trunk like arms a welcome distraction.

Together they travel, each with a quest of their own. Love ensues. But they must part ways. And then...betrayal strikes.

The Nords, his own countrymen, have come to invade Northumbria to rape and pillage. As Ragnar rides to warn his friend Queen Ericka about the impending dangers he is intercepted by his brother, Floki, and struck down. Bea, months later after completing her revenge, catches wind of his demise.

Pain. Like a knife to the chest. She wails, her cries cutting through the heavens as she promises to end Floki's life.

What did I just read?

This sound like a misogynist's violent angst fantasy and seriously, why R8? Why, especially for both genders, why?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
What did I just read?

This sound like a misogynist's violent angst fantasy and seriously, why R8? Why, especially for both genders, why?
Cuz rape fetish, that's why. Also I just got done binging Vikings, so its a Northumbria setting andnthats finaly.

I dunno why you say miso tho. If it were misogynistic I wouldve had her raped by Ragnar and his brother. But it was by women. So really its.feminism.

LilTV1155

Cuz rape fetish, that's why. Also I just got done binging Vikings, so its a Northumbria setting andnthats finaly.

I dunno why you say miso tho. If it were misogynistic I wouldve had her raped by Ragnar and his brother. But it was by women. So really its.feminism.
About that. It's the tone of your plot and the way violence is aimed at.

Sorry.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
About that. It's the tone of your plot and the way violence is aimed at.

Sorry.
Well to be fair that read more like a summary. I like darker themes and sexual assault and death of loved ones does that. Usually if I do make a story with dark themes I make male character be sexually abused as kids. Not girls or women. I dunno why. I'm probably sexist. I give few fucks about my own gender lol.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
She's straight in a yuri novel? Ai-chan can assure you she won't be straight for long, especially if she's Japanese. Even if she's not forced by predatory lesbians, she will eventually give up her resistance and embrace the norm.

Why? Because Asians are conformists, when you're not part of the crowd, you stick out and unless you're rich, respected or influential, sticking out is the worst thing that could happen to you. You will suffer a lot of abuse, insults, attacks and if you were to be attacked for being different, nobody will help you. While human empathy may make some defend you as a fellow human being, the majority will group together and say, "She deserves it".

This is what happens when you don't attempt to conform. Not conforming to the crowd makes you a target and a victim. If she gently refuses to be a lesbian and being polite about it, most people will just leave her to herself. People will distance themselves from her, but that's not too bad. If she outright refuse and being rude about it, she'd be a dead girl walking, and the state will support it.

Don't believe Ai-chan? You can google search 'nur sajat'. She's a MtF transgender who wore girls clothes in public. You ask what's the problem, right? The problem is she went out of her way to fight the system. As a result, she now has a court order and a manhunt was organized just because she wore girl's clothes in public. Now, that is not to say that all MtF who wore girls clothes in public are arrested. Men can wear girls clothes in public, and nobody cares. The problem was, she flaunted it in defiance of the community, and the community doesn't like that.

Pontan

The NTR Diety has spoken.

AlfonzoM6

Well, it could be done as a Japanese harem style. There is a clique of obviously interested ladies but the MC instead of being wishy-washy is not interested but unable to convey her feelings. Ergo hijinks in her private life with her girl-friends sabotaging her attempts to score a man/date/one night stand.

Add in a necessity of the clique - for example, the enamoured girls are members of the party necessary to defeat the big bad. So MC can't just brush them off and needs to maintain contact and you have hundreds of rom-com chapters just from that alone.
And what if the world is super yuri's, where somehow only a about 30% are straight, so she manages to convince them to get a guy so she will get together with them, but somehow hetero harems are even rarer than normal hetero groups and just plain yuri/yaoi harems, plus lots of convincing tomboys and femboys, but even worse the rate of a Male with female harem since female with male harem is greater

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
If she don't turn gay why make her transmigrate into a yuri story? Unless the heroines are rapists or stalkers, the yuri piece of setting will stop being relevant very quickly.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off

lol wtf.

Leti

If she was 100% het and transmigrated, then she'd... probably get confessed to a few times, turn down the confessions, and try to find a guy when she wanted to date.

That's exactly what I'd do except rather than find a guy, I'd focus on re-establishing the Soviet Union instead. It's easier than repairing a broken heart. It's not like the guy I wanted to date is interested in girls anyway.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation

This was like a concentrated fever dream. But, for a self-proclaimed NTR deity, this lacks NTR

Mephi

She's straight in a yuri novel? Ai-chan can assure you she won't be straight for long, especially if she's Japanese. Even if she's not forced by predatory lesbians, she will eventually give up her resistance and embrace the norm.

Why? Because Asians are conformists, when you're not part of the crowd, you stick out and unless you're rich, respected or influential, sticking out is the worst thing that could happen to you. You will suffer a lot of abuse, insults, attacks and if you were to be attacked for being different, nobody will help you. While human empathy may make some defend you as a fellow human being, the majority will group together and say, "She deserves it".
While true in real life, we're talking about light novel transmigrators. They're the definition of asian anti-heroes, because they get to be selfish non-conformists and live for themselves. Its why "villainess" novels are so popular, despite the fact that 99.9% of these so called villainesses aren't villainous at all. Its why so many of the male anti-heroes always say something like "I'll live as I want!"

Some people, when suddenly thrust into a new culture, happily cast off their old (perceived) cultural shackles that rankled.

On the flip side, though, the chances of any girl (or guy) actually being 100% heterosexual is actually smaller than you'd think. So, someone who identifies as straight has a very high likelihood of discovering new aspects of their sexuality in yuri/yaoi worlds.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26725

You’re really a cruel sadist!
While true in real life, we're talking about light novel transmigrators. They're the definition of asian anti-heroes, because they get to be selfish non-conformists and live for themselves. Its why "villainess" novels are so popular, despite the fact that 99.9% of these so called villainesses aren't villainous at all. Its why so many of the male anti-heroes always say something like "I'll live as I want!"

Some people, when suddenly thrust into a new culture, happily cast off their old (perceived) cultural shackles that rankled.

On the flip side, though, the chances of any girl (or guy) actually being 100% heterosexual is actually smaller than you'd think. So, someone who identifies as straight has a very high likelihood of discovering new aspects of their sexuality in yuri/yaoi worlds.
Though not that type of transmigrators…

Last edited by a moderator: