What If Our Universe Is an Atom?

Lord_Drakonus

Connoisseur of Degeneracy
I had a shower thought today, and boy was it mind-blowing. What if our universe is an atom of a larger universe? Even crazier, what if our universe is a quark? Or even a preon of a larger universe?

Isn't it crazy how sub-atomic particles have this empty distance between each other? Empty distances that have literal nothing in them, meaning, we're all made up of empty space with matter in-between.

So what if the empty space outside of our universe represents that distance? Wouldn't that mean that our universe is some kind of a sub-atomic particle inside of a bigger universe? If so, then wouldn't the end of our universe be something like the decay of a sub-atomic particle?

And if you think about it, doesn't this mean that a quantum universe is possible? And inside that quantum universe exists another universe, and another, and another. An infinite amount of universes inside of universes.

So then what about parallel universes? If there are parallel universes, then wouldn't that mean that the parallel universes exist inside of a bigger universe and contains smaller universes?

Am I going insane or am I into something?

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Meh, I think thats a common thought when thinking about the universe being an atom thing as I'm more scared knowing that we are mostly just in a tube and just dreaming about everything and when we die, we wake up to a dark and gory world where we are basically just food fod the higher beings and those that awaken are proven to be useless after sucking all the entertainment outta us and now going to be converted into meat paste and as food.

there's also a theory that we are just dead and are slowly relieving our lives and the 'forsight' people have are just cases where we had tapped into our dream state and trying to change our deaths when its already meaningless.

I can explain this in a more proper way but as the effects of snorting fruit powders are currently running out, it might be time to get some rest for today....

MoodyFoxCat

I had a shower thought today, and boy was it mind-blowing. What if our universe is an atom of a larger universe? Even crazier, what if our universe is a quark? Or even a preon of a larger universe?

Isn't it crazy how sub-atomic particles have this empty distance between each other? Empty distances that have literal nothing in them, meaning, we're all made up of empty space with matter in-between.

So what if the empty space outside of our universe represents that distance? Wouldn't that mean that our universe is some kind of a sub-atomic particle inside of a bigger universe? If so, then wouldn't the end of our universe be something like the decay of a sub-atomic particle?

And if you think about it, doesn't this mean that a quantum universe is possible? And inside that quantum universe exists another universe, and another, and another. An infinite amount of universes inside of universes.

So then what about parallel universes? If there are parallel universes, then wouldn't that mean that the parallel universes exist inside of a bigger universe and contains smaller universes?

Am I going insane or am I into something?
Insanity is but a word, paradox is more of a statement.

Nuff said here...

D

Deleted member 49654

Does it matter? Even if it is, and you somehow learn it, then what? This is too big of a scale for humans to think about right now (or probably ever).

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
Same proposition as yours but with universes trapped in relic black holes.

look at all those meme forever trapped in a parallel, unreachable universe :blob_teary:.

TL;DR: Black holes evaporate via Hawking radiation, but we don't know what happens when it's within Planck sizes. Supposedly, they might stay forever which would solve the problem that quantum information shouldn't be destroyed. But those black hole are too small to contain all the quantum information. A possibility would be that space inside the black hole are inflated, creating new universes inside those holes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jet

AryaX

I don't think we're living in the Men in Black movies...

And also... As I see it... Only the >>indivisible<< building blocks truly exist, whatever they might be... particles, fields, strings ? spacetime ? whatever... but whenever you're dealing with something that can be divided into its components, you're dealing with a conceptual object... a group or a configuration that your mind has conceptualized as an object, and which only "exist" in your own head...

So... "atoms" don't really exist... Neither do protons or neutrons... or molecules, cells, organs, organisms, etc... or rocks, mountains, planets, stars, galaxies, etc...

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
The idea is so cliche I don't even want to waste as much as a minute to entertain it

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
Wow, what an amazing observation. An incredible philosophical thought that will be pondered for hours to come.

Okay, break times over. Back to reading gender bender harems!

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
[Log] System Loading...Complete
[Log] Recording Epiphany...Complete
[Log] Contacting Administrator...Connection Established
[Log] Ascension Acknowledged
[Log] ADMIN: "Welcome to the Higher Plane, User."