What if your spouse is actually a dullahan?

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
How would you go on Parent/Teacher Conference? Show/Tell? Will your kid say "My mom/dad is a floating head!"

On dates, will you just bring their head if the body is sick due to fever?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
How would you go on Parent/Teacher Conference? Show/Tell? Will your kid say "My mom/dad is a floating head!"

... Yanno... That's the kind of random thought that I would never think of by myself...

Anyways, assuming Dullahans exist, I'm also going to assume that supernatural beings' existence is either common knowledge, or at least something that certain circles know about.

In that case, we'd either behave normally because people would treat it as normal, or we'd avoid going out in public outside of our usual circles~

Should be manageable either way~

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Anyways, assuming Dullahans exist, I'm also going to assume that supernatural beings' existence is either common knowledge, or at least
Yup, think about it this way... They are integrated into our society and they even have their own embassy lol.

... Yanno... That's the kind of random thought that I would never think of by myself...
Did i freak you out somehow xD

In that case, we'd either behave normally because people would treat it as normal, or we'd avoid going out in public outside of our usual circles
Interesting...

AliceShiki

Yup, think about it this way... They are integrated into our society and they even have their own embassy lol.
Well, in that case I would just go out with my husband normally, and I guess our kids would say that their dad is a dullahan and that would be that~
Did i freak you out somehow xD
Nope, though it was definitely unexpected~

Jemini

Well... technically speaking, if they are your biological parent then they would have to be a headless body, not a floating head.

For the record, a Duliahan in traditional lore referred to the body and they carried their head under their arm.

EDIT: (If you want to go to the REALLY traditional lore, Dullahans have an immense aversion to being watched, and will physically assault anyone who looks at them. In a good case, they will throw a vat of chicken blood at you. In a bad case, they will gouge your eyes out with a whip made from a human spine.)

Mechaphobic

I would find a cooler mom, a dullahan is such a boring type of undead. Why not something neat like a balor?

Jemini

Dullahans are actually not considered an undead. Not in traditional lore anyway. They are considered faeries.
(Response to the "wow" reaction this comment got.)

You think that's good, you should look up the traditional lore on Banchees. That's going to be even more mind-bending. They are actually considered guardian spirits in Irish lore. The screaming and whaling that is supposed to precede a person's death is the Banchee sensing the impending death of the person they are guarding, and they are so stricken with grief that the people in the physical world can hear her mourning cries.

vzymmer

The question was so random I had to think about how to respond but, assuming my waifu was a dullahan.
I'm just gonna take inspiration from the anime 'daily lives of monster girls'.
The dullahan there was cute and said she likes her head to be gently carried so that's what I'mma do if were dating.

AliceShiki

Thanks, but that requires to be... you know... actually social. :sweating_profusely::blob_pat_sad::blob_no:
Well... Try your best!? xD

>.>
<.<

*found 3 different boyfriends just by being social online even though I stay home everyday offline*

You never know! Maybe you'll find that one special person! \(^^)/