What if your spouse was actually a conglomerate's son/daughter

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
Well, it depends on the circumstances. For example, his/her parents might not be willing to giving him/her parents are not yet willing to give him money.

Perhaps there's a trust fund set up for him until he reaches certain milestone at work, to make sure he will manage their money well.

I would understand that.

But if that other person was actually rich, and there wasn't anything preventing from using the money, I would probably be pretty pissed and would also yell at them... A lot...

That would be such a deal breaker, at least for me...

Silver_Sky

I think it comes down to the time you were in this relationship with them, if they were living with you, and can they get the money easily etc. etc.

Lord_Drakonus

Connoisseur of Degeneracy
It depends. If they're a conglomerate's child, then that doesn't always mean that they're rich, it only means that their parents are rich. If they are rich themself, and were just hiding it from me, then I'd beat some sense into them.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
WTF, Male!?! We could have had both of my boyfriends move in with us during the pandemic. We could have had our groceries delivered to our door instead of you going out to risk your life to use that EBT card. Seriously, What. The. Fuck.
Do you LIKE ripping off the government when we don't need it, or are your parents really that stingy?
*We actually lived in a one-bedroom apartment for over a year and received CalFresh and WIC benefits. The cost of my prenatal care and birth was entirely covered by MediCal. We lived in a pretty nice neighborhood, though. I would not call our one-bedroom apartment rundown, either. We had a very nice kitchen with a pantry, loads of closet space, a balcony . . . pretty much my only complaint was that the bathroom didn't have a vent fan, so we put a small fan in the bathroom window. We didn't have an air conditioner either, but that was more Husband's complaint than mine. He's a princess about his temperature control, so he got a portable air conditioner for the bedroom window. Then, when I found out my gestational diabetes test strips had to be kept within a certain temperature range, I was grateful for the air conditioner.

Last edited:

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
I mean, I'd probably be upset if they completely hid it, but I'd at least listen to their reasons. But like, if we were actually in a bad situation, like as stated, where we were in a bad neighborhood, poor housing, couldn't get food, etc. and they still didn't even mention it as an option, it'd probably be worse. If they didn't use it for their own personal use though, I'd probably not be as bothered as it could be a case of wanting to not rely on their parents, but in that scenario I'd still like to know that we have such a safety net if our financial situation really falls so far.

K5Rakitan

Also, one of my boyfriends almost moved in with us because that one-bedroom apartment had a large living room that we weren't really using. The bedroom was huge: 14' by 11' or 15' by 11' if you count the closet. The living room was 20' by 11'. My boyfriend got a new job and was going to pay half the rent while we paid the other half and 100% of the utilities. However, he found out that his parents expected him to pay back some money that he owed them, and they were still offering him free rent, so that deal fell through.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Why not? I know that she may not have trusted me or did not feel like revealing it and I would feel slightly bad but...I can't blame her if I had been hiding stuff from her too. Like my legendary stash or that skeleton in the closet you know...err literally.
I guess it also depends on the context where I get to know the circumstance. It is like the woman coming on the initiative to say "I am pregnant" than finding out 3 months later that her tummy started to swell on your own accord.

K5Rakitan

We were initially planning to move into the one-bedroom apartment with a formerly homeless friend of mine who started living in my parents' garage. However, my friend found out that they needed to run a credit check on him, and he chickened out of the deal, so we wound up paying that very expensive rent all by ourselves.

K5Rakitan

We moved out of my parents' place because my parents hired a contractor to build an ADU in their backyard for us, and they needed to knock down part of the wall of the main house during construction.
We're going to pay rent to my parents now, but for the first few months, they're going to let rent slide since we bought the refrigerator, closet rods and closet shelving, curtain rods, some other things that are probably slipping my mind right now, and Husband did a lot of work on the place.

Daitengu

Considering I know, and know of, people with rich parents I'd just want to know which side is the dick.

I know of a person who was booted out of their family home because the father accepted that his new lover wanted nothing to do with his old kids.

I know of an absolute Karen who was disowned by her family. She's always bitching about money, an alcoholic, and can't keep a job because Karen.

I also know a guy who calls his rich parents sociopaths and would rather die homeless than deal with people who consider their own workers as slaves and wrings as much cash out of them as possible.

K5Rakitan

The construction people did a sloppy job on a lot of things, and we spent the first month here fixing a bunch of their fuckups. Well, Husband fixed things while I held my nipple in Baby's mouth. Sometimes, I helped Husband hold something he was screwing. Speaking of screwing, we've only screwed once since we've moved in here. I'm 99% sure that my parents have screwed more times than we have since we moved in here. I've been spending my free time buying curtains and things online.

Also, to get the new place to pass inspection, we had to install some ridiculously sensitive, ridiculously expensive breakers. We spent a few weeks tearing our hair out every time a breaker blew before Husband installed some cheap ones, and after that, everything was just fine. If you ever move into a new place, keep in mind that your local building codes might be BS, and you might need to make some modifications.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk!
Considering I know, and know of, people with rich parents I'd just want to know which side is the dick.

I know of a person who was booted out of their family home because the father accepted that his new lover wanted nothing to do with his old kids.

I know of an absolute Karen who was disowned by her family. She's always bitching about money, an alcoholic, and can't keep a job because Karen.

I also know a guy who calls his rich parents sociopaths and would rather die homeless than deal with people who consider their own workers as slaves and wrings as much cash out of them as possible.
Reminds me of some shit my ex told me about his sisters getting all the money after his parents died. I'm sooooooo glad I'm an only child!

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Mmmmmmm... We'd just need to talk about it I guess?

I mean... I have no clue why they'd keep that hidden away from me, so we'd need to talk about it and I'd try understanding it.

... It would be kinda weird though, I mean... We'd already be living together and they still would have been unable to tell me about their money (or their parents')? That feels like something that should have been told way earlier on... Overall, this just felt weird to me~

But I don't think I'd get too caught up on it, I'd just try asking why they took so long to tell me about it~

Last edited:

Aaqil

Cookies!
Mmmmmmm... We'd just need to talk about it I guess?

I mean... I have no clue why they'd keep that hidden away from me, so we'd need to talk about it and I'd try understanding it.

... It would be kinda weird though, I mean... We'd already be living together and they still would have been unable to tell me about their parents? That feels like something that should have been told way earlier on... Overall, this just felt weird to me~

But I don't think I'd get too caught up on it, I'd just try asking why they took so long to tell me about it~
how would you deal with them being rich and yet you live in a dangerous neighborhood in an impoverished house?

:blob_cookie: