What inspired you to write?

Nakakure

it make my world expand, like just now i know the writer of Madoka Magica take inspiration from Kamen rider Ryuki when he write Madoka and he also write scenario for Kamen rider Gaim or Killa kill writer also write scenario for Kamen rider Fourze.

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
it make my world expand, like just now i know the writer of Madoka Magica take inspiration from Kamen rider Ryuki when he write Madoka and he also write scenario for Kamen rider Gaim or Killa kill writer also write scenario for Kamen rider Fourze.

Power Puff Girls was inspired by Dexter's Laboratory, particularly DeeDee and her friends.

Spinoffs and spinners are two different fads. 🌪

"Were they lying when they said joining the basketball team would make me popular?"
"It's not like that. Whether or not you play basketball, you'll never be popular."
(Kuroko no Basket s2 e20 (e45))

D

Deleted member 45782

Is it okay to respond after so long? Don't wanna make a thread that has already been made before.

Well I daydream a lot. And what started into writing was bc those story ideas come at night just when about to sleep, which kept me awake for another good chunk of time before sleep. Didn't really think I was a writer type, that is more my sibling's style. But ideas keep popping up so dumped them into writing prompts then decided give poetry a try then short story challenge here or there got a taste of writing maybe longer stories, and after a few platforms and stuff, now here.

Flashwolf96

As for me, if it's about why I started writing, then I'd say it's because I was bored and didn't have much else to do in my childhood. Growing up as a latchkey kid, I wasn't the type who often went outside and remained pretty sheltered along with my older brothers. That led to a lot of reading, which naturally led to an interest in writing. My early stories were terrible of course, but my brothers and I had fun making them regardless.

Now if it's about why I continued writing after that, then it's a bit more complicated. My home life has always been pretty messy, and as a result I developed a plethora of anxiety disorders and basically became a shy, awkward loser early on (a stigma which has unfortunately plagued me to this day :blob_melt:). Adding onto that, I was a really, REALLY chatty kid in my youth, often being considered an annoyance and needing to be told multiple times to shut up by the people around me until it kind of "clicked" one day and I started being more introverted. All of a sudden, my life both outside and inside of home no longer felt like a place where I could be myself and freely express my thoughts. So, with my budding interest in writing, I started expressing myself there instead.

And that's the long and the short of it. Writing for me has now become my own personal outlet, where I can write what I want and express myself where I know I'll be heard, without anyone telling me to shut up :blob_hmph:

Of course, due to my... "issues", not all of the things I choose to express are exactly pleasant, and my stories can get a bit edgy and sad at times as a result. But in general I tend to put every bit of my genuine feelings in whatever I portray, whether that be tender family affection, bittersweet farewells filled with heartache...

Or, you know, viciously beating a puppy to death with a rock :blob_happy:

Last edited:

Agentt

Thighs
Is it okay to respond after so long? Don't wanna make a thread that has already been made before.

Well I daydream a lot. And what started into writing was bc those story ideas come at night just when about to sleep, which kept me awake for another good chunk of time before sleep. Didn't really think I was a writer type, that is more my sibling's style. But ideas keep popping up so dumped them into writing prompts then decided give poetry a try then short story challenge here or there got a taste of writing maybe longer stories, and after a few platforms and stuff, now here.
It is usually not, but oh well, others seem to like it.

I started because of a dream I saw in August 2019

Mechaphobic

One day, I got the wild idea to see if some of the wild ideas in my head would entertain others. I was like "Hold my beer" then set it on my table, no one wants to be friends with the crazy person. I then just started trying, I actually didn't even finish high school, I took the route of a GED and went straight to a trade school. As a human being, I have a lot of contradictions in my personality and I embrace these in my writing. I use comedy to try to lampshade tragedy, and I like large complex stories that take several arcs to completely build up. I don't believe in perfect solutions, I believe in bridges made of sand that you need to constantly work on.

It also helps my roommate also uses this site, and he gave me quite a bit of nudging. I used to DM a lot of D&D games when we were all kids.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
Peer pressure and copious amounts of shoujo are my main motivation.

Also, quite the powerful necromantic spell this thread got.

Tearing_Sanctuary

I started writing because of Overlord. Everything started with that light novel lol. The first novel I deeply intended to read. Then what inspired to start writing.

There has been a change with me, and that is finally there's something that I wanted to do that I finally acted on intently. I have tried a lot of talents, but writing is what stuck with me.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
*gasps* Necromancy!!!

... Oh well, @Alverost probably watches this thread, so he can lock it if he feels like it~

As for me... I kinda just started creating CCS fanfics on my head? It just sorta happened on its own... Then I started making some original stuff after I was done with my fanfics, and before I noticed, I had quite a few stories made in my head.

At some point I just figured I wanted to write them down, and that led me here~

As for differences in me before and after writing... Uhn... Honestly, I changed so much from my teen years, that I'd have a hard time pinpointing just one thing... >.>

I guess I'll just say I improved a lot from my RP days, I was a pretty terrible writer back then~
I'd still say I'm average at best now, but it's still miles ahead of my skill levels at those days~

Kitsura

I write because I got tired of reading shitty isekai.

Then I started to actually like the process of writing and here I am.

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
I hated a series so much that I decided to make my own to show that it is not difficult, and incidentally annoy my friends that I can rightly complain about other stories with bad writing for having become a writer too.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
I used to write for myself, as an escape. Until a friend of mine who read my crazy stories nudged me to publish them on sites. So here I am... Publishing my crazy stories in the hopes it becomes someone's rescue like it is to me. :blob_hide:

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Hate.

Such a simple concept really, but such a powerful emotion to have.

My writing started from Hate.

Throughout my entire life, I enjoyed what-if scenarios and thinking to myself how certain things would work one way or another. I enjoyed reading stories, but I never bothered to write myself, occupied by the other things in life.
The occasional remoteness of my work and a passion for wilderness saw me lose myself in the depths of forests. A place where every gram is precious. A place where the weight of a book was too expensive to carry.
I started reading from a Kindle, then moved to a phone. The use of new media gave me access to the stories of the internet. Both great in their quantity as they were fickle in their quality.

It was a dark month of December. I was alone in the snow and the closest human being was tens of kilometres away. They were blessed, for they could not hear the scream of anguish. A cry of a backpacker, who realized the story he downloaded fell woefully short from the premise it offered.

I came back a different man. The oily residue seeping from my broken heart. Trickling through my veins into my fingers, and through them - onto the pen, they clenched henceforth.

AliceShiki

It was a dark month of December. I was alone in the snow and the closest human being was tens of kilometres away. They were blessed, for they could not hear the scream of anguish. A cry of a backpacker, who realized the story he downloaded fell woefully short from the premise it offered.
Yanno... It's honestly funny to imagine someone screaming in anguish because they read a bad story that failed to deliver~

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
What motivated me was the same reason why I wanted to draw comics, make games, and create YouTube videos. I just wanted to express myself. I wanted to be a part of every medium under the sun. A jack of all trades, even.

That failed horribly!

Now I'm in a position where I've done it all and have nothing to show for it. I just have failed projects behind me. I need to take it slowly now. Writing seems to be the easiest medium I can get to. My true passion is making games, but they are so hard to make, so much manpower to recruit, and so much time required. I really need to slow down and get my life together, but I have a need to express myself, especially now. Thus, writing is perfect. It still requires work as I'm already spending a month on planning my next story, but it's far more manageable than making a game. My latest game is already 2 years old and nowhere near half-way finished, and because it's priority has dropped in favor of my writing, I'll be lucky if it's going to be completed in the next 2 - 3 years.

AliceShiki

What motivated me was the same reason why I wanted to draw comics, make games, and create YouTube videos. I just wanted to express myself. I wanted to be a part of every medium under the sun. A jack of all trades, even.

That failed horribly!

Now I'm in a position where I've done it all and have nothing to show for it. I just have failed projects behind me. I need to take it slowly now. Writing seems to be the easiest medium I can get to. My true passion is making games, but they are so hard to make, so much manpower to recruit, and so much time required. I really need to slow down and get my life together, but I have a need to express myself, especially now. Thus, writing is perfect. It still requires work as I'm already spending a month on planning my next story, but it's far more manageable than making a game. My latest game is already 2 years old and nowhere near half-way finished, and because it's priority has dropped in favor of my writing, I'll be lucky if it's going to be completed in the next 2 - 3 years.
I can relate to almost everything you want, though I can't relate to the part of actually trying it out! xD

I still wanna make games in the future myself, just... Well, in the future, when I have a stable financial situation and enough money to spare on making an indie game that might very well flop.