What is Art?

OtherSlater

Because The First Slater Died.
I’m being sorta serious, I would like to know your definition of art.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
If you call it baby and ask it not to hurt you, don't hurt you, no more, it probably won't.

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
Art is an expression of one's self it can't be filtered, removed, altered and it cant be separated from its original creator. as a creator change so will his art change for better or worse, Art can't be censored, it can't be removed it cant be changed to fit some great religious and political agenda

dang im profound

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
True expression of anything that can then be given value based on beauty. Whether it be painting, a book, or even a tattoo. Art is viewed differently by everyone so art can be anything so long as someone finds beauty in it.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Art is an expression of one's self it can't be filtered, removed, altered and it cant be separated from its original creator. as a creator change so will his art change for better or worse, Art can't be censored, it can't be removed it cant be changed to fit some great religious and political agenda

dang im profound
"it cant be changed to fit some great religious and political agenda"... Yeah, okay.

D

Deleted member 57675

Art is something people are passionate about, stemming from their creativity and things they want to capture and show. It comes out in various forms - painting and drawing, an author and their beloved books, plays and scripts, a singer's melody that sways people, making cuisine look extra shiny and super expensive...

Art is also more of a starving profession, unless you're very lucky out of several million or have well known connections. Most art stuff - like paintings, books, plays -can you eat it? No. Does it help fuel the basic needs of society such as helping to advance technology to make basic living and surviving better? No. Looking at pretty stuff isn't going to help put food on table for many and that trickles down to the artist.

But will art be remembered? Maybe. Maybe thousands of years later, they find your r-18 sketch you made that's a cross between a hummingbird and a human doing some weird kink. And they'll note that down in history what this era was like in history textbooks. This is assuming they can still find you art lingering around then.

Art doesn't do much to help feed basic living needs of an average artistic person. Art can make a culture seem more exciting and present awed reputation to others. Art can be preserved in history as showing signs of how a society ages ago was like.

Last edited by a moderator:

imouthaloliocn

It's something that anyone may take in various ways. Unlike many people, and art teachers, I wouldn't say its something to express something, or some deep thing that you'd spend hours analyzing. I consider art something to enjoy, something to look at and think 'Whooohoo i love the belly area' rather than 'Oh God... This represents the Lord's return in 35 years, each of those pockets on that girls pants are representative of one of many Sins which shall be condemned..'

It really depends on what the illustrator intends, and what the audience thinks when they see it. I generally like drawing an anime girl, without any meaning to it other than an anime girl. I don't want to look at a piece of art and write 20 paragraphs connecting it to every social issue possible, and I absolutely do not want someone to waste their artworks and time on meaningless evaluations and expressions. Most of whatever people think are hugely deep insights to a piece of art, are assumptions and helpless takes on what they'd assume the artist was thinking. But they don't know what the artist was thinking. Anyone could come up with full pages of analysis about a painting of a metallic ball reflecting a human face, when to the artist may have been just a bit of practice.

Though art can, of course, be used to express something, to express your personal ideas--it's not something that you should stress 'critiques' nor 'interpretations' onto. Art is just something to have fun with.
Thats why I like Hentai

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
Art is an explosion that comes in the form of a man who’s able to literally give himself a blow job with his hand.