What is one thing you would tell people if you time traveled 100 years to the past?

tyler89558

You manage to find a way to time travel 100 years to the past, but you can only communicate one thing before you return to the present. Any speaking, writing, signing, or signaling counts as one message.

What would you say to the people of the past? Would you give them invaluable knowledge or tell them a random meme? Would you warn them of future calamities or find a way to screw us all over?

Regardless, I’m curious.

You know the Spanish flu? That’s not going to be the last pandemic.

Better get your asses into shape and develop decent countermeasures.

Oh yeah. Bacteria can become resistant to antibiotics, natural selection and all that jazz. Do not, I repeat DO NOT overprescribe them.

Credit ain’t infinite.

Also, World War I isn’t truly the war to end all wars.

i hate people in general.

i'd rather become a hermit for the next 100 years and embrace cultivation.

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
I would tell people left and right that i'm an oracle who could see the future civilization.

i would tell people that there would be great famine in ukraine, jews massacre in germany, then mass bombing in japan.

i also would tell people that machine could think in the future, just like Alan Turing said. and i would tell many more thing i know about the future to people at 1921.

i mean seriously, it's exactly at 100 years ago we gotten into a great leapt in civilization, it's the right time to start rumors.

peelsdeeni

The Unoriginal Disappointment
I would go to the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts and tell them to not reject a certain someone named Adolf

Mechaphobic

I would take all of the information I have been researching towards modern industrialization, chemical manufacturing, and medicine that I researched for my book series and put it all in a safe. I have done a lot of research for this series so I can guarantee it would be worth a fortune to anyone in the 1920's, probably enough to push them 30-40 years forward. I would then put it in a cipher that you need all of the pieces to assemble and put each cipher on a valuable recipe or method for things like AR-15 and AK-47 blueprints as well as relativity and other things. that way they can guarantee the safe will be loaded with goodies.

They can then fight until they are all sick of it, and maybe we wouldn't have any war or other crap left when we are born.

Mr.Grey-Cat

Invest in 2d entertaiment, that is the future

is my advice for them, who know, we may get a new disney, or better anime studios.

Icanica

You manage to find a way to time travel 100 years to the past, but you can only communicate one thing before you return to the present. Any speaking, writing, signing, or signaling counts as one message.

What would you say to the people of the past? Would you give them invaluable knowledge or tell them a random meme? Would you warn them of future calamities or find a way to screw us all over?

Regardless, I’m curious.

Possible things (assuming they would believe me):
- The exact date the MLKJr will be killed in order to prevent it.
- Making a good painting and attributing it to Hitler so he gets accepted to art school.
- Sending how to make nuclear weapons to the USSR so that America doesn't drop the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki (at least the hints like what Uranium and Plutonium are and nuclear fission)
- Make it so that Reagan never gets an acting gig, doesn't get famous and doesn't run for president. Or send John Hinckley an order to not miss this time.

Aaqil

Cookies!
Nothing, as it wouldn't change anything, it just create a new reality, where the one i came from never existed, and the me of that reality doesn't exist either, it just be a waste of time, doing something that never happened, not existing to not change something that wasn't different in the 1st place :blob_cookie: