What is one thing you would tell people if you time traveled 100 years to the past?

BubbleC

Floating Idiot
You manage to find a way to time travel 100 years to the past, but you can only communicate one thing before you return to the present. Any speaking, writing, signing, or signaling counts as one message.

What would you say to the people of the past? Would you give them invaluable knowledge or tell them a random meme? Would you warn them of future calamities or find a way to screw us all over?

Regardless, I’m curious.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
You manage to find a way to time travel 100 years to the past, but you can only communicate one thing before you return to the present. Any speaking, writing, signing, or signaling counts as one message.

What would you say to the people of the past? Would you give them invaluable knowledge or tell them a random meme? Would you warn them of future calamities or find a way to screw us all over?

Regardless, I’m curious.
I'd probably say the war to end all wars was a lie.
'-'

X

Napelynn

Regardless, I’m curious.
I would give this advice:

In a fight? Here is what you do, my friend. Bring your chin down to protect your neck while continuing to stare in his eyes. Bring up your hands and say "I don't want no trouble ya hear. Flex your traps and core. Slightly bend your knees. Here comes the important part. In a low voice begin to say "wolowolowolowolo-wolo" slowly increasing in volume. He should be surprised by now. Begin to sway side to side and loosen all facial muscles and your anal sphincter and your kegal muscle. By now you should be pretty loud and your opponent will have stepped back and appear visibly shaken. Begin to piss and shit yourself and let your eyes roll to the back of your head. By now, you're chanting "WOLOWOLOWOLOWOLO" at the top of your lungs. He will run away. Everyone within a one mile radius will feel a terrifying presence within their soul. Marvel as you ascend into your planar form.

D

Deleted member 45782

Regardless, I’m curious.
Yes. A 100 years to the past is the roaring 1920s. Would warn cause then after is the Great Depression and ww2.

LordAstrea

Catgirl Addict
There's this guy called Elon Musk who says that the existence of catgirls is possible.

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
I don't think I'd be treated nice. Being in the deep South in 1921 doesn't sound to good to me.

darkpikacha

So 100 years from now would be 1921. This ponders the question of where would you be. Anyways all likelihood I will probably make a long lengthy puzzle that require modern knowledge to figure out. The puzzle itself is my message. Who knows how it would effect the timeline.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Don't get a C-section if you can avoid it!

morhamza

Oh, I would find my folks and tell them to own land. Then, I would give them a detailed instruction on how to use and invest money for the next hundred years. This boy will get in on that generational wealth thing and finally escape poverty. All in writing of course. Like a Bible of how to get rich.
Oh! You thought I would have some grand epic plan to change the world for the better? You're right, I do. I just told you. I would make myself rich. How much better would the world be for me if I was rich?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I don't think there is anything truly relevant I could say 100 years back, it's just too far in the past.

Like, tell people to fight more for women's rights? They were already doing that at that time...
LGBT rights? They were doing that at that time too...
Tell them to avoid WW2? Not really, I mean, I not only doubt that my words would affect international politics, but I also think that the consequences of not having a crazy genocidal humongous war with nukes at the end could be pretty catastrophic to the timeline, so it's better to not mess with that.
Tell them that videogames don't make children more violent? They didn't have videogames at the time...

Basically anything I can think of was already underway, would be useless, or would be about something that didn't exist yet...

If you told me to go back 2 years in time though, I could say stuff like... "If a pandemic breaks out, please immediately cut all international travel altogether." But that's like... Not 100 years~

D

Deleted member 45782

I don't think there is anything truly relevant I could say 100 years back, it's just too far in the past.

Like, tell people to fight more for women's rights? They were already doing that at that time...
LGBT rights? They were doing that at that time too...
Tell them to avoid WW2? Not really, I mean, I not only doubt that my words would affect international politics, but I also think that the consequences of not having a crazy genocidal humongous war with nukes at the end could be pretty catastrophic to the timeline, so it's better to not mess with that.
Tell them that videogames don't make children more violent? They didn't have videogames at the time...

Basically anything I can think of was already underway, would be useless, or would be about something that didn't exist yet...

If you told me to go back 2 years in time though, I could say stuff like... "If a pandemic breaks out, please immediately cut all international travel altogether." But that's like... Not 100 years~
interesting. have not heard about them fighting for lgbt rights during the 1920s before...