What is stopping you from writing more?

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
I think I'm mentally worn out. I have my entire story in my head and want to finish it. I want to write it down but the process of correcting, editing, decorating my words and expressing my feelings is really hurting me. I have the pictures to make too. lol

mhmmd_1444

That looks like people doesn't even want to lay their hands on it, and even read it.
I have this little mindset, "What's the point of this book existence if there's no one want to grab and read them?"
So, I unpublish that and never write more

bulmabriefs144

Just curious
Well, usually it's the startup phase. If I get into the rhythm of writing, I can keep writing and writing. My high fantasy epic was a true epic in the sense of being egregiously long (about 60-80 chapters, and about 386k words. For reference, a typical novel's like 50k at most, with a typical short story as brief at 5000 words or less). But if I don't have an idea that I'm psyched about, it usually stall out and it takes me months to update chapters.

Thinking up a new story is tough for me, but I don't generally get blocked (mainly because I push through it). What I do find is that I type quickly and tend to make typos that can't be caught by spellcheck (they're usually homophonic or similar letter errors because I'm sounding out what I want to write in my head). Like where I know the difference between wear, where, were, and we're when I'm typing and paying attention, but not if I'm tired or get into a fast rhythm.
I think I'm mentally worn out. I have my entire story in my head and want to finish it. I want to write it down but the process of correcting, editing, decorating my words and expressing my feelings is really hurting me. I have the pictures to make too. lol
There was this movie about a writer like that. He was searching for the perfect words to write his perfect story. But he was blocked and stuck on page 4 or so (I have a feeling it was Throw Momma from the Train). You're going to make errors. This is what editors are for. But if you break your rhythm, the story doesn't flow.

Better to have errors (hell, I have continuity errors for things that I repeated several times, then decided to change) than to stall and not finish. Perfectionism is at least as bad as procrastination.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Tiredness from doing errands in the morning in 90-something degree heat. Hence, shower and afternoon nap.

Ruyi

༺ aureate sect ༻
can't get the mood quite right and i haven't figured out how to tie up the loose ends in the mystery-themed plot yet

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I don't know what to write...
try and write based off the idea of a friend. Might train you into being more accepting and transformative of ideas
Well, usually it's the startup phase. If I get into the rhythm of writing, I can keep writing and writing. My high fantasy epic was a true epic in the sense of being egregiously long (about 60-80 chapters, and about 386k words. For reference, a typical novel's like 50k at most, with a typical short story as brief at 5000 words or less). But if I don't have an idea that I'm psyched about, it usually stall out and it takes me months to update chapters.

Thinking up a new story is tough for me, but I don't generally get blocked (mainly because I push through it). What I do find is that I type quickly and tend to make typos that can't be caught by spellcheck (they're usually homophonic or similar letter errors because I'm sounding out what I want to write in my head). Like where I know the difference between wear, where, were, and we're when I'm typing and paying attention, but not if I'm tired or get into a fast rhythm.

There was this movie about a writer like that. He was searching for the perfect words to write his perfect story. But he was blocked and stuck on page 4 or so (I have a feeling it was Throw Momma from the Train). You're going to make errors. This is what editors are for. But if you break your rhythm, the story doesn't flow.

Better to have errors (hell, I have continuity errors for things that I repeated several times, then decided to change) than to stall and not finish. Perfectionism is at least as bad as procrastination.
Perhaps you could use the google extension, text blaze to auto correct your frequent spelling mistakes.

Agentt

Thighs
and write based off the idea of a friend. Might train you into being more accepting and transformative of ideas
Na, the problem is the story pace is too slow. I am not used to writing an action one. Currently, I don't know why would my character even want to fight.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Na, the problem is the story pace is too slow. I am not used to writing an action one. Currently, I don't know why would my character even want to fight.
Have Mc be offered money if he fights

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Work, time, trouble in putting ideas into words.

Last edited:

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
Not enough time, and having to work for a living in an area of high unemployment so I can listen to everyone outside doing eff all with their day

Macha

Not a Klutz
The unstoppable marching of time that is slowly guiding us all towards an inevitable death.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
... Why are you writing an action story then? o.0

If it's not a genre you like writing, then wouldn't it better to write something else?