What is stopping you from writing more?

Kitsura

A full-time job and also feel like my writing is worthless.

I know it doesn't make that much sense even though, my main novel has 2.1k readers, but mean comments hurt, and I just went through a pretty painful book querying process recently. Still trying to move past it.

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
Everytime I get on and try to write I'd instantly get these ideas that flow through my head during the session.

The past few weeks haven't been kind. I draw a blank head everytime I try to write.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
The build up of little anoyances throughout the day. I've found the perfect time to write, while an over modded game tries to load. Takes an hour in which I sleep afterwards. And then that feeling of "why?" bubbles up. Just wait and do nothing instead of purposefully stressing yourself. Get a nice hour to clear the mind.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
ADHD mainly.

I mean, I take my meds, but they aren't miracle-workers. I still need to put a lot of effort to do my daily quota at my home-office job... By the time I'm done, it's usually too late in the day, so I leave writing for another day... And then the cycle repeats.

Jayrayme6

Sustainability. If I write or think too intensively, it can trigger insomnia and feeling like shit for a few days. That's why I have a motto to never work on my story past 5 P.M. I'd rather work during the day even if it means waking up earlier to then rest before going to sleep.

D

Deleted member 57675

What keeps the roof over the head for future years to come? Eventually what one does to move through each stage of life can make one forget or loose that writing spark. Or whatever their interests once was.

And as many are plagued by: laziness, procrastination, etc.