What is that thing and how can I have it?

Nane

Doesn't go well in a milkshake
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and I've been seeing some really interesting descriptions under most of the active members' names (most are hilarious, really). I think it is called status?? I'm not sure.
So, how does one get one of those? Can a new member get it, or do I have to wait a certain amount of time? Or reach a level of points?

Help will be appreciated. :blob_frown:

Sincerely,
A newbie

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
50+ messages will allow you to edit it. There are more rewards along the way. I'm currently trying to get to the point where I can have a background banner on my profile page. I think it's 300+ messages for that one.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
50+ messages will allow you to edit it. There are more rewards along the way. I'm currently trying to get to the point where I can have a background banner on my profile page. I think it's 300+ messages for that one.
....how do yall know this? I've been here since the very first day the site came up, hell since its Parent website was newly born, and dont know jack shit and no rewards.

Paul_Tromba

....how do yall know this? I've been here since the very first day the site came up, hell since its Parent website was newly born, and dont know jack shit and no rewards.
I just asked people who had these capabilities and rewards. They were nice enough to answer.

Mihou

Firefly—
I'm currently trying to get to the point where I can have a background banner on my profile page. I think it's 300+ messages for that one.
Profile banner is maybe not messages, but reaction score, trophies or a message count less than 300 if I remember correctly considering how I have access to the feature while having 290 messages. (291 messages after this), but I've always had Profile Banner since its release on SHF though, so I don't know the exact numbers.

Last edited:

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
I had assumed profile banner was always available. Oh well, I guess I never realized it wasnt due to how fast I gained post count when shf was created back in the day.

Paul_Tromba

Any other rewards?
Not that I know of. There may be more but I haven't seen anyone with them so I don't know. Tony would know though.
Profile banner is maybe not messages, but reaction score, trophies or a message count less than 300 if I remember correctly considering how I have access to the feature while having 290 messages. (291 messages after this), but I've always had Profile Banner since its release on SHF though, so I don't know the exact numbers.
I was just told these things by people who had them so the info is second-hand. It may not be entirely correct.
I think its 200
That might be the case. I had heard it secondhand sop they may not have been correct either.

Nane

Iirc, you need to have more than 50 messages, be it post or comment, before you can edit and customize your own title
Thanks a lot.
It seems like I have a long way to go :blob_hmm_two:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
check out the last to comment wins thread for easy message grinding
Last to comment thread is in the community games sub-forum, so messages from there don't count towards your message count.
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and I've been seeing some really interesting descriptions under most of the active members' names (most are hilarious, really). I think it is called status?? I'm not sure.
So, how does one get one of those? Can a new member get it, or do I have to wait a certain amount of time? Or reach a level of points?

Sincerely,
A newbie
50 messages for access to custom title - of which profile posts, community games posts, and Conversation posts do not count towards it.
150 messages for access to the profile banner
I think you need 100 messages before you can like posts in Conversations - but if you don't plan on PM'ing people then that doesn't really matter.
The Angry reaction makes you lose a reaction on your reaction score - for the one who receives it, I mean.

When you hit certain message and reaction thresholds, you will gain a trophy that awards you points. Those points will put you on a Member leaderboard.

If you ever plan on changing your username for the forum, you can do it in your [Account Details]. If you want to change your username for the main site, you'll have to either PM or post a message to the site owner, @Tony on here since you can't PM him on the main site.

Can't quite recall anything else you might need to know right now, but that's about it I think.

Hope you have a lovely time on the forum and main site, and that you should probably check out the FAQ for other stuff.
>w<

*huggles you and gives a flapjack*

\(^o^)/

X

Nane

check out the last to comment wins thread for easy message grinding
Tbh I didn't know this was a thing. So, apparently it's not, but still appreciate the effort.
Last to comment thread is in the community games sub-forum, so messages from there don't count towards your message count.

50 messages for access to custom title - of which profile posts, community games posts, and Conversation posts do not count towards it.
150 messages for access to the profile banner
I think you need 100 messages before you can like posts in Conversations - but if you don't plan on PM'ing people then that doesn't really matter.
The Angry reaction makes you lose a reaction on your reaction score - for the one who receives it, I mean.

When you hit certain message and reaction thresholds, you will gain a trophy that awards you points. Those points will put you on a Member leaderboard.

If you ever plan on changing your username for the forum, you can do it in your [Account Details]. If you want to change your username for the main site, you'll have to either PM or post a message to the site owner, @Tony on here since you can't PM him on the main site.

Can't quite recall anything else you might need to know right now, but that's about it I think.

Hope you have a lovely time on the forum and main site, and that you should probably check out the FAQ for other stuff.
>w<

*huggles you and gives a flapjack*

\(^o^)/

X
Thank you, kind sir.
This has been really informative. I'm having a good time on the site and the forum so far :blobthumbsup:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Thank you, kind sir.
This has been really informative. I'm having a good time on the site and the forum so far :blobthumbsup:
*is female*
'-'

Glad you're having a nice time so far!
\o/

X

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Sincerely,
A newbie

You need to get a cat, then treat it as your supreme master!

Once done, get 50 messages.